Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 offense vs 2010 offense

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

2007 offense vs 2010 offense

When we think of the worst Dolphins' offense of the last 30 years, most of us think about the 2007 team. That was Cam Cameron's only year with our organization and it was quite forgettable. In case you have forgotten, that year we started an old and concussed Trent Green, Cleo Lemon, and rookie John Beck at QB. Furthermore, our best WR was Marty Booker (after we traded Chris Chambers) and Ted Ginn was starting as a rookie. That pathetic team scored 26 offensive TD's which comes out to 1.65 TD's/game.

This year, our 3rd year under Sparano/Henning, we have scored 14 TD's in 10 game or 1.4 TD's/game. When you consider how much better this offense looks on paper than that 2007 offense, all I can say is WTF!!!!

Big-time players make big-time plays in big-time games.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Well there's a taste of reality that will hit you like a ton of bricks. That group of QBs was worse than the group we have now. I think that O-line was pretty bad too...IIRC they gave up something like 45 sacks. And yet people like Chris Mortensen defend Henning...unreal.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That 2007 offense, despite all the losses, was actually pretty good before all the injuries, especially Ronnie's.

"Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    at least in 07, ronnie until he got hurt was a big bright spot for us. who the **** is a bright spot for us on offense this year?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    That 2007 team was hit with severe injuries on defense. But when Trent Green and Ronnie were healthy they were halfway decent. Ronnie was on his way to putting up one of the great RB seasons . . . and that was with Cameron experimenting the first 2 games with him. Once Trent and Ronnie went down, that team was pathetic.

Despite these injuries this year, we shouldn't have even been in a must win situation last night . . . Dan Henning cost us a few games this year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    at least in 07, ronnie until he got hurt was a big bright spot for us. who the **** is a bright spot for us on offense this year?

Jake Long . . . when your OT is the lone bright spot, that isn't a good thing. But then again, it can be traced back to the OC. Just like Ronnie in 07, I don't think he makes it thru the year.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Jake Long . . . when your OT is the lone bright spot, that isn't a good thing. But then again, it can be traced back to the OC. Just like Ronnie in 07, I don't think he makes it thru the year.
    it makes me sick how this man still has a job. u gotta love when we r down by 16 with like 4 minutes to go, rather than shotgun formation, we r doing play-action.

isnt play-action supposed to fake the opponents out? who the **** is going to be faked out when they r up by 16 with 4 to go?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brandon Marshall has played well. Davone Bess has played well. Brian Hartline has played well. It's interesting that for a team that refuses to use any kind of vertical passing game the receiving core has been fairly strong. The running game has been a complete dud, the offensive line is decimated by injury, the coaching staff has had one of the worst season long performances i've ever seen (and i like Sparano/Henning). I wouldn't say we're as bad as the 2007 team and that there are no bright spots (we have won 5 games). Karlos Dansby has been fantastic, Vontae Davis very strong. Wake at times. Misi. Dan Carpenter and Brandon Fields. Others. But erratic play calling has really crippled this offense and as a whole made this team underachievers.
    "I told the team 7-9 is mediocre, and mediocrity is not going to be accepted here" - Tony Sparano

"Well the cool breeze came on Tuesday, And the corn's a bumper crop
    And the fields are full of dancin' Full of singin' and romancin'
    The music never stopped." - Bob Weir

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The sewer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2010's offense has gone straight down the tiolet. This was a tough O Line that could run the ball last year, it sucks right now. No great WRs but could find ways to move the ball and put points on the board last year. Most of this is on the coaching staff. The rise and fall of the offense is unbelievable, they were building an offense and then destroyed it. It's in pieces on the ground and I don't think the return of Henne is going to help much.

It still can't hold a candle to 2004's offense in sucking. I think some games they may have had negative points from the opposing defense scoring more points off of defensive TDs than they were giving up.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Norton View Post
    2010's offense has gone straight down the tiolet. This was a tough O Line that could run the ball last year, it sucks right now. No great WRs but could find ways to move the ball and put points on the board last year. Most of this is on the coaching staff. The rise and fall of the offense is unbelievable, they were building an offense and then destroyed it. It's in pieces on the ground and I don't think the return of Henne is going to help much.

It still can't hold a candle to 2004's offense in sucking. I think some games they may have had negative points from the opposing defense scoring more points off of defensive TDs than they were giving up.
    Yep 2004 was horrible, especially the first part of the year. That defense carried the team to 4 wins.
    Quote Quote