Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The evolution of a logo

1. -1
    Sink or Swim, Fin Fan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo LogoSnakes!Dolphins Homer

The evolution of a logo

So Dolphinator530 hit my up via PM to request a logo for his place of employment. He asked me to created a logo for an indoor soccer team called the Breakers. He suggested he wants something along the lines of a shield. I just need to make sure that it had the name Breakers and something that represented waves.

So I drew up four rough designs for him to consider.

So he chose logo number one. So from there drew half of the shield. Then I scanned it into the computer and used photoshop to mirror the part I drew.

From there I used Photoshop to clean everything up, flip the wave to the opposite side, add font and found me a decent looking soccer ball by using Google. I had to use the the team colors, the dark blue and yellow, as well as the flag colors of Virginia Beach, the light blue and white.

So that WAS the final product. Only problem is another team in the region cried foul (pun intended). Evidently there was another team that was already using the name Breakers.

After sometime, the tam decided on a new name, Sol. And they still wanted me to do the logo. So I decided to keep the shield, but drop the checkers and the stripes and obviously the tidal wave.

So I drew a sun and put the soccer ball in the center with the Sol text over the top in the teams yellow. For the shield, it went from being the white boarder to a yellow boarder with a light blue to a white gradient. And the Virginia Beach text stayed the team's blue.

(sorry. This is the only verion I had left of the pre-tweaked logo)

So after sending in the new logo and getting requests for changes this is the final logo. It's a little wider, the word Sol is all one size. And the Virginia Beach text is in all caps and outlined in white.

Over all I am really proud of the both versions. And Dolphinator liked it as well. Please, I would like comments on what others think, so feel free to leave commments.

Here is the link to the site.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Big Dog Status

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New hampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    man you are good i wish i had the skills...but i think i like the first sol one better it looks more fitting i dont know it just looks better to me the SOL doesnt look as good as Sol but im not the team overall great great job man you never disapoint

ODB

PATS SUCK AND THEY CHEAT!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks Rida. I do like the first Sol logo better too.

My original plan was to make a script logo, kinda like the one that the Dolphins use (the one that actually says "doplhins"). I was going to put the text "Virginia Beach" next to the "S" and over the "O" and "L". But they didn't need any other logos, so they opted for the "Sol" text to be all one size. But no biggie, it is their logo. So that's how it works.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Both are fantastic
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Your work is great as always, although I must say I do prefer the Breakers logo moreso than the Sol logo. Excellent job on both, though.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    So Dolphinator530 hit my up via PM to request a logo for his place of employment. He asked me to created a logo for an indoor soccer team called the Breakers. He suggested he wants something along the lines of a shield. I just need to make sure that it had the name Breakers and something that represented waves.

So I drew up four rough designs for him to consider.

So he chose logo number one. So from there drew half of the shield. Then I scanned it into the computer and used photoshop to mirror the part I drew.

From there I used Photoshop to clean everything up, flip the wave to the opposite side, add font and found me a decent looking soccer ball by using Google. I had to use the the team colors, the dark blue and yellow, as well as the flag colors of Virginia Beach, the light blue and white.

So that WAS the final product. Only problem is another team in the region cried foul (pun intended). Evidently there was another team that was already using the name Breakers.

After sometime, the tam decided on a new name, Sol. And they still wanted me to do the logo. So I decided to keep the shield, but drop the checkers and the stripes and obviously the tidal wave.

So I drew a sun and put the soccer ball in the center with the Sol text over the top in the teams yellow. For the shield, it went from being the white boarder to a yellow boarder with a light blue to a white gradient. And the Virginia Beach text stayed the team's blue.

(sorry. This is the only verion I had left of the pre-tweaked logo)

So after sending in the new logo and getting requests for changes this is the final logo. It's a little wider, the word Sol is all one size. And the Virginia Beach text is in all caps and outlined in white.

Over all I am really proud of the both versions. And Dolphinator liked it as well. Please, I would like comments on what others think, so feel free to leave commments.

Here is the link to the site.

Nice work I need to learn how to do that stuff. You wanna do my company logo for me
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    Nice work I need to learn how to do that stuff. You wanna do my company logo for me
    I will give it a shot. So long as I get credit for it, I need to build a portfolio. If you're serious shoot me a PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just a quick follow up. I recently went to check out the soccer team's website and found their stats page. Check out the top of the web page and look how their logo stacks up against their competition. Not to shabby if I do say so myself. LOL.

Click here to check it out.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Beastin'

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Commack, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    thats awesome... i mean from the quick sketches ending up with the final result is an amazing progression... good work man

Koa Konstrictor
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks Arsenal, much appreciated.
    Quote Quote