Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fcuk it- let's go jets!

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Obviously we don't have a chance just like at Indy and just like at NE. probably our only chance is if the Steelers are snowed in at home, other than that they'll kill us.
    Well I certainly don't see Pittsburgh taking their best weapon out of the game like Indy and NE did. Indy decided they would beat you guys by running the ball on 1st down, I'm sure Rex was laughing his arse off at that game plan. Then your moroon OC decides that 6 yards a carry is not gonna do it so let's have Sanchez throw incompletions all over the place.
    Then the "genius" BB decides that Danny Woodhead would be the best way to attack your defense, at least if they were going to run use Ben but noooooooo Danny Woodhead struck more fear in your defense, lol! That 4th quarter of huddling up and not running the hurry up was another thing of beauty aswell. Two of the worst game plans I've ever seen!

Your a good team and have done well. Sanchez sucked against Indy and started poorly against NE before he got in a rythm and made some nice throws. NE's pass rush is non exsistant and Sanchez got an opportunity to play 7 on 7, he won't get that shot against Pittsburgh. They will take your run game away and leave it to Sanchez to win the game. Pressure will come from all different angles through Harrison, Woodley and Troy, if Sanchez plays lights out you win, but I just can't see it happening though. Sanchez misses wide open receivers with no pressure on him way to often for me to think he can walk into Pittsburgh and play at a level he has never reached before!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    Well I certainly don't see Pittsburgh taking their best weapon out of the game like Indy and NE did. Indy decided they would beat you guys by running the ball on 1st down, I'm sure Rex was laughing his arse off at that game plan. Then your moroon OC decides that 6 yards a carry is not gonna do it so let's have Sanchez throw incompletions all over the place.
    Then the "genius" BB decides that Danny Woodhead would be the best way to attack your defense, at least if they were going to run use Ben but noooooooo Danny Woodhead struck more fear in your defense, lol! That 4th quarter of huddling up and not running the hurry up was another thing of beauty aswell. Two of the worst game plans I've ever seen!

Your a good team and have done well. Sanchez sucked against Indy and started poorly against NE before he got in a rythm and made some nice throws. NE's pass rush is non exsistant and Sanchez got an opportunity to play 7 on 7, he won't get that shot against Pittsburgh. They will take your run game away and leave it to Sanchez to win the game. Pressure will come from all different angles through Harrison, Woodley and Troy, if Sanchez plays lights out you win, but I just can't see it happening though. Sanchez misses wide open receivers with no pressure on him way to often for me to think he can walk into Pittsburgh and play at a level he has never reached before!
    You obviously didn't watch the game if you think that the Colts and the Pats "decided" to run the ball. They had no choice. We trotted out 7 DBs and dared them to run. They took what our defense gave them.

I'm concerned about the Steelers. They definitely have a much better defense than the Pats and Colts combined but then again, these past 2 weeks, the Jets have played the best defense I've seen them play since Rex got here. We held Peyton to 1 TD and Brady to 2 TDs (the last one was in garbage time while most of our team was busy doing the airplane). Pittsburgh is very similar to the Jets. They have an advantage at QB, we have one at RB. They rush the passer better, we can cover better. It should be a hell of a game. GO JETS!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post

How about some credit for our D? We forced Indy to run it and Indy had success doing so but the jets preferreed giving up runs to passes and then on that big 3rd down they folled Indy into running again and we stuffed them to force a FG.

6 yds a carry? when were we getting 6 yds a carry?

Woodhead averaged over a yard more per carry than Green-Ellis during the reg season. NE didn't lose b/c of their ground game, they lost b/c we confused the beast QB in the game and they couldn't pass the ball.

The jets D had them confused all game long and it forced them to waste alot of time on those 2nd half drives.

Sanchez sucked in the 1st half against Indy, he was good in the 2nd half and led us on a GW drive. he struggled a bit in the 1st qtr at NE but had an excellent final 3 qtrs ionclduing the pass the Braylon that got us going in the 2nd qtr.

Sanchez has proven he can win games, obviously it's going to be tough to run. We did a good job last month, if we can come close to that we'll have an excellent shot.

The problem is you see us having problems scoring against their D but their O is going to have problems scoring against our O especially w/ that banged up OL.

Sanchez just walked into NE and beat the best team in the regular season, a team that beat the Jets 45-3 and beat the Steelers(at Pitt) 39-26 in a game where the score was much closer than the game. Pitt was taking advantage of a bunch of turnovers against Bal, as long as we limit TOs(no BAD TOs) we'll be in good shape.

