Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Russia Puts Off Final OK of START Treaty to January

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Galloway, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks

Russia Puts Off Final OK of START Treaty to January

Russian lawmakers gave preliminary approval Friday to an arms agreement with the United States, but signaled they would slow progress on the so-called New START treaty to a crawl after it was rushed through Congress earlier this week with some 11th-hour arm-twisting by President Obama.
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...#ixzz192Gypg6V

So Obama pushes this pos garbage bill through, because "It has to get done". He gives Russia everything they want, weakens the US (like he wants) and then Russia says "it can wait". I don't need a leaked cable to know that Obama looks like the biggest ***** on the world globe and Putin is making him look like a fool every day.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ive said it before, this administration is the "junior varsity" when it comes to world leadership. the rest of the world laughs at this man. he has been out manuvered on far more than just this treaty.

this isnt the first time obama has pushed something through by telling the american people that it "has to get done now". healthcare, bailouts and now this. just more from the affirmative action president.

also, i still dont understand how all of a sudden there is a new found trust in russia, as if they have turned a new leaf. this treaty is still just that, it has to work both ways. no clear thinking person actually believes russia will honor this.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i could be wrong, but russia is now the leading exporter of oil.

who won the cold war again?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone34 View Post
    i could be wrong, but russia is now the leading exporter of oil.

who won the cold war again?

Obama is fixing that by trying to implement his cap and trade program. Have u not heard him speak about the urgency of the issue and how it needs to be passed now not later.

Those stupid Republicans think that drilling more oil wells and building more nuclear power plants would make us competitive in the energy race. Clearly the answer is to ration everyones power usage and to pay 3rd world nations who produce nothing for their lack of energy usage.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    Obama is fixing that by trying to implement his cap and trade program. Have u not heard him speak about the urgency of the issue and how it needs to be passed now not later.

Those stupid Republicans think that drilling more oil wells and building more nuclear power plants would make us competitive in the energy race. Clearly the answer is to ration everyones power usage and to pay 3rd world nations who produce nothing for their lack of energy usage.
    I was under the impression that the cap and trade system would only affect American firms within certain industries, rationing domestic usage. Does he actually want to place a cap on the entire nation and pay other nations for their "permits?"
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    I was under the impression that the cap and trade system would only affect American firms within certain industries, rationing domestic usage. Does he actually want to place a cap on the entire nation and pay other nations for their "permits?"
    They (the federal buget comission) estimate that it will increase the average households energy consumption by aprox $2grand a year and yes they pay other nations for what they are calling carbon credits. Every nation is going to get so many credits and larger energy consumers will be required to pay the lesser nations for their unused carbon credits.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    They (the federal buget comission) estimate that it will increase the average households energy consumption by aprox $2grand a year and yes they pay other nations for what they are calling carbon credits. Every nation is going to get so many credits and larger energy consumers will be required to pay the lesser nations for their unused carbon credits.
    China will not agree to that... ever.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    China will not agree to that... ever.
    China has already said they are not agreeing to it, but thats not stopping Obama from pushing America to live up to its environmental responsibility to the rest of the world. We owe these 3rd world nations $100's of billions or for all the environmental damage we have done and dog gone it, we are going to compensate all of them for it. We do not need China to do the right thing for us to fulfill our global responsibility, so what if they kick our ***** in manufacturing goods, our booming can take the hit and we can hold our heads high in places like Venezuela and Ecuador.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The country of Russia is basically a "mafia state", with alot of it being controlled by the Russian Mafia. I know that came out with those wire leaks, but having been there, I can personally attest to that fact.

I'll never go back. That's for sure.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    The country of Russia is basically a "mafia state", with alot of it being controlled by the Russian Mafia. I know that came out with those wire leaks, but having been there, I can personally attest to that fact.

I'll never go back. That's for sure.

How were the russian women?
    Quote Quote