Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boston GLobe: should Patriots throw Miami game

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Boston GLobe: should Patriots throw Miami game

Interesting read, I think some one else made a hypothetical thread on this a few weeks back.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columni...for_a_los.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont even think that would be the mindset of belichick. even if he benched his guys, as long as the jets win that week, we cant finish ahead of them , so him giving miami a game would not prevent the jets from making the playoffs unless they screw themselves.

that being said, if u guys have everything locked up by week 17, it would make no sense to play your guys. after seeing what happened with welker last year in the finale, i think bill b learned his lesson. i also remember the only reason he played his guys last year was because the offense had not been playing so well and he wanted them to get more in sync with each other going into the playoffs. however, this season that does not seem like a problem.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK first off please NO BELICHICK doesn't rest his starters post because that is false and 2005 in Foxboro vs us proves that (I was at the game we saw Brady for 2 series then Cassel for the rest of the game and many of their defensive stars didn't dress). Belichick will do whatever is best for the Patriots, if they continue to roll he will rest his starters but if they start to struggle we could see more of them. He will not risk injury, see Welker at the end of 2009.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Personally would love it... but would it happen... not in a million years... if the patriots clinch home field for all of their playoff games they may sit some key personel but Brady will play and he will play to win... Bellycheck will coach and he will coach to win... Still I do hate the jets and would just be grinning ear to ear to watch us/pats/ANYONE knock them down... (and then kick dirt in their faces)... God Sunday' result was Great even if the game wasnt...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some would love this...will probably argue that their boy morono is a good coach by winning against hoyer and a bunch of bums...LOL
    Last edited by Gonzo; 12-14-2010 at 09:01 AM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They won't necessarily throw the game, but they will sit some key players to avoid any injuries.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by biggrouper View Post
    Personally would love it... but would it happen... not in a million years... if the patriots clinch home field for all of their playoff games they may sit some key personel but Brady will play and he will play to win... Bellycheck will coach and he will coach to win... Still I do hate the jets and would just be grinning ear to ear to watch us/pats/ANYONE knock them down... (and then kick dirt in their faces)... God Sunday' result was Great even if the game wasnt...
    Do I need to post the box score from the 2005 game to prove Belichick will rest Brady in this game. It has happened and will happen as long the Pats are still sharp on offense.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    The blind homers would love this...will probably argue that their boy morono is a good coach by winning against hoyer and a bunch of bums...LOL
    No kidding. They will be almost as tough to take as the clueless Jets fan who wont admit that the Colts wouldve destroyed them had the starters played in that 2nd half.

Whats sad is that it probably wouldnt get us into the playoffs either. It would be a very empty "strong" finish to the season.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly I'm going to this game and I'd rather not see a preseason game. I'm just pointing out that Belichick will rest hos starters. Won or lose I won;t think any higher of the Dolphins. In fact with our offense it wouldn't shock me to see NE's skeleton crew give us a very tough game.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    No kidding. They will be almost as tough to take as the clueless Jets fan who wont admit that the Colts wouldve destroyed them had the starters played in that 2nd half.

Whats sad is that it probably wouldnt get us into the playoffs either. It would be a very empty "strong" finish to the season.
    They will then say we have the momentum in 2011!

Forget the 8 month layoff, draft, cuts, preseason ,training camp, etc...

I saw one member talking about the between season momentum a few days ago..Good lord...
    Quote Quote