Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Journey

1. -21
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How we doing arsenal?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    LIVESTRONG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Good man. Lost 8 pounds last week

I weigh myself again tomorrow afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIJ007 View Post
    Pouncey Twins are gay.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How did the weigh in go?
    Last edited by Ricky4Life; 02-23-2011 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a bit late, I guess. But good luck and I hope everything is going well.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    LIVESTRONG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Sorry guys.

I'm down to 339 now.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope you are still looking in on this thread cause I think I may be able to help you out a bit.

Here is the first think you should do if you haven't yet. Find out what your Basal metabolic rate (BMR) is. This is how many calories your body burns if you are watching TV all day. Use the the formula below.

66 + (6.23 x weight in pounds) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

Mine is 1992 BTW.

So now that you know what, you know what you should be eating to lose, gain, or maintain. Keep in mind that if you are exercising, this number will go up. So say if your BMR is 2000, then if you only eat 1700 a day, then you should lose weight even without exercise, but of course exercise is best.

Try to never drink any calories. Drinks lots of water and try to stay away from soda. If you must have soda, drink diet and still try to keep it at a minimum. Remember, even things you may think are healthy and good for you like orange juice or Gatorade are still full of sugar. They say you should drink at least 64 oz of water a day.

To answer a question you asked, it is best to try to eat 5 or 6 smaller meals a day as it keeps your metabolism going, or at least that is what the experts say. I try to keep mine between 250 to 300 calories and then my dinner is around 600 or 700

Do you have a smart phone like an iPhone or Droid or any other one that has all the cool apps. If so find an app that keeps track of whatever you eat. I use MyNetDairy on iPhone but it's possible there may be a better one.

Now let us talk about food. I would suggest getting a food scale if you don't have one. Serving sizes are a lot smaller than you think they are sometimes. You don't have to eat salads all the time. That gets boring fast. Eat things like boneless, skinless, chicken breast, turkey breast or ground turkey, tuna fish, or salmon. You could have some brown rice or sweet potatoes with it for some good complex carbs. Then you can pile your plate full of broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans. You can east regular potatoes too but in moderation.

That was for dinner of course. For breakfast, have some oatmeal, eggs(minus all the yolks but one), turkey bacon, non fat yogurt, etc. Just try to keep it healthy.

Below is a great tasting omelet that I eat all the time. It has around 210 calories.

1 whole egg-large
    3 egg whites-large as well of course
    few mushrooms
    2 oz of deli sliced turkey breast
    green peppers
    onions
    tomatoes if you wish but I don't care for them much

Throw in a piece of whole wheat toast and you are still under 300 calories for breakfast.

Now for lunch. A couple of things I eat a lot are are deli turkey breast wraps and ground turkey burgers. Both are yummy.

Wrap

4 oz turkey deli turkey breast for 100 calories
    I use the a brand called Flatout light whole grain for only 90 calories each
    Slice of provolone cheese for about 80 calories
    lettuce for maybe 5 calories
    1/2 tablespoon light ranch dressing for 30 calories I think or you could use mustard for a big 0
    you can also add onions or tomatoes

Turkey Burger

Whole wheat bun for 140 cal
    4 oz ground turkey for 170 cal
    provolone cheese for 80 cal again or you can skip this and save a few calories for later
    of course you can go with ketchup and or mustard for little to no calories or half serving of light mayo for about 30 cal
    again, lettuce, tomatoes, onions for very little calories. 4 bread and butter pickles have about 30 cal.

Anyway, I hope I didn't bore you too much with this but that is pretty much how my meals go. Eating the same stuff all the time stinks so you gotta be creative sometimes. As JCane said, always look at labels and know what you are eating and try to stay away from eating a ton of sodium. Not only is it not good for you, but it will make you retain water weight.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WeVie View Post
    I hope you are still looking in on this thread cause I think I may be able to help you out a bit.

Here is the first think you should do if you haven't yet. Find out what your Basal metabolic rate (BMR) is. This is how many calories your body burns if you are watching TV all day. Use the the formula below.

66 + (6.23 x weight in pounds) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

Mine is 1992 BTW.

So now that you know what, you know what you should be eating to lose, gain, or maintain. Keep in mind that if you are exercising, this number will go up. So say if your BMR is 2000, then if you only eat 1700 a day, then you should lose weight even without exercise, but of course exercise is best.

Try to never drink any calories. Drinks lots of water and try to stay away from soda. If you must have soda, drink diet and still try to keep it at a minimum. Remember, even things you may think are healthy and good for you like orange juice or Gatorade are still full of sugar. They say you should drink at least 64 oz of water a day.

