Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going ballistic over THIS game is just a little nuts. What would you expect?

1. -1
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks

Going ballistic over THIS game is just a little nuts. What would you expect?

Consider the circumstances before the game:
    - Your top two Qbs are injured and you are forced to start your 3rd string QB
    - Your starting Center is injured and you are forced to start your 2nd string CT
    - Your starting All-Pro left tackle has a separated shoulder and its unclear if he will start
    - You have FOUR DAYS to prepare for a TOP 5 NFL defense
    Now, consider what happened during just the first half:
    - Your starting LT is playing, but essentially he's playing one handed.
    - Almost immediately you lose your 2nd string center for the season to injury
    - You move an average quality 1st string guard over to play 3rd string center and bring in your second string guard to take his place.
    - Just as your best WR (if not best player) makes his best play, you lose him for the rest of the game to injury and now have to start a rookie in that position.
    By the beginning of the second half your already devastated offense has to face a top 5 NFL Defense looking like this:
    QB - 3rd String
    LT - Pro-Bowler with one hand tied behind his back
    LG - Rookie
    CT - 3rd String
    RG - 2nd String
    RT - Slighty above AVG Starter
    WR - Rookie playing for injured #1

I don't know how ANYONE could reasonably expect anything other than what happened yesterday. I don't even think the mighty Bill Belichick could win that game. Realistically, it could have been a lot worse.

As far as I'm concerned this game is what happened on Thursday night, nothing more. Anyone who was still hoping for playoffs had to know it was a long shot to begin with and should have known we were in trouble to begin with.

Miami has 10 days to heal up and get it together, they are playing for pride now. But I'm afraid that until Henne, Marshall and Berger are all ready to play we can hope to win, but expect to lose.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're right. if we go into to Oakland with Incognito at center, Thigpen at QB and no Marshall we pretty much have no chance to win.
    Andrew Luck VS New England

0-3 with 6 TD's and 8 picks. Not sure "Suck for Luck" helps in our division. Maybe we stop the "meaningless wins" talk.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its not going ballistic over this game, this was just like the snapping point... the eye opener... the smack in the face to see reality.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    You're right. if we go into to Oakland with Incognito at center, Thigpen at QB and no Marshall we pretty much have no chance to win.
    3rd String QB, backup center, no marshall, but we still ran the ball 6 times....... eye opener... get rid of the coaching staff, keep and maybe promote Nolan. Everyone else should go.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

i would expect this team to at least show up and play with heart. every team has injuries, their is no excuse whatsoever to get shutout in the NFL. NONE. especially at home on prime-time. we did not play a world beater team last night, and despite our injuries, we could have and should have won. we played with no heart, our defense couldn't stop the bears on 3rd down for their lives, and we took incredibly dumb penalties( Marshall)

i am fed up. i might as well tape this season and re-watch it every year, because its the same thing every single year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 52CANES View Post
    Its not going ballistic over this game, this was just like the snapping point... the eye opener... the smack in the face to see reality.
    No that was when we played the Patriots.
    A strong sign we have not improved, is the same tired threads on the forum every year.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We should have and could have played better..

Brandon Marshall should have took over but didnt..

Thanks, Hope your 200,000 sports car is driving nice.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finland View Post
    No that was when we played the Patriots.
    Well some people need 2 slaps in the face =)
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Where is the reset button?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would expect a starting qb in the NFL at least to understand what a pocket is and how far to drop back to execute a wr reverse. I know though, that is asking too much.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post

i would expect this team to at least show up and play with heart. every team has injuries, their is no excuse whatsoever to get shutout in the NFL. NONE. especially at home on prime-time. we did not play a world beater team last night, and despite our injuries, we could have and should have won. we played with no heart, our defense couldn't stop the bears on 3rd down for their lives, and we took incredibly dumb penalties( Marshall)

i am fed up. i might as well tape this season and re-watch it every year, because its the same thing every single year.
    Now you are getting it!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 52CANES View Post
    3rd String QB, backup center, no marshall, but we still ran the ball 6 times....... eye opener... get rid of the coaching staff, keep and maybe promote Nolan. Everyone else should go.
    We didn't run the ball because running is not our strength this year. Especially with our depleted O'Line facing the league's NUMBER 2 Rush Defense.
    Quote Quote