Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross spotted with Jim Harbaugh's Agent back in Mid-November

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross spotted with Jim Harbaugh's Agent back in Mid-November

Forget the fact Sparano hasn’t been fired (yet).

Forget the fact Ross hasn’t said a word publicly about Sparano’s job performance since telling my former Sun Sentinel colleague Sarah Talalay he “love[s] all those guys” when she asked him about potential staff changes in mid-November. Ross was in New York City to give a major address to a Sports Business Journal-sponsored conference of some sort.

When Sarah (who is going to work for the State Department; good luck, Sarah!) pressed him on the issue, Ross said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

By the way, do you know who Ross walked out of that conference practically arm-in-arm with?

Veteran sports agent Jack Bechta, who oh-by-the-way just happens to represent Harbaugh.
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...walk-away.html
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ayatollah of rock and rolla

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People seem to have a lot more sympathy for Sparano than they did for Sean Smith when he lost his job to Jason Allen or for Chad Henne when he was benched for Chad Myarmfelloffington or for John Jerry coming in and out of the lineup or Brian Hartline losing his starting job for a game and so on.

If I'm any one of those guys there's a sweet note of redemption in this. An appropriateness.

If Tony Sparano's out there wondering how he's going to regain his authority over the team if he comes back as the head coach he should ask himself how he expected Chad Henne to regain his authority over the huddle after he came back.

This is big boy school. If you can't come back from this then you never belonged there in the first place.
    A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    People seem to have a lot more sympathy for Sparano than they did for Sean Smith when he lost his job to Jason Allen or for Chad Henne when he was benched for Chad Myarmfelloffington or for John Jerry coming in and out of the lineup or Brian Hartline losing his starting job for a game and so on.

If I'm any one of those guys there's a sweet note of redemption in this. An appropriateness.

If Tony Sparano's out there wondering how he's going to regain his authority over the team if he comes back as the head coach he should ask himself how he expected Chad Henne to regain his authority over the huddle after he came back.

This is big boy school. If you can't come back from this then you never belonged there in the first place.
    That's not the point, if you've decided that your HC isn't good enough then fire him and go look for someone else. The way Ross is handling this will screw the team if TS comes back. FA's aren't going to want to sign here when they know the HC is a lame duck because a future regime will want their own guys and they maybe looking for work again. The team that is still here will then think that Ross doesn't care about this up coming season because he hasn't provided a better option when he clearly has let everyone know TS isn't good enough. Our own FA might want to jump ship before it sinks aswell.

This mishandling is going to effect this team a lot more then people here think which has nothing to do with feeling sorry for TS. It's unprofessional, classless and disrespectful what their doing to TS but I still don't feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for this team if he doesn't come through with JH!
    Quote Quote