To answer a question you asked, it is best to try to eat 5 or 6 smaller meals a day as it keeps your metabolism going, or at least that is what the experts say. I try to keep mine between 250 to 300 calories and then my dinner is around 600 or 700

Do you have a smart phone like an iPhone or Droid or any other one that has all the cool apps. If so find an app that keeps track of whatever you eat. I use MyNetDairy on iPhone but it's possible there may be a better one.

Now let us talk about food. I would suggest getting a food scale if you don't have one. Serving sizes are a lot smaller than you think they are sometimes. You don't have to eat salads all the time. That gets boring fast. Eat things like boneless, skinless, chicken breast, turkey breast or ground turkey, tuna fish, or salmon. You could have some brown rice or sweet potatoes with it for some good complex carbs. Then you can pile your plate full of broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans. You can east regular potatoes too but in moderation.

That was for dinner of course. For breakfast, have some oatmeal, eggs(minus all the yolks but one), turkey bacon, non fat yogurt, etc. Just try to keep it healthy.

Below is a great tasting omelet that I eat all the time. It has around 210 calories.

1 whole egg-large
    3 egg whites-large as well of course
    few mushrooms
    2 oz of deli sliced turkey breast
    green peppers
    onions
    tomatoes if you wish but I don't care for them much

Throw in a piece of whole wheat toast and you are still under 300 calories for breakfast.

Now for lunch. A couple of things I eat a lot are are deli turkey breast wraps and ground turkey burgers. Both are yummy.

Wrap

4 oz turkey deli turkey breast for 100 calories
    I use the a brand called Flatout light whole grain for only 90 calories each
    Slice of provolone cheese for about 80 calories
    lettuce for maybe 5 calories
    1/2 tablespoon light ranch dressing for 30 calories I think or you could use mustard for a big 0
    you can also add onions or tomatoes

Turkey Burger

Whole wheat bun for 140 cal
    4 oz ground turkey for 170 cal
    provolone cheese for 80 cal again or you can skip this and save a few calories for later
    of course you can go with ketchup and or mustard for little to no calories or half serving of light mayo for about 30 cal
    again, lettuce, tomatoes, onions for very little calories. 4 bread and butter pickles have about 30 cal.

Anyway, I hope I didn't bore you too much with this but that is pretty much how my meals go. Eating the same stuff all the time stinks so you gotta be creative sometimes. As JCane said, always look at labels and know what you are eating and try to stay away from eating a ton of sodium. Not only is it not good for you, but it will make you retain water weight.
    Mad props to what you've been able to do Wevie. The only problem is that since we're all different, there's no real correlation between what works you and what would work for anyone else.

Example: For me, all I did to lose 65 lbs was calorie count like a mother****er. After a while, you become really familiar with the sort of foods you should have and which ones you shouldn't. Following a specific or detailed diet from a magazine, celeb show, or even just any of us regular joes doesn't really even need to happen.

You're going to kill Arsenal's spirit by suggesting what he shouldn't eat. Hell you're depressing me even though I think your suggestions are wrong or at least not necessary for all.

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Mad props to what you've been able to do Wevie. The only problem is that since we're all different, there's no real correlation between what works you and what would work for anyone else.

Example: For me, all I did to lose 65 lbs was calorie count like a mother****er. After a while, you become really familiar with the sort of foods you should have and which ones you shouldn't. Following a specific or detailed diet from a magazine, celeb show, or even just any of us regular joes doesn't really even need to happen.

You're going to kill Arsenal's spirit by suggesting what he shouldn't eat. Hell you're depressing me even though I think your suggestions are wrong or at least not necessary for all.
    For you guys that are still losing weight, and or have already met your weight goal. What foods do you suggest I eat during the day, and for dinner? I've been eating just salads and light dressings. Any suggestions?
    That is what he asked so I was simply giving him some alternatives to eating salads all the time. That is what is great about what I was trying to say too. You can pretty much eat anything you want to eat as long as you are counting and know what you are eating everyday. the only thing that I suggested him not to do was drink calories but if you want OJ in the morning, drink it. Just be aware that is has a lot of calories even though it is somewhat healthy. One of my rules that I made for myself what to not drink any calories that way I can eat more during the day. It's easy to drink 300-400 calories and not even realize it.

I was only trying to tell him what some of the healthier things are that he could eat. Those examples of the omelet and the wrap I gave are things that I eat and they are good by the way.

If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you do not want to "go on a diet". You want to change the way you eat. You can still eat cake, chips, and ice cream, or whatever else you want. You just can't do it everyday.

Losing weight is pretty easy if you follow the number one rule. Eat less and move more.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    LIVESTRONG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Back into the 330's now :feelsgoodman:
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA: