Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PoFo Members Football Sub-Forum

1. -71
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    I am not Anti-Henne by any stretch but he is very raw and needs a lot of polishing before he can be considered a legitimate franchise level QB. The circumstances in Miami does not afford him the luxry that Arron Rodgers recieved in Green Bay. Henne has to learn on the field because we have nobody else better. I know some of you are going to flame me here but if Vince Young does get released and we can woo him to Miami without giving him an obscene amount of money or a slew of draft picks, I think thats the best alternative that is a long shot but plausable.

Finfan13 and anyone else hoping to get luck here is dreaming. There is no garuntee he declares but if he does there are too many teams in front of us who are as desperate as we are for a decent QB. They are not going to let us trade up for him or the other two QB's being talked about in this draft class. I think if Young gets released he will be out of reach for us too because it will probably take us getting into a bidding war and force us to massivily overpay for him and he has a reputation of being unreliable under Fischer.

The reason I am high on Young is not because I think he is a great QB but I do think he is better the Henne is right now. Signing Young could provide Henne some relief from the pressure of being the starter. Young I think is a better QB then he appears to be under Fischer. I think Fischer is not helping Young and it is reflecting in his play. I think under a coach who believes in him could turn him into a much better QB. If Miami could make him feel like he fits in here it could be a win/win situation for everyone. I would even seriously consider if the deal included us swapping QB's. Tennesse may better suited to develop Henne while Young may thrive here.

I think it actually happening is a longshot but if the opprotunity showed itself I would be in favor of pulling the trigger. At worst it buys us a few seasons to shop for another QB without tanking the next few seasons. JMO
    Yikes dude. Seriously? Young is a 9 to 5 QB that doesn't work hard at learning to be a better QB. He's immature and is seriously lacking in the leadership department. Young wants to do the minimum possible and live of of his talent and that won't cut it in this league. Bring him in and you're asking the coaching staff to spend all of their time trying to coach up Young (who really doesn't care) and very little time coaching Henne. Young needs a babysitter, and this team is already babysitting a wide reciever. That's our quota.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Yikes dude. Seriously? Young is a 9 to 5 QB that doesn't work hard at learning to be a better QB. He's immature and is seriously lacking in the leadership department. Young wants to do the minimum possible and live of of his talent and that won't cut it in this league. Bring him in and you're asking the coaching staff to spend all of their time trying to coach up Young (who really doesn't care) and very little time coaching Henne. Young needs a babysitter, and this team is already babysitting a wide reciever. That's our quota.
    Gotta agree here. Young is the definition of a spoiled athlete. All the tools and ability, ZERO work ethic. I guess that's what happens when you are handed everything your entire life, you never learn how to work for something.

I loved Young coming out, I do not want him as a Dolphin after seeing his cry-baby act in Tenn.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK...
    So where do we draft and what is our final record?

Some will probably say it's way too early, I disagree. This season is done. If we play our ***** off we get to 9-7, 10-6 at best. Not happening fellas.

I think we finish 6-10, or 7-9. Which is a bit disheartening for me considering I predicted a 10-6, 11-5 season.

I think that puts us around 12-15 draft wise.

I would love to make a block buster trade and go get A. Luck. But unfortunately that is just not realistic. Either the Bills or Carolina will have the first pick, and they both need a Franchise QB. Though the Bills seem to like Fitzpatrick, and have a ton of holes to fill, I still don't see them trading with their division rivals, and giving us a true Franchise QB. Carolina needs a QB so bad, I bet they try and trade up with the Bills...LOL

So, Here is our conundrum, do we take Ingram, who is a safe pick IMO, or do we trade down and get more picks?

Mallet may also be available when we pick, but he has too many ?'s for me. I want a sure thing in the first, or a trade down to get a couple more picks.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFan 13 View Post
    OK...
    So where do we draft and what is our final record?

Some will probably say it's way too early, I disagree. This season is done. If we play our ***** off we get to 9-7, 10-6 at best. Not happening fellas.

I think we finish 6-10, or 7-9. Which is a bit disheartening for me considering I predicted a 10-6, 11-5 season.

I think that puts us around 12-15 draft wise.

I would love to make a block buster trade and go get A. Luck. But unfortunately that is just not realistic. Either the Bills or Carolina will have the first pick, and they both need a Franchise QB. Though the Bills seem to like Fitzpatrick, and have a ton of holes to fill, I still don't see them trading with their division rivals, and giving us a true Franchise QB. Carolina needs a QB so bad, I bet they try and trade up with the Bills...LOL

So, Here is our conundrum, do we take Ingram, who is a safe pick IMO, or do we trade down and get more picks?

Mallet may also be available when we pick, but he has too many ?'s for me. I want a sure thing in the first, or a trade down to get a couple more picks.
    I'd say 8 (worst case senario) to 15 (best case senario). I'm not so sure about a RB in round 1. I'm not a big fan of Ingram's speed. In today's NFL unless the RB has Peterson type ability, you are better served finding a RB in the middle rounds. I'm a fan of Mallet's skills, just not what seems to be his lack of intangibles. Not sure about his leadership qualities. Honestly I haven't looked much further at the draft class than that. I'm not sure what we would do with, say, the 8th pick.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The regression of the OLine really screws with the 5 yr plan. They've got to find quality interior linemen, whether it be in the draft or free agency.

I don't think you go RB or QB in the first. Unless a running back possesses some transcendent skills like the speed of Chris Johnson or the overall beastlyness of Peterson you don't take 'em in the first round. And the QB is Henne for another year assuming Sparano and Ireland stick around. Being a Carolina boy I like Robert Quinn, but I'm guessing once he hits the camps he'll become a top 5 pick again. Hes another Peppers, speedy, massive, and generally impossible to stop one on one. Here's to hoping the NCAA stink stays with him and teams avoid him because of it. Not likely though....

