Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browns fan talking about playoffs, Playoffs!?!?!

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Browns fan talking about playoffs, Playoffs!?!?!

If you thought our board was bad, here is a post on a Browns forum about a fan hearing that the Browns have an outside shot of the playoffs (remember this team is 4-7).

I'm not sure what the stats are but I've heard that there is still a chance we could make the playoffs! We can win these last 5 games and sit at 9-7... will that be good enough? I'm not sure if it will but I expect intensity and heart from our guys as if it would be enough! WE MUST WIN OUT! No lapses in the second half and no mental mistakes from our QB, protect the football and treat Miami like we did NO or NE and we win. This will be two in a row should we win, we pulled out four in a row last year when it didn't matter, can we pull our 6 when it does?

I personally don't think our chances are good (probably 10/90), but we have a shot (assuming a win vs. the Browns) sitting at 7-5 and 2.5 games out of a wildcard (.5 game considering we lost to all 4 AFC E and AFC N leaders). The Browns on the other hand, if they wouldn't have layed an egg at the end of the Jets game, maybe they can talk of an OUTSIDE shot.

Looking forward to this week. I think we can contain Hillis to a point (he's almost match-up prone) and with Delhomme at the helm, should mean 2-5 Turnovers. Their defense has been stingy at times this year, so hopefully Henne continues to mature and takes shots down the field (call the plays again Henning and give him a chance). Here's to an enjoyable Sunday. I'm in Philly so I finally get to see a Phins game on TV (somehow this game got chosen in my area this week). I'm tired of watching them on the DirecTV website.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is too much delusion for one game
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    pu55yFartManufacturer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he's aiming too low....

how about a 1st round bye??

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~2~301205033~2

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's ok man...These guys are fans and love their team...in fact I would praise them for having faith in their team. TRUE FANS which is more than I can say about some around here. Let them have their fun. It doesn't hurt anyone.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burger13 View Post
    I think he's aiming too low....

how about a 1st round bye??

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~2~301205033~2

that would be hilarious.. NYJ get a 5th seed while havign the 2nd best record in the conference.. Ha..
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    It's ok man...These guys are fans and love their team...in fact I would praise them for having faith in their team. TRUE FANS which is more than I can say about some around here. Let them have their fun. It doesn't hurt anyone.
    Oh I'm not trashing them, although I do believe they have been mathmatically eliminated. I just think some people need to back off those that are on this board talking about playoffs. We can all hope and wish. I certainly don't mind talking about it or reading it. For those that don't want to read it, don't. But to say you shouldn't talk about playoffs in our situation b/c it's not realistic isn't fair to those that want to get their hopes up and are still wanting to watch games for this year's sake b/c technically, we still have a shot. As long or outside as it may be, it's a shot and when you look at 2008 and what this team did, it can obviously happen.

Now if we were 4-7 and were officially eliminated and people were talking about playoffs, then I can understand the request to not discuss playoffs considering it's truly impossible. I know I wouldn't want to sift through posts where people are discussing playoffs when it's not feasible, mathmatically.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qmar View Post
    Oh I'm not trashing them, although I do believe they have been mathmatically eliminated. I just think some people need to back off those that are on this board talking about playoffs. We can all hope and wish. I certainly don't mind talking about it or reading it. For those that don't want to read it, don't. But to say you shouldn't talk about playoffs in our situation b/c it's not realistic isn't fair to those that want to get their hopes up and are still wanting to watch games for this year's sake b/c technically, we still have a shot. As long or outside as it may be, it's a shot and when you look at 2008 and what this team did, it can obviously happen.

Now if we were 4-7 and were officially eliminated and people were talking about playoffs, then I can understand the request to not discuss playoffs considering it's truly impossible. I know I wouldn't want to sift through posts where people are discussing playoffs when it's not feasible, mathmatically.
    read my link....they're not even mathematically elimated from a first round bye.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle483 View Post
    Hi everybody! I found this schedule for the Dolphins. You can add all games to your own digital calendar. Its for free and they provide automatic updates as well. No more manual updates, nice. Works for me! Did anybody know this service already?

http://www.flogs.com/c/Miami_Dolphin...?partner=M_Ind
    Looks like a piece of **** if you ask me. Whats up with the picture in the link too!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a pretty optimistic fan, but the Browns have no real shot at the playoffs.
    Quote Quote