Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A letter to Mr Ross

1. -1
    LES f**g MILES

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisiana
    Thanks / No Thanks

A letter to Mr Ross

Mr Ross,

Merry Christmas!/Happy Hanukah!/insert holiday celebration here! I hope you and yours are having a very festive holiday celebration. I have been in the holiday mood for over a month, and now that all the presents are wrapped and the stockings are hung, I can finally take a break to reflect on the holidays.

After pouring myself a Makers Mark over rocks and relaxing in my recliner watching the Hawaii/Tulsa scorefest, I am able to reflect on what I actually want for Christmas. I never made a list, although I could fill it up with many, many things. However, I have decided to focus all my attention on my lifelong team/your investment;

My wish for Christmas is for the team that I have been a fan of for 37 years to finally step up and make a return to the glory years of the '70s. Yes, I understand we won the division a few years back, and made the playoffs, but thats not the team I am wanting to take form. I need more from you than that.

First, I am asking you to take some advice from your fan base, many of us who are here on FinHeaven. Athough many of us have some crazy ideas regarding the future of this team, in the end we are all die-hard fans, and we do have the best interest of this team at heart. Trust me, for us to frequent this place day after day after what you have put on the field these last few years, we are the true fans.

First, we would like a real coach. Not a guy who has had several chances already, knows the systems of a half dozen teams and staffs and seems like a good guy. No, we need a guy who is hungry. We need a guy who wants this team to be a direct reflection of himself. We need a Jim Harbaugh. We will accept Bill Cowher. We would tolerate Jon Gruden if he signed a long-term deal. We want a serious coach and staff in here. If you are going to spend the money, buy the best.

Secondly, we would like to improve our draft pick quality. We understand the draft is often a crapshoot. However, given the history of this franchise selections in the past, we really never know where our picks are going come April. I painfully remember passing on Drew Brees to select Jamar Fletcher. I remember passing on Patrick Willis to select Ted Ginn, Jr. I remember not moving back into the first round when a top 5 ranked player (Aaron Rogers) had slid to the bottom of the first round. I remember the Jason Allen selection. I remember the John Avery selection, which I have yet to figure out. It has been a nightmare for the true fans. Lets move up for a franchise Qb. Lets do something that makes sense to the serious football fan.

Third, we want to be more agressive in the Free Agent market. Go after the impact players. Make NE pay to keep Mankins on their team. Make a play for an Owen Daniels/DeAngelo Williams/Sidney Rice/Santonio Holmes/Matt Light/etc etc. Lets get some proven talent in here.

We want to be able to show up to the ballgame and not wonder what crazy kind of crap is going to happen today with our team ( Wildcat/Pistol/Kumba Option Play/etc etc..). We want the other team to know we are about to run the ball, but be unable to stop it. We want the other team to know we are about to throw the ball, and hope they can just hold us to a first down and not the TD. We want to be able to be a factor in every game. We want to be able to realistically be a contender for a title, every season. In the end, we are the lifeblood of this franchise. Give us something to show enthusiasm for.

In return, we will show up to the ballgame with a very supportive attitude. We will buy the season tickets and pay the PSL fees. We will pay $9 for a pretzel and $7 for a cup of beer. We will buy the jerseys, the t-shirts and the foam fingers. We will wear our Dolphins attire. We will spend the money to support our team. We will spread the word about how our owner is an owner who is proud of his team, his fans, and will do whatever it takes to always keep us in the running. Do with us as you please.

This is what we are asking from you as an Owner. Help us help you, Mr Ross. Its a win-win situation, sir.

Thanks, and enjoy your holidays.

Sincerely,

jonanthans
    Fan since 1973
    JARVIS LANDRY = HINES WARD 2.0
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Resiliency is the key.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And people like myself will continue flying down once a year and spend $1060 in flights and tickets to support the team. My wife and I went to the Steelers game this year and how disappointing it was to see field goals instead of touchdowns!

Very well written letter.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonanthans View Post
    Mr Ross,

Merry Christmas!/Happy Hanukah!/insert holiday celebration here! I hope you and yours are having a very festive holiday celebration. I have been in the holiday mood for over a month, and now that all the presents are wrapped and the stockings are hung, I can finally take a break to reflect on the holidays.

After pouring myself a Makers Mark over rocks and relaxing in my recliner watching the Hawaii/Tulsa scorefest, I am able to reflect on what I actually want for Christmas. I never made a list, although I could fill it up with many, many things. However, I have decided to focus all my attention on my lifelong team/your investment;

My wish for Christmas is for the team that I have been a fan of for 37 years to finally step up and make a return to the glory years of the '70s. Yes, I understand we won the division a few years back, and made the playoffs, but thats not the team I am wanting to take form. I need more from you than that.

First, I am asking you to take some advice from your fan base, many of us who are here on FinHeaven. Athough many of us have some crazy ideas regarding the future of this team, in the end we are all die-hard fans, and we do have the best interest of this team at heart. Trust me, for us to frequent this place day after day after what you have put on the field these last few years, we are the true fans.

