Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep Sparano and fire Henning.

1. -1
    Island Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks

Keep Sparano and fire Henning.

Sparano needs to work on his clock management and stop moving the O-line around so much. Sparano should get one more year but Henning is horrible. I say fire Henning now.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Restore the greatness!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't you hear? Sparano gave Henning a ringing endorsement and wants him back next year. That alone should be grounds for termination.

Ricky Williams: the greatest back in Miami Dolphins history

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hes saying that because henning is going to retire after this year.... hes freakin older then any coach in the NFL... sparano deserves one more year... he did inherit a mess and made something quickly (going from 1-15 under camoron to making this team an 11-5 team in 2008 despite Brady's injury/ Matt Cassel played that year and ended up being solid-- look at KC this year)... stability at coach is needed or else were just doin the same crap we have been doin for the past decade... Henning will be gone...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fire them both just to make sure you get the right one.

You said it yourself, Sparano needs to work on clock management and he needs to stop moving the offensive line around so much. Clock management isn't something you learn overnight but for as long as he has been a coach, he should have a pretty good idea of how it's done.

As far as the offensive line is concerned, wasn't he an offensive line coach before getting this gig? How is it that our offensive line is such a wreck? Why can't we depend on our offensive line? In the development of Chad Henne, we should be capable of pointing to our offensive line as a reason for Henne's struggles under the supervision of an offensive line coach by trade.

What is the problem here?

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    OLD SCHOOL

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The problem with that is Sparano has the same philosophy as Henning, and that kind of approach no longer works in todays NFL.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finfansince75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by endorPHINS72 View Post
    Didn't you hear? Sparano gave Henning a ringing endorsement and wants him back next year. That alone should be grounds for termination.
    No he doesn┤t, but Sparano is a classy dude, he isn't going to throw Henning under the bus

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys almost have to keep Sporano at this point. You're not as an attractive of a destination as the Dallas/49er/NYG job. You most definitely will not fire your GM, so that rules out all the top dawgs that want "to buy their own groceries". Your team doesn't sell out games when they lose (unlike Buffalo, Cleveland etc) so they're in the red this year and next year doesn't look much better... on top of that, there's a lockout looming and if I'm Ross and I lost millions this year, why would I shell out additional money for a new HC (while still paying Sporano who has a guaranteed contract) if I'm not even sure I'll be able to generate revenue?

I know Ross is a billionaire... and he got that way by making smart business decisions. Paying 2 HCs to be on a team that looses money in a year when there's a possibility of no football isn't a smart decision. I'm almost positive Sporano stays.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes lets keep the same super conservative boring offense...that plays not to lose and only goes for fist pump field goals...

That strategy that has failed for years will somehow work next year....

You Tony defenders...yikes...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondhandJet View Post
    You guys almost have to keep Sporano at this point. You're not as an attractive of a destination as the Dallas/49er/NYG job. You most definitely will not fire your GM, so that rules out all the top dawgs that want "to buy their own groceries". Your team doesn't sell out games when they lose (unlike Buffalo, Cleveland etc) so they're in the red this year and next year doesn't look much better... on top of that, there's a lockout looming and if I'm Ross and I lost millions this year, why would I shell out additional money for a new HC (while still paying Sporano who has a guaranteed contract) if I'm not even sure I'll be able to generate revenue?

I know Ross is a billionaire... and he got that way by making smart business decisions. Paying 2 HCs to be on a team that looses money in a year when there's a possibility of no football isn't a smart decision. I'm almost positive Sporano stays.
    the Dolphins just sold out their 101st straight game
    also, it's Sparano. no one is going to listen if you can't even get the head coach's name right
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sounds like the equivalent of:

Quote Quote