Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Owner Stephen Ross is in Jerry Jones Mode, Ross & Harbaugh meeting goes great

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do we really want to go the "hottest college coach" route again? Wasn't O-Saban-bin-Lyin' enough? I would rather keep Jeff & Tony, & get a new OC. We need to find the next Sean Payton or Mike Tomlin. They weren't exactly household names you know.
    "Watching Dan Marino throw the football is like watching Michaelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel... You talk about championship courage, you talk about a will to win... a flame burns within that man Dan Marino."

- Mad Dog (Jim Mandich)

http://www.deltastar.net/dolphins/danshula.jpg
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    You do realize that some of the posters on this sight have close personal relationships with people working in the Dolphins orginization. I'm not saying I'm one of them but I definitely know a few of them do. Sure what we get from them is heresay that trickles through the organization but some of the times, heck alot of the time the info is spot on.
    i highly doubt someone within the organization is going to keep giving info to someone who always spills the beans on some fan forum. why would they risk their job for that?
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You do realize that some of the posters on this sight have close personal relationships with people working in the Dolphins orginization. I'm not saying I'm one of them but I definitely know a few of them do. Sure what we get from them is heresay that trickles through the organization but some of the times, heck alot of the time the info is spot on. I for one living 1800 miles away am thankful for any spec of info we can get on the situation at this time. Especially something that doesn't come from the major new source BSPN.
    That's your choice. I don't trust anything that doesn't come from "reliable" sources. Just because they work for the Dolphins doesn't make them reliable.

It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    i highly doubt someone within the organization is going to keep giving info to someone who always spills the beans on some fan forum. why would they risk their job for that?
    Just imagine how many people work in the organization, gotta be atleast a couple hundred maybe more. There is no way you can pin down who is letting out information, especially speculative information where most people are just guessing from small bits of info they have heard through the grape vine. Case in point look how many different stories are out there right now regarding Sparano/Cower/Harbaugh. Each one may/probably has it's own source, yet we don't hear how the Fins have fired 20 people because they leaking inside info. In today's age of technology/email/texting/twitter its just to hard to keep secrets.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trust the OP... or not.. we still have to wait and see what happens.. So whats the big deal?? If you dont believe him.. then dont..
    Mr Ross.. you failed us!!!

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Tony Jabroni

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver.BC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    is your source someone on Twitter? I find it amusing certain posters who have insisted Sparano is staying then thank the OP for this info. LOL
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hope this is true! This is Ross' first major decision as a Dolphins owner. If he wants his place in franchise history, he needs to put his mouth where his money is and make the right call here. The pressure must be intense but I'm sure he's faced tough decisions before and you don't become a billionaire by making bad ones.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    Just imagine how many people work in the organization, gotta be atleast a couple hundred maybe more. There is no way you can pin down who is letting out information, especially speculative information where most people are just guessing from small bits of info they have hear. Case in point look how many different stories are out there right now. Each one may/probably has it's own source, yet we don't hear how the Fins have fired 20 people because they leaking inside info.
    you really think theres a couple hundred people that are in on what ross is thinking?

these "sources" have supplied about 30 different scenarios in the past week, eventually somebody has to get it right.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    i heard a very interesting comment today that parcells left because he and ireland were at each others throat. In fact, ireland stopped coming to work. If true, it makes sense why they would keep ireland. He is respected around the league as a personnel man.
    by who??????
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    That's your choice. I don't trust anything that doesn't come from "reliable" sources. Just because they work for the Dolphins doesn't make them reliable.
    It's not about trust. It's about taking all of the information that is out there and formulating an opinion on it. My take through all of the rumors out there is Ross is definitely trying to upgrade the HC position. He isn't however going to fire Sparano without having his replacement lined up. If he finds the replacement he wants that will work with Ireland and Nolan (who I think he wants to keep) than Sparano is gone. However, if he cant find the replacement he will keep Sparano and allow him to find a new OC and try to solve the QB problem this season. I don't like the second option but it's better than firing Sparano and not getting the man you want thus having to hire a new head coach that the owner of the team doesn't really want.
    Quote Quote