Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helping the pom poms understand the skepticism/negativity

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Helping the pom poms understand the skepticism/negativity

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...1070209.column

basically, within the context of the history of the miami dolphins (from its beginnings to present times), knowing how much the organization has declined into irrelevance, in comparison to those with winning traditions, this article sheds light on why there will be a majority of skepticism/negativity- until they ever become elite or relevant again.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I understand the frustration and negativity, but I also see that there is way too much reactionary thought and impatience in the fanbase. How do you expect anything to ever grow or gel if you have to start over every 3 years? Some great teams never would have become great teams with that short of a leash...

Additionally, the defeatist attitude and constant negativity rampant in this forum accomplishes exactly NOTHING. This regime will be in tact for 2011, and there is nothing anyone can do to change that fact, so why not support it and hope for the best, rather than trying to sabotage it?
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Personally I am just as fustrated as the rest of you guys and lord knows some of the resent moves have been questionable at best.

Having said that it's going to be a LONGGGGGGG off season with no end in sight to the Player vs. owners negotiations.

And we have 6 months till training camp even starts.

I say chill out guys.

Give the GM and coach a chance to fix the problems.

See the final results after the draft and free agent period.

Take a "leap of faith" that they actually know what they're doing.

It's going to be a LONGGGGG offseason.

And what we got is what we got.

~~~ GO FINS ~~~
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yet when I ask for a reason to be optimistic nobody even attempts to give me a reason and when I ask anyone if they want to bet a VIP membership on our record next year nobody takes it. Telling people they should be optimistic about next season without a reason is illogical when there is plenty of indications that we wont have a very good year. Convince me why I should I be excited about the upcoming season instead of just telling me too for no reason other then you all think that is part of being a good fan. I wont hold my breath waiting for a list of things to look forward too.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Only 2>

Draft

Free agents

If we suck at both or these I may come join the haters

~~~ GOOOO FINS ~~~
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    Yet when I ask for a reason to be optimistic nobody even attempts to give me a reason and when I ask anyone if they want to bet a VIP membership on our record next year nobody takes it. Telling people they should be optimistic about next season without a reason is illogical when there is plenty of indications that we wont have a very good year. Convince me why I should I be excited about the upcoming season instead of just telling me too for no reason other then you all think that is part of being a good fan. I wont hold my breath waiting for a list of things to look forward too.

Because it does no good to sabotage the season before it begins. NONE of us know how this will shake out. All we can do is just support the team and watch the season.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Because it does no good to sabotage the season before it begins. NONE of us know how this will shake out. All we can do is just support the team and watch the season.

No we can do more then that and I think that is the crux of the divide on this board. Do not missundersand me I respect your right to hold out hope even though I do not understand it and I do not go around telling people how to be a fan and what not. IMO if fans do not voice our displeasure for the product they are selling us then we are as much of the problem as they are. Thier job is to provide us with an entertainment product and I am not entertained with what I see but if I fail to articulate that to them then what is there to make me believe they will improve the product. Why should they improve it if they think everyone is happy because we are all going rah rah rah over really questionable decissions at best. It is our responsibility to make it clear that we will not tolerate incompetency and we intend to hold this organazation accoutable and expect them to provide us with a winning product worth cheering for. When someone asks me who my team is and I tell them I am a Dolphins fan I typically get one of two responses. They either laugh in my face or they feel sorry for me. I want that fixed and I will not stop criticizing them until they look like they are fixing it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No we can do more then that and I think that is the crux of the divide on this board. Do not missundersand me I respect your right to hold out hope even though I do not understand it and I do not go around telling people how to be a fan and what not. IMO if fans do not voice our displeasure for the product they are selling us then we are as much of the problem as they are. Thier job is to provide us with an entertainment product and I am not entertained with what I see but if I fail to articulate that to them then what is there to make me believe they will improve the product. Why should they improve it if they think everyone is happy because we are all going rah rah rah over really questionable decissions at best. It is our responsibility to make it clear that we will not tolerate incompetency and we intend to hold this organazation accoutable and expect them to provide us with a winning product worth cheering for. When someone asks me who my team is and I tell them I am a Dolphins fan I typically get one of two responses. They either laugh in my face or they feel sorry for me. I want that fixed and I will not stop criticizing them until they look like they are fixing it.
    The thing is, at this point, there is no way to even know if the product has been improved. We won't know that until the season begins. At this juncture, your whining will not accomplish ANYTHING. Sparano WILL NOT be fired between now and the start of the season. Neither will Ireland. That much is FACT. As such, your griping is nothing more than wasted air. If they come out sucking next season, by ALL MEANS, please begin calling for their heads, because that is when your words can actually make an impact. I will likely be there along with you if they come out stinking like rotten turkey.

But understand, at this moment, in late January, after the fate of this regime has been decided for 2011, it does no good whatsoever to blindly hate every move they make. We have no concept of how this will work on the field, and like I said, no amount of talk will change the fact that they will be here for the 2011 season. Your bitching accomplishes nothing at the moment.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    The thing is, at this point, there is no way to even know if the product has been improved. We won't know that until the season begins. At this juncture, your whining will not accomplish ANYTHING. Sparano WILL NOT be fired between now and the start of the season. Neither will Ireland. That much is FACT. As such, your griping is nothing more than wasted air. If they come out sucking next season, by ALL MEANS, please begin calling for their heads, because that is when your words can actually make an impact. I will likely be there along with you if they come out stinking like rotten turkey.

But understand, at this moment, in late January, after the fate of this regime has been decided for 2011, it does no good whatsoever to blindly hate every move they make. We have no concept of how this will work on the field, and like I said, no amount of talk will change the fact that they will be here for the 2011 season. Your bitching accomplishes nothing at the moment.

You are very wrong and I would of taken the time to explain to you why if you had not chose to use words like bitching and whining to describe my criticisms. Good day to you.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You are very wrong and I would of taken the time to explain to you why if you had not chose to use words like bitching and whining to describe my criticisms. Good day to you.
    So you feel your "criticisms" can actually be constructive in accomplishing something at this point in time? Please, do tell...
    Quote Quote