Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: John Boehner cries again on 60 minutes.

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

John Boehner cries again on 60 minutes.

When it comes to politics, incoming Speaker of the House John Boehner is as tough as they come. But he showed a different side to Lesley Stahl on "60 Minutes" -- and Boehner's not the first politician who has shed a tear in front of the cameras.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...#ixzz17wqmojvO

Ok I have to pull the "stop crying like a little ***** card". Maybe he's crying because he knows the GOP pledge to America is a crock of S. Seriously I don't care who you are Left or Right. "There is no crying in Baseball". Suck it up!!!!

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    When it comes to politics, incoming Speaker of the House John Boehner is as tough as they come. But he showed a different side to Lesley Stahl on "60 Minutes" -- and Boehner's not the first politician who has shed a tear in front of the cameras.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...#ixzz17wqmojvO

Ok I have to pull the "stop crying like a little ***** card". Maybe he's crying because he knows the GOP pledge to America is a crock of S. Seriously I don't care who you are Left or Right. "There is no crying in Baseball". Suck it up!!!!

I saw that segment and he did cry but you are exagerating it a bit. His crying was from his deep convictions and passion of something he cares about. You are really going to criticize him for being that way in regards to how he feels about the pursuit of the American dream. You may not agree with his definition of what the pursuit of it should be but he came across very genuine to me. I never understood these type of criticisms of people. I thought when Dean yelled at his concession speech it was overblown. Why wouldnt you want your represenitives to be emotional and wear them on their sleeves. I could see if it came off as phoney but the guy came across as sincere to me.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I get very emotional when I start talking about anything...

What a ****ing *****...Good for you man...You worked your way through school..Who hasnt?

The guy had a great family who owned their own buissness..He acts like he grew up in poverty or something?

Want a ****ing cookie John?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    I saw that segment and he did cry but you are exagerating it a bit. His crying was from his deep convictions and passion of something he cares about. You are really going to criticize him for being that way in regards to how he feels about the pursuit of the American dream. You may not agree with his definition of what the pursuit of it should be but he came across very genuine to me. I never understood these type of criticisms of people. I thought when Dean yelled at his concession speech it was overblown. Why wouldnt you want your represenitives to be emotional and wear them on their sleeves. I could see if it came off as phoney but the guy came across as sincere to me.
    Imagine if Obama cried every time he had a primetime spot on TV. You guys would be all over him. What isn't sincere is the GOP pledge to America. The guy is a fake and represents more of the same government, debt and wars. I would rather see our leaders offer real plans to cut government, spending, debt and wars. And I wouldn't mind some emotion too it. Not crying. Angry is more in order.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was about to post something on this, and you beat me to it 9954. When I saw Boehner crying like a little ***** on Election Night it literally made my stomach turn. I'm sorry, it seemed so fake, and phoney. Seems to me Boehner just decided to take a page out of Glenn Beck's playbook and run with it. Congrats, on being the new Speaker of the House, and this "second Republican revolution" but there's no reason to tear up like a toddler after punishment.

Just makes me angry seeing that crap. Stop being a ****ing girl, and quit this dog and pony show of "I cry because I love my country so much." Shut the **** up! Nobody buys that BS.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As long as the guy cuts spending, he can cry all he wants
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Imagine if Obama cried every time he had a primetime spot on TV. You guys would be all over him. What isn't sincere is the GOP pledge to America. The guy is a fake and represents more of the same government, debt and wars. I would rather see our leaders offer real plans to cut government, spending, debt and wars. And I wouldn't mind some emotion too it. Not crying. Angry is more in order.

Honestly I might make fun of Obama for crying but it really would depend on the context but I do see your point and conceed that I may be being a little bit of a hypocrite. I am also a full blooded Ginny and my whole family is like that. We are passionate people and the men in my family have been known to cry about certain things so I ithink for me its a cultural thing. Anyhow you called me out and there may be some justification for it. I do not accept your premisis that crying is a sign of weakness in and of itself as the sole criteria and as said it sort of goes with growing up Italian. Its one thing to cry because your pain or been defeated and another thing to do it when its source is from pride or love. I do not like Howard Dean but I thought his whoop in his concession speech was cool and people slammed him for it. I like seeing people express passion when it comes across genuine. Thats just me I guess. I'm a big ole softie deep down and I respect your opinion that it is not always appropiate for leaders to exhibit it. I do not agree with you but I respect your oppinion. We will just have to agree to disagree about it. No biggie for me I hope its no biggie for you either.

About the pledge, I know returning us back to 2008 budgets numbers is a drop in the bucket but it is a begining of heading in the the right direction which is an important step. So I commend that aspect of the pledge. Is it enough? Hell no its not enough. Realalistically can we just the entire burget by 50% in 1 year? of course we can not. What we can do though is legislate a comphrehensive plan that reduces spending in reasonable incriments over a reasonable time table. Make it so that every represenitive is aware that they are going to recieve less and less funding with each budget from one year to the next until we reach whatever our target budget number is. This will mean some hard cuts and tough decissions will have to be made but it can be done in steps so that our leaders can do it in a way that does completly upheaval the entire system in an aburpt way and we have the violant rioting going on like they having in Europe.

Something that baffles me is how bohener can say he is cutting the budget 5% across the board to everyone but it only equates to about $25-$30 million when our we our yearly budget is in the trillions? That sounds like he is playing a game in language symantics and it is not a 5% cut across the board as he claims. Is he only adressing discrenary spending or what is it that I am missing. Can anyone explain that to me or post a link that explains in simple language, please?

Personally I would love to see them cut 10% off all spending with the exception of paying our debt interest (which you can not avoid paying) and Social security. I think every other budget should be told they will have 5%-10% less money alotted this year and force them to balance their budget with that money. No exceptions. They should also be put on notice that this policy will remain in effect every year until we reach what ever target operating expenses we are trying to get our budget down too. If we do no not approach this problem in a gradual methodical plan then it will just be counter-productive to the end game of what we are trying to achieve, a leaner, more efficent government that operates within a budget that manages to reduce the principle amount of money loaned to us and works toward lowering everyones taxes without sacraficing important governmental products. IMO that is a reasonable plan and hopefully a common goal that the majoreity of people would support.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I get very emotional when I come to Finheaven.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    agreed 9954........i am not an overly emotional person (unless it pertains to my wife or daughter). so i have a hard time watching someone cry like a ***** on national television. he is the speaker of the house, he is in a powerful position. he needs to be strong. it doesnt send a good message that the 3rd in line for president is crying everytime he speaks about something (he has cried on the house floor many times). if obama cried, people would be all over him. boehner shouldnt get a pass either.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    John Boehner cries again (and again, and again)

Newly-elected House Speaker John Boehner today let the tears flow often and early.
    On his way to the speaker’s podium in a packed House chamber, Boehner wiped away tears as he shook hands with colleagues standing to applaud his walk down the aisle.

As outgoing Democratic Speaker Nancy Pelosi read her introduction, Boehner visibly fought to keep his emotions in check, ultimately to no avail.

And as he stepped up to the microphone, Boehner pulled out a handkerchief to wipe his wet eyes before launching into a convocation address to preview the months ahead.

As my colleague Russell Goldman recently noted, Boehner is someone who cries frequently –- a trait his supporters have championed as a sign he’s real.

Watch the video.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/201...nd-again-.html

We go from one fake in Pelosi to another fake in Boehner. Somethings never change.
    Quote Quote