With this crew running the show its impossible to predict who they'll pick early. The concept seemed to be OL/DL year one, WR/CB year two, LB year three.....so safety in year four? I can't see Ireland taking a safety with a first round pick though.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    The regression of the OLine really screws with the 5 yr plan. They've got to find quality interior linemen, whether it be in the draft or free agency.

I don't think you go RB or QB in the first. Unless a running back possesses some transcendent skills like the speed of Chris Johnson or the overall beastlyness of Peterson you don't take 'em in the first round. And the QB is Henne for another year assuming Sparano and Ireland stick around. Being a Carolina boy I like Robert Quinn, but I'm guessing once he hits the camps he'll become a top 5 pick again. Hes another Peppers, speedy, massive, and generally impossible to stop one on one. Here's to hoping the NCAA stink stays with him and teams avoid him because of it. Not likely though....

With this crew running the show its impossible to predict who they'll pick early. The concept seemed to be OL/DL year one, WR/CB year two, LB year three.....so safety in year four? I can't see Ireland taking a safety with a first round pick though.
    What pisses me off is how they cut all the guys who made the line dominant and the replacements have been sub-par. Why cut guys from one the best lines in the league?

In the first we HAVE to go with a playmaker. Either a pass rusher or a WR/TE/QB. We sorely lack difference makers on this team. Can the DE you mentioned play OLB in a 3-4? If not I seriously doubt we take him since DL is one of the few positions we are set at and we just drafted one first last year.

Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Berger hasn't been that bad at the center position. The real position of need right now along the OL is at LG. Incognito is horrible. He's the slowest puller I've ever seen and much of the time he wiffs on the block at the end of his pulls. Unfortunately I don't think there are any guards that have a high first round grade in the draft so we're probably looking at another free agent or another Jerry type picked up in the mid rounds.

If we pick around 10 I don't think QB or RB is going to be the pick. We're probably looking at another front 7 defensive player or a WR.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Berger hasn't been that bad at the center position. The real position of need right now along the OL is at LG. Incognito is horrible. He's the slowest puller I've ever seen and much of the time he wiffs on the block at the end of his pulls. Unfortunately I don't think there are any guards that have a high first round grade in the draft so we're probably looking at another free agent or another Jerry type picked up in the mid rounds.

If we pick around 10 I don't think QB or RB is going to be the pick. We're probably looking at another front 7 defensive player or a WR.

Berger isn't setting the league on fire, but he is definitely a good C. Incognito...I have never seen such a terrible pulling guard. I mean it, NEVER. He needs to be replaced. I ant Mankins there at LG. I doubt NE lets him go though. Garner was pretty impressive replacing Smiley last year, so maybe he comes back healthy and we pick up a FA or draft a guy in the 3-4th round. I see a couple of nice OG prospects in the 3-4th this year.

This draft needs to focus mostly on Offense. Speed WR, RB, #1 TE. Not in that order, but all those are positions of dire need.

I would take Ingram at 12-15 all day. He doesn't have the Speed of Chris Johnson, or the "beastlyness" of AP, but what he does have is great Vision. Better Vision than both those guys. He is plenty fast enough, good burst, nice lateral quickness, and GREAT vision. Ingram is about as close to a lock for a great NFL career as anyone in that draft range.(Per OUR needs)

I will say this, if we draft another DLine guy with our first pick, I'll be purchasing a new big screen, cause I'll put my foot right through that SOB. This team needs offense badly.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFan 13 View Post
    This draft needs to focus mostly on Offense. Speed WR, RB, #1 TE. Not in that order, but all those are positions of dire need.

I would take Ingram at 12-15 all day. He doesn't have the Speed of Chris Johnson, or the "beastlyness" of AP, but what he does have is great Vision. Better Vision than both those guys. He is plenty fast enough, good burst, nice lateral quickness, and GREAT vision. Ingram is about as close to a lock for a great NFL career as anyone in that draft range.(Per OUR needs)

I will say this, if we draft another DLine guy with our first pick, I'll be purchasing a new big screen, cause I'll put my foot right through that SOB. This team needs offense badly.
    If you like Ingram's vision, watch Louisville's Bilal Powell's highlights. He has great vision and a burst to go along with it. He also finishes runs like he's 25 lbs heavier: really nasty. But he has a shiftiness to him that screams "the next level". He could be had in the mid-rounds if we don't take Ingram.

Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smokey Mountains
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you like Ingram's vision, watch Louisville's Bilal Powell's highlights. He has great vision and a burst to go along with it. He also finishes runs like he's 25 lbs heavier: really nasty. He could be had in the mid-rounds if we don't take Ingram.
    Are you being serious?. Ingram is much more compact, which I like in a RB, and he plays elite opponents every week in the SEC. I can't say the same for the Big East. He has also won the Heisman. As far as I know, prior to this year Powell has ONE hundred yard game! Now I can't say that I watch alot of Louisville football, but are you just joking around or what? You have to be pulling the Homer card...

The real reason I like Ingram for our pick, is it makes the most sense. If you can give me a better prospect, that also fills one of our offensive needs, and is likely available when we pick(say between 11-16) I would listen. Right now I can't find a better pick. Obviously if we trade down or up that would change. I am just being as realistic as I can be.

Edit: After watching those few highlights, Powell seems what I remember. He runs a little too upright for my liking. He has good burst, and you could be right he may be worth a mid-late round pick. On those big runs though, he really only showed good vision on one. The others were just gaping holes, and the 85 yarder was simply horrid tackling. I won't judge him on a single highlight reel though.
    Last edited by FinFan 13; 11-25-2010 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Quote