Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How I became a dolfan

1. -1
    Certified HogPhin Trainer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

How I became a dolfan

Though I know that none of you care I became a dolfan on Thanksgiving when I was little, I was undecided on what team I should go for, the Cowboys or the Phins. My entire family has always been boys fans, but my cousin was a Phins fan, but i decided to go with the Cowboys:cry: :cry: . Well when Leon Lett"it go" gave us the game I decided to be a Dolfan , and I have been since!!!!!!!!!

Let me know your stories about becoming a Dolfan (or Bills, Steelers, or whoever your team is, I will not be discriminitory<like Nolan Richardson :yell: >), I would like to here them, and I am sure others would to.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arkansas is dumb for letting Richardson go, he was one of the great college coaches and never got respect.

My story isn't quite as long as yours, I knew someone who knew someone who knew Dan when I was 7 and thats how I became a fan. I actually once got to meet Dan and he was so nice that he gave me a helmet he wore in a game and he signed it. He is a really nice guy.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Maria &amp; LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really do not remember and it happened before paper was invented, but I guess when I was 9 years old in 1971 and becoming a big sports fan I started liking the better teams in sports and chose the Long Island/NY Nets, the Oakland A's and the Miami Dolphins. That's as much as I remember, though I would love to over dramatize and say that it was watching the double-overtime win ag. KC in the '71 playoffs
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let me know your stories about becoming a Dolfan (or Bills, Steelers, or whoever your team is, I will not be discriminitory<like Nolan Richardson > ), I would like to here them, and I am sure others would to.
    i became a dolfan back in 1966. i live in southern california and followed the chargers, actually john hadl! when the chargers traded him to the rams and the rams sent him to green bay, i was looking for a new team, because southern california teams sucked, i got hooked on the fins. you can imagine how excited i got 6 years later! UNDEAFEATED my friend! and nobody, i mean nobody can boast that record!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Naples, Fla.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I became a dolfan in 1967, I think it was.
    I won a contest from the Velda Farms Huddle Club.
    I got to sit on the bench, got my picture taken with Jerry something or other(backup lb from So. Miss).
    I also got to go up to the radio booth and be on the air with Henry Barrow.
    Can you imagine the thrill for an 11 year old kid?
    Needless to say, that made me a fan for life.
    "When you have everything, you have everything to lose."
    (Ben Harper:"Diamonds on the Inside" 2003)
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Chick Magnet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Key West, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Well, it's like this......

I was born on July 2nd, the start of "full training camp" in 1972. My folks are from Miami, as is my Grandmother. So, of course, I'm a DIEHARD Hurricane as well as a Freakazoid Dolphins fan. I was brought up in Orange and Teal (aqua, 06:cool: ) jammies, and my first football uniform at 6 was of course, a Dolphins uniform. It was kinda cool, apparently my Grandma told may dad a ways back that one of her favorite pics was of her and me when I was 5, us holding a" Dolphins '72, 17-0" crochet that she made. It was the first picture that caught my eye on the wall at her memorial service. My grandma said I was Dolphin bound cause of when I was born, so I'm goin with it, cause I've never met cooler people, had a better time, and enjoyed life as much as when I was with Phins fans!:cool:
    When I was a kid, my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school
    we'd all go play in his cave, and every once in awhile he would eat one
    of us. It wasn't until later that I found out that Uncle Caveman was a
    bear.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

there are all kinds of stories

of how someone became a finfan. i think my son became one or he would have to find another place to live. now we go to games together, we even went to superbowl 17, which they lost. good grief, if they had had marino instead of that worthless woodley, they would have won!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Was a 49ers/Dolphins fan, then watched more Dolphins games with my dad until he moved to Georgia. Ditched the 49ers. Became a HARDCORE fan in 1999 but been a fan all my life.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I became a dolfan in Dan Marino's first Superbowl in '85. Right in front of my dad's 49er eyes, and Pops was "Pissed", when i sayed "YEAH" as the Dolphins scored, i thought he would slap the Yeah! out of my mouth. So to make a long story short the ride home was very quiet considering his team won because he knew i was a DOLFAN 4-LIFE!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When I was like 8, I used to like some other teams a little bit but not as much as I liked the Dolphins. When I turned 11, I just started to only like one football team. Now basketball is the only sport where there are more than one team that I like a small bit. I am a hardcore Dolphins and Mariners fan.
    Quote Quote