Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Possible Offensive Coordinators

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JJW1339 View Post
    Realistically what OC wants to come to this team now, because the HC is only going to be here 1 year, so who would take a job knowing that its for 1 year. Once the HC leaves the new HC usually cleans house and picks his own guys....So I think we will not get a good OC for next year....Oh no we suck again.........
    I agree. We will hire David Lee (more wildcat) or Karl Dorrell as OC...not sure who we'll get to fill their spots. It's a bad situation we have now thanks to the very public coaching search we had that came up completely empty. Everyone now knows it's win big or gone for Sparano and the fact that we still have Chad Henne just makes it even less likely this team turns it around. I also have a hard time believing free agents will come here wanting to play for Sparano after all the players that called him and his coaching style out.

Then you have Jeff Ireland who asked a player if his mom was a prostitute then goes behind the coaches back to try and find a new coach while deflecting the blame for all of the problems from himself. Ireland's reputation among potential free agents can't be good. Should be a real fun working relationship between Ireland and Sparano this coming season. I guess Ireland can just draft O-line in the upcoming draft and if they don't pan out he can blame Sparano and tell Ross he drafted the right guys it was the coach that screwed them up. That way he can keep his job next year after Sparano is fired.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYinBostonFin View Post
    What OC that could possibly make the jump converting to HC in a year, will uproot his family to make a move for a probable lame duck coach? Its going to be a hard sell for a decent OC, nevermind a good one.
    I said it before they will have to offer TS a contract extension to draw OC interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I hope ireland is GM for life just to piss people like you off.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NYinBostonFin View Post
    What OC that could possibly make the jump converting to HC in a year, will uproot his family to make a move for a probable lame duck coach? Its going to be a hard sell for a decent OC, nevermind a good one.
    I dont have time to list all of the coaches/assistants in the NFL and the college level that would jump at the chance to be an OC. Sparano is not a lame duck. If he succeeds this year, I can see an extension being offered. With all the HC firings this year, there will be a lot of movement when the new HC positions are filled.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Leach or Oregon's coach would provide some new ideas
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyahs View Post
    I said it before they will have to offer TS a contract extension to draw OC interest.
    I don't think they are doing that.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    I dont have time to list all of the coaches/assistants in the NFL and the college level that would jump at the chance to be an OC. Sparano is not a lame duck. If he succeeds this year, I can see an extension being offered. With all the HC firings this year, there will be a lot of movement when the new HC positions are filled.
    I don't think you are right, but we'll see. It's definitely a harder sell than you are making it out. If they promote from within, you have to say better OC's out there refused the job because they believe TS is on his way out.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we hire Mike Leach should we go ahead and purchase a nice dark shed to put inside the bubble for his troubled players?

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Josh McDaniels??? He and Brandon Marshall do not get along at all....that is all this franchise needs. But then again looking at the way they just handled the HC job, I won't be surprised at all.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can't imagine after watching this giant turd of a coaching search take place that any body any good would say yes to come her for one year. The last couple of years this organization is quickly becoming the laughing stock of the NFL and sucks. The stadium is a joke to see on tv and if Miami execs that it was a joke this year wait til next year. 2011 is going to be a train wreck and no quality coach looking for a move up the ladder is going to even consider coming to Miami. Might as well like Brandon Marshall call the plays next year. At least they moved the ball when he did.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a proud dragon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    John Ramsdell!!!!!
    Re-sign
    Randy Starks DT
    Nolan Carroll CB