Sanchez has played at a level higg enough to knock off the 2 hottest teams in the league on the road in the div rd the last 2 years. I'm very confident in him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Offensive View Post
    how can any reaosnable human being...especially one with a daughter ever root for that rapist pos to ever win anything? i hate the pats and the fins but i would root for them over the rapist.
    Let's review the checkered past of your QB:

"LOS ANGELES - Southern California backup quarterback Mark Sanchez was released from jail early Thursday following his arrest for investigation of sexually assaulting a female student, police said.

Sanchez, 19, was arrested around 4 p.m. at an apartment complex near campus. He was released shortly after midnight after posting $200,000 bail, sheriff’s deputy Ban Nguyen said.

Police took DNA and hair samples from Sanchez, the Los Angeles Daily News reported, citing unnamed sources."

"Eventually, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office announced no charges would be filed against Sanchez citing a "lack of sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt", noting the case was "essentially a 'one-on-one' allegation". Escaping legal retribution, Sanchez did not go completely unscathed as USC placed him on interim suspension that suspended him from the football team yet permitted him to take his semester finals, albeit separate from the general student body and under the supervision of campus security and was required to take a rape awareness class at USC. "
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fan card revoked....
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no, no , no. u can not root for the jets, i dont care who they are playing. i dont care if they are playing the kkk, or they are playing al qaeda, etc, **** the jets.

i would not be able to live with them winning a superbowl, or let alone making one up here in ny with all those scumbags. no, no, no.

im a diehard steeler fan for this sunday only, and will really appreciate it if they can knock those *******s off.

i will not say the jets dont have a chance anymore because they do, but hopefully pittsburgh will beat them being the better team at home.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by McSmooth View Post
    Let's review the checkered past of your QB:

"LOS ANGELES - Southern California backup quarterback Mark Sanchez was released from jail early Thursday following his arrest for investigation of sexually assaulting a female student, police said.

Sanchez, 19, was arrested around 4 p.m. at an apartment complex near campus. He was released shortly after midnight after posting $200,000 bail, sheriff’s deputy Ban Nguyen said.

Police took DNA and hair samples from Sanchez, the Los Angeles Daily News reported, citing unnamed sources."

"Eventually, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office announced no charges would be filed against Sanchez citing a "lack of sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt", noting the case was "essentially a 'one-on-one' allegation". Escaping legal retribution, Sanchez did not go completely unscathed as USC placed him on interim suspension that suspended him from the football team yet permitted him to take his semester finals, albeit separate from the general student body and under the supervision of campus security and was required to take a rape awareness class at USC. "
    and it was proven the slut lied.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    How about some credit for our D? We forced Indy to run it and Indy had success doing so but the jets preferreed giving up runs to passes and then on that big 3rd down they folled Indy into running again and we stuffed them to force a FG.

6 yds a carry? when were we getting 6 yds a carry?

Woodhead averaged over a yard more per carry than Green-Ellis during the reg season. NE didn't lose b/c of their ground game, they lost b/c we confused the beast QB in the game and they couldn't pass the ball.

The jets D had them confused all game long and it forced them to waste alot of time on those 2nd half drives.

Sanchez sucked in the 1st half against Indy, he was good in the 2nd half and led us on a GW drive. he struggled a bit in the 1st qtr at NE but had an excellent final 3 qtrs ionclduing the pass the Braylon that got us going in the 2nd qtr.

Sanchez has proven he can win games, obviously it's going to be tough to run. We did a good job last month, if we can come close to that we'll have an excellent shot.

The problem is you see us having problems scoring against their D but their O is going to have problems scoring against our O especially w/ that banged up OL.

Sanchez just walked into NE and beat the best team in the regular season, a team that beat the Jets 45-3 and beat the Steelers(at Pitt) 39-26 in a game where the score was much closer than the game. Pitt was taking advantage of a bunch of turnovers against Bal, as long as we limit TOs(no BAD TOs) we'll be in good shape.

Sanchez has played at a level higg enough to knock off the 2 hottest teams in the league on the road in the div rd the last 2 years. I'm very confident in him.
    Your D was very, very impressive on Sunday. I was rooting for the Jets in that one as I hate the Pats marginally more than you guys. Your defense really proved that the Pats are not "invincible". Having said that I really hope that the Steelers beat you guys, badly. The thoughts of Rex with a superbowl as a head coach makes me physically sick.

A world of dew,
    and within every dewdrop
    a world of struggle.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the jets win it all they will be less hungry next year, which is good for us. If they lose another AFC championship game they will be hungrier than ever. Though on the other hand, a demoralizing, blow-out loss to the Steelers might damage their confidence enough to hurt them. Either would be fine by me, I just don't want them to lose by a couple points.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this is the same problem i am having with my aunt she is rooting for them because they have piece of miami being jason taylor, i told her jt doesn't have a piece of miami, he lost that when he became a jet, and second the family will turn there back on you for doing, i told her she is going to burn in hell for doing that.
    Quote Quote