Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Journey

1. -31
    LIVESTRONG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Okay this is one thing I don't understand.

We got this new kid at work tonight. He probably weighs close to 380 or so. Can't be but a few years older than me. But he was literally mopping and had to sit down after 3 swipes of the broom, breathing hard and everything.

Okay, Like i'm a big guy, I know I am. But to be honest, I'm very athletic for my size. I've played Soccer,Baseball,Basketball,Football like my entire life could be the reason why. But I mean, I can jog a mile and be fine. How can somebody like that, 50 pounds heavier than me do 3 swipes with a mop and be down for the count. I just don't understand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIJ007 View Post
    Pouncey Twins are gay.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal WV View Post
    Okay this is one thing I don't understand.

We got this new kid at work tonight. He probably weighs close to 380 or so. Can't be but a few years older than me. But he was literally mopping and had to sit down after 3 swipes of the broom, breathing hard and everything.

Okay, Like i'm a big guy, I know I am. But to be honest, I'm very athletic for my size. I've played Soccer,Baseball,Basketball,Football like my entire life could be the reason why. But I mean, I can jog a mile and be fine. How can somebody like that, 50 pounds heavier than me do 3 swipes with a mop and be down for the count. I just don't understand that.
    Think about it. Say two people are the same size and the same weight. now take 50 pounds and strap it to there back and let them go through the day with that extra weight. That is essentially what he is doing. That would be very tough. If he is not a naturally big guy like it sounds like you are, then he may be lugging around 150-200 extra pounds. That would make anyone tired after merely walking from say one end of the store to the other or whatever.

Now add to the fact that this guy most likely only eats, sleeps, and watches TV or plays video games all day if he is not working and that makes him way out of shape.

One of my best friends is a big guy. He has weighed as much as 330 but at that weight you couldn't call him fat but very chubby. He lost weight down to 280-290 range and a couple of pants sizes and was still big but not really overweight, or at least not by much.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    LIVESTRONG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    down to 332 now :feelsgoodman:
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    good job man,one thing to remember is that the tortoise won the race......slow and steady every time
    Just about any day that you are hiking is A good day
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are you still at it?
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    LIVESTRONG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    As often as I can. I'm still in the high 320's. But it's staying there. I havent been in the gym but have been eating healthy, and that's half the battle. On Thursday i'll be back in the gym again. walking on the treds, bikes etc..
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As often as I can. I'm still in the high 320's. But it's staying there. I havent been in the gym but have been eating healthy, and that's half the battle. On Thursday i'll be back in the gym again. walking on the treds, bikes etc..
    The treadmill and the bike will help for sure. Which gym are you joining?
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    LIVESTRONG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    I live the street right above the community center on college. So I usually just yog down there, count it as my warmup.

Here is my question. I work most nights from 10pm-7am. What would be the best time to go workout? Right after I get off at 7am? I'm just tired as piss when I get off. Or whenever I wake up from sleeping (probably 5-6ish), the only problem with that is I don't want to drag balls in work and be tired the whole night.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I live the street right above the community center on college. So I usually just yog down there, count it as my warmup.

Here is my question. I work most nights from 10pm-7am. What would be the best time to go workout? Right after I get off at 7am? I'm just tired as piss when I get off. Or whenever I wake up from sleeping (probably 5-6ish), the only problem with that is I don't want to drag balls in work and be tired the whole night.
    Everything I have read says it best to workout in the morning after waking up. It says that if you workout in the morning, it kicks your body into gear and helps burn more calories throughout the day.

In your case, that would be in the evening after you wake. If I were you, I would do it then. It will not tire you out as much as you think. I always feel great after I workout.

If you are like me, when I worked nightshift all time, I couldn't wait to hit the bed as soon as I got off.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I should add though that the best time to workout really is whenever you want to. Whatever works for you. I workout at night, come home, hang out for a bit, and then go to bed. That is what fits my schedule right now so that is what I do. The important thing is that you just do it, whenever it is.
    Quote Quote