Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: The best shot at becoming relevant once again.

  1. -1
    3rdandinches's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,391
    vCash:
    4180
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks

    The best shot at becoming relevant once again.

    Might have to be rooting for Detroit to lose out and hopefully finish last. They have a franchise QB and there's no way their going to want to pay another rookie #1 money again. They would easily want to trade back to acquire more picks and pay less money for their 1st pick. I still think there's a shot Carolina would trade back but I would think of all the teams that could finish last Detroit would be our best bet to trade up for QB A.Luck!

    I couldn't careless if people are getting sick of hearing about getting A.Luck on this board because there's plenty of us sick and tired of the same old crap each year!
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    SuperMarksBros.'s Avatar
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2001
    Posts:
    6,532
    vCash:
    2999
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Other teams finishing with the worst record that prob would benefit us:

    Carolina-Just used a #2 on Clausen, I doubt theyre giving up on him this early

    Denver: Orton and Tebow

    Dallas: Romo

    Cleveland: McCoy

    Beware of Arizona, SF, Buffalo, Cincinattii, and Minnesota


    "Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    3rdandinches's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,391
    vCash:
    4180
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarksBros. View Post
    Other teams finishing with the worst record that prob would benefit us:

    Carolina-Just used a #2 on Clausen, I doubt theyre giving up on him this early

    Denver: Orton and Tebow

    Dallas: Romo

    Cleveland: McCoy

    Beware of Arizona, SF, Buffalo, Cincinattii, and Minnesota
    100% agree with you but I really believe because the money Detroit has spent in the last few years on Stafford and Suh their not going to want to have another rookie making a huge pay day. Plus their needs are all over the place from CB to Oline thus allowing them to drop back to 10-14 and still get an impact player.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Myles Fynch's Avatar
    durka durka

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2006
    Posts:
    7,058
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Zombieland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't rule Dallas out if their record is bad enough to get him. Puts some heat on Romo and allows Luck to come in when he's ready.
    .

    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    SnakeoilSeller's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,500
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can include me in the group that is tired of hearing about Luck already, because it will not happen. We would have to give up too much to get him, and we dont have the picks to do it.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    outlawd2u's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    3,856
    vCash:
    1810
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    100% agree with you but I really believe because the money Detroit has spent in the last few years on Stafford and Suh their not going to want to have another rookie making a huge pay day. Plus their needs are all over the place from CB to Oline thus allowing them to drop back to 10-14 and still get an impact player.
    There's a chance there could be a rookie cap in place before the next season rolls around. If so nobody will be afraid of the #1 pick anymore and that's how it should be.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    johngarry's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    3,313
    vCash:
    8412
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sorry 3rd, but Murder City is definitely in the run for another qb next April. the kid Stafford is done. that shoulder needs a year maybe more to heal (if ever), and even then he's more likely to be Penne 2.0. they should get some of his contract $$$ back in an injury settlement or poison codicil. best we can hope for is Jake Locker (barf!).
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    280
    vCash:
    1235
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    Might have to be rooting for Detroit to lose out and hopefully finish last. They have a franchise QB and there's no way their going to want to pay another rookie #1 money again. They would easily want to trade back to acquire more picks and pay less money for their 1st pick. I still think there's a shot Carolina would trade back but I would think of all the teams that could finish last Detroit would be our best bet to trade up for QB A.Luck!

    I couldn't careless if people are getting sick of hearing about getting A.Luck on this board because there's plenty of us sick and tired of the same old crap each year!
    I don't know much about this "Andrew Luck" character, but I can say that I'm glad we're all coming to an agreement that Henne has just as much to do with our offensive problems as Dan Henning does.

    If Andrew Luck is the answer the lot of you are waiting for, then I'm on board. I will say that I hate, absolutely hate that we're going to give up draft picks for him, over pay him, and rest the fate of our franchise on his shoulders should we find a way to pick him up. But this team needs a ****ing change, very badly. So here's to our soon to be Franchise QB.

    Cheers. Now that I've said all that, time to watch some more film on him.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    finfan75's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    696
    vCash:
    1016
    Loc:
    Southaven
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are UFA at the end of the year... One can hope...
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    SebasMiamiFan's Avatar
    This Is My House

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    14,466
    vCash:
    6443
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan75 View Post
    Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are UFA at the end of the year... One can hope...
    Peyton Manning a Dolphin? One can dream....






    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Not relevant to the Dolphin's really but...
    By BoulderFinFan in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 02:45 PM
  2. WR Patrick Carter?? Is He Relevant?
    By Elliott 1 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 04:57 PM
  3. relevant
    By Finland in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 01:44 AM
  4. Vote for your favorite God. Yes, this is relevant to the Dolphins.
    By HeartbreakKid28 in forum Religion Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 09:52 AM
  5. A Relevant Political Quote
    By SkapePhin in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •