Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marshall: "Thigpen gets it more than Henne"

1. -1
    Five Time Champion

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elizabeth City
    Thanks / No Thanks

Marshall: "Thigpen gets it more than Henne"

A rotoworld report states that marshall and thigy changed plays in the huddle to take more shots at marshall in single coverage, while marshall is taking more shots at henne. its fair to say henne is done for sure!
    We'll Never Know!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    this isnt varsity blues. marshall changing plays without the coachs permission wont last long.

henne is under contract and thigpen is not. to say henne is out of here is a little premature.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We might never know what Thigpen was, he wasn't given many chances here even with Henne stinking up the joint. Further if henne's progress was curtailed by the offensive coaches imagine the potential for thigpen's growth had he had the right coaches.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Henne is done in Miami.
    Week 13 (CLE): 16/32 174yds 1td 3int -- 37.8 rating
    Week 14 (@NYJ): 5/18 55yds 1td -- 58.3 rating

Yeah, this guy has all the tools!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marshall just liked Thigpen more because Thigpen had the sack to do what Marshall wanted him to do and go against what the coaches were saying. I'm not saying Henne is or was the answer but if what some of the stuff Marshall, Ricky, JT etc. have said is true then I really don't know how any QB could succeed with this current coaching staff. You can't make your QB afraid to throw bad passes and tell them to avoid an int at all costs. You know what that does... it makes them throw more bad passes and interceptions because now they're playing scared and making nothing but "safe"/short throws but the opposing defense sees this and takes that away so all of a sudden you have nowhere to go with the ball because your QB is taught to not take chances. Henne was being a good little soldier and trying to follow what the coaches wanted to a T, it's what he had to do to keep his job, but it was probably the worst thing for the team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can see us using Henne as trade bait. Lets face it guys, he screwed the pooch for us this year, but he is not as bad as a lot of people say he is. Given the right system I believe he can be a solid QB. And I gurantee you that there are other teams out there that think the same. He just wont work out here because he won't be selling any tickets. Henne won't be in Miami in 2011, but he does have some trade value.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by papahotel View Post
    A rotoworld report states that marshall and thigy changed plays in the huddle to take more shots at marshall in single coverage, while marshall is taking more shots at henne. its fair to say henne is done for sure!
    What a load of crap - BM likes Thigpen because he listens to him - this coming from a guy who leaves multiple plays out on the field each game - what a diva... Someone should put Henne and BM in a tiny room until they kiss and make up...

It was Henne who said it ws a "Good ride" or to some effect I think he knows changes are coming either for him or the team but you people who think any QB can play under these kind of circumstances are fooling yourselves yuou don't know jack about people.

Teams hire sports pschologists when situations like these arise... Confidence is a big part of the game...
    Dmitri Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    this thing between marshall and thigpen, is like a couple of kids acting up on the last day of school. they dont care about the repercussions because they know they will have a different teacher next year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All Marshall wants is the ball and he would make a case for any QB that throws him the ball no matter what the end result. Not the most analytical way to judge a QB.

A world of dew,
    and within every dewdrop
    a world of struggle.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I remember reading some article a couple weeks ago, Henne saying "You do what your coaches tell you." I'm not sure why this guy is believing all this "Play Scared" **** that the coaches are throwin at him. Henne should know by now that playin checkdown ball isnt going to keep him as a starter for long. IMO I think Henne has a ton of potential. A good arm, decent accuracy when he can get locked on, and knew (before he regressed) when to throw it away. His instincts as the play-hungry QB have been neutered by this coaching regime, and I pray that our next OC and hopefully new QB coach is going to redeem him and bring out the best in him. Not to mention have him learn from a vet who can sling the ball, unlike Pennington. I have all the respect for Penny's football smarts and what hes taught Chad, but its also come at a price. Henne needs to play his game.

Thigpen I doubt is starter material. A playmaker Vet, Henne, and Thiggy/drafted QB is my QB roster if im Fins.
    Quote Quote