First, we would like a real coach. Not a guy who has had several chances already, knows the systems of a half dozen teams and staffs and seems like a good guy. No, we need a guy who is hungry. We need a guy who wants this team to be a direct reflection of himself. We need a Jim Harbaugh. We will accept Bill Cowher. We would tolerate Jon Gruden if he signed a long-term deal. We want a serious coach and staff in here. If you are going to spend the money, buy the best.

Secondly, we would like to improve our draft pick quality. We understand the draft is often a crapshoot. However, given the history of this franchise selections in the past, we really never know where our picks are going come April. I painfully remember passing on Drew Brees to select Jamar Fletcher. I remember passing on Patrick Willis to select Ted Ginn, Jr. I remember not moving back into the first round when a top 5 ranked player (Aaron Rogers) had slid to the bottom of the first round. I remember the Jason Allen selection. I remember the John Avery selection, which I have yet to figure out. It has been a nightmare for the true fans. Lets move up for a franchise Qb. Lets do something that makes sense to the serious football fan.

Third, we want to be more agressive in the Free Agent market. Go after the impact players. Make NE pay to keep Mankins on their team. Make a play for an Owen Daniels/DeAngelo Williams/Sidney Rice/Santonio Holmes/Matt Light/etc etc. Lets get some proven talent in here.

We want to be able to show up to the ballgame and not wonder what crazy kind of crap is going to happen today with our team ( Wildcat/Pistol/Kumba Option Play/etc etc..). We want the other team to know we are about to run the ball, but be unable to stop it. We want the other team to know we are about to throw the ball, and hope they can just hold us to a first down and not the TD. We want to be able to be a factor in every game. We want to be able to realistically be a contender for a title, every season. In the end, we are the lifeblood of this franchise. Give us something to show enthusiasm for.

In return, we will show up to the ballgame with a very supportive attitude. We will buy the season tickets and pay the PSL fees. We will pay $9 for a pretzel and $7 for a cup of beer. We will buy the jerseys, the t-shirts and the foam fingers. We will wear our Dolphins attire. We will spend the money to support our team. We will spread the word about how our owner is an owner who is proud of his team, his fans, and will do whatever it takes to always keep us in the running. Do with us as you please.

This is what we are asking from you as an Owner. Help us help you, Mr Ross. Its a win-win situation, sir.

Sincerely,

jonanthans
    Fan since 1973
    Well written, beautifully worded, classy and heartfelt. I feel the same way. Great job Sir!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BILLINGS, MONTANA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bravo!!! Bravo!!! But, Jonathan a letter to Mr. Ross is not enough if I lived there or near there I personally would go have a one - on - one with whole organization seriously all us DIEHARDS should. They need to start listening to us DIEHARD FANS who's been rooting for 28 or more years strong. We all want the glory back like it was before.

But, truthfully it won't happen until our stadium and fans become less than 25,000 at home games and 15,000 are for our opponent. Which is drastically happening already.

I feel for you bro, and for all of our bethren brother and sisters who are loyal fans of the greatest sports team ever created OUR MIAMI DOLPHINS. I will be going on 29 years come January 30th, 2011at 12 I saw us win AFC Championship game (I lived in California back then) and I went to Super Bowl XVII in Pasadena Rose Bowl we lost to the Redskins 27-17. Since that time till now I have been a fan and will always be.

Thanks Jonathan thanks for being a great fan.

Merry Christmas everyone and here's to a better and brighter 2011! GO DOLPHINS!!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like it
    Mr Ross.. you failed us!!!

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ATX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All of these threads addressed to Ross, do you guys honestly think Ross lingers here or is it in fun?

Are you going to send that letter to Ross?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    LES f**g MILES

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungLee View Post
    All of these threads addressed to Ross, do you guys honestly think Ross lingers here or is it in fun?

Are you going to send that letter to Ross?
    You have inspired me, YoungLee (plus I found an extra stamp and envelope, so what the heck..)

I have just printed my letter out, signed it, enclosed it in the stamped envelope and placed it in my mailbox for pickup. Please feel free to do the same.

Address yours to:

Mr. Stephen Ross
    Sun Life Stadium
    347 Don Shula Drive
    Miami Gardens, Fla., 33056.
    attn: S Ross (yeah, you!)
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ATX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You have inspired me, YoungLee (plus I found an extra stamp and envelope, so what the heck..)

I have just printed my letter out, signed it, enclosed it in the stamped envelope and placed it in my mailbox for pickup. Please feel free to do the same.

Address yours to:

Mr. Stephen Ross
    Sun Life Stadium
    347 Don Shula Drive
    Miami Gardens, Fla., 33056.
    attn: S Ross (yeah, you!)
    Suhweet. Maybe you should put the return address as a pop star so he actually considers it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    LES f**g MILES

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungLee View Post
    Suhweet. Maybe you should put the return address as a pop star so he actually considers it.
    lmfao! I never considered that! Wish I wouldnt have already addressed it! I could have put it as

M Anthony
    aka Mr Jennifer Lopez

might could have gotten it opened by Mr Ross himself..
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mr Ross,

Sincerely,

jonanthans
    Fan since 1973
    I suggest you mail that to Ross!!
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote