Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are your favorite draft prospects?

1. -1
    take your time, don't live too fast

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks

Who are your favorite draft prospects?

These are in no particular order.

1. Cam Newton - The guy has been a playmaker at every level. If he can polish his passing, and have a pass first mentality in the NFL, he should be a dangerous addition to any team.

2. Mikel Leshoure - Some people like Ingram, and some like Ryan Williams, but Leshoure is my favorite prospect at running back. I see a guy that has a super consistent game, and does incredible things when he has the ball. I don't think you can go wrong with either of those top three backs, but Leshoure definitely tops my list at running back.

3. Leonard Hankerson - This guy is immensely underrated. He played in a troubled offense in Miami and still managed to put up good numbers. He would be a great target to go along with Marshall.

4. Casey Matthews - The guy kind of reminds me of Zach Thomas. People are doubting Matthew's speed, size, and ability to translate his game to the NFL. I think for a late-round prospect he has a lot of upside.

5. Greg Salas - Another Hawaii receiver, like Davone Bess. Some will mention that he is a product of the system, but I think receivers get the bad end of it when they are talking about a system like Hawaii. Receivers can make a QB look really good, or bad. The fact that this guy is in an offense like Hawaii shows that he has had more experience catching footballs than other receivers in more run-tailored offenses.

6. Dwayne Harris - I got a chance to see Harris play a few times because ECU plays in the same conference that UCF does. This guy has no problem being the person with the ball. He fights for every yard and he is just a solid player. He may be a tad short at 5'10, but that doesn't mean that he can't play.

7. Vai Taua - Haven't really seen him play much, but the few times that I did, he stood out. Plays with a low center of gravity, and does a good job getting the necessary yards. He is a solid north-south runner. He doesn't have the speed or explosiveness as the top three guys, but if he is sitting there late in the draft, he should definitely be considered.

8. Christian Ponder - One thing that I really like about Ponder is his intelligence. Jimbo Fisher has been quoted saying that Ponder is the smartest player he has ever coached. I don't like the injury history he has had, or the rumors of his struggle putting some power behind his throws. If he shows that his arm is fine, he is one of my favorite qb's in this draft.
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken." - Colonel Sanders
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rather than give another lengthy scouting report on any of these kids, I'll just list 'em...

Quarterback:

Jake Locker

T.J. Yates

Runningback:

Mark Ingram

Allen Bradford

Kendall Hunter

Delone Carter

Quizz Rodgers

Wide Receiver:

A.J. Green (serious, serious bromance)

Julio Jones

Leonard Hankerson

Denarius Moore

Vincent Brown

Randall Cobb

Tight End:

D.J. Williams

Virgil Green

Lance Kendricks

Offensive Tackle:

James Carpenter

Darius Morris

Tyron Smith

Guard:

John Moffitt

Rodney Hudson

Center:

Ryan Bartholomew

Defensive End:

Ryan Kerrigan

J.J. Watt

Defensive Tackle:

Drake Nevis

Marcell Dareus

Nick Fairley

Corey Liuget

Linebacker:

Mark Herzlich

Von Miller

Lawrence Wilson

Cornerback:

Jimmy Smith

Patrick Peterson

Brandon Harris

Johnny Patrick

Safety:

Robert Sands

Ahmad Black

Jay Valai

Tejay Johnson
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Slimm, if you had to estimate Locker's chance for success in the NFL, what percentage would you throw out? And, I'm guessing your like for him is based on the assumption that his footwork is the primary culprit for his inaccuracy and that shouldn't be a terribly difficult thing to correct. I think both are probably true. Speaking of throwing ability alone, I think he'll get to the point where his accuracy warrants a completion percentage above 60. I'm more worried about his head. Of all the QB's anyone's talking about drafting in the top three or four rounds, he seems the slowest (again, speaking of his mental ability). He reminds me a little of Chad Henne in the way he has this gloss over his eyes - like, if you were to slap him in the face, he'd react a second late. I also haven't seen him make many touch throws.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow, I didn't know you liked Locker. Is there a thread on that you can point me to, or would you care to elaborate? I saw something recently saying Locker's erratic accuracy was eminently fixable and that he could become big time if he does. I just do not recall much precedent of a guy who fixes his accuracy. He does look competitive, though, and obviously he is an outstanding athlete. Would you take Locker at 15?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Funny, J, we both honed in on the same issue at the same time, haha.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Slimm, if you had to estimate Locker's chance for success in the NFL, what percentage would you throw out? And, I'm guessing your like for him is based on the assumption that his footwork is the primary culprit for his inaccuracy and that shouldn't be a terribly difficult thing to correct. I think both are probably true. Speaking of throwing ability alone, I think he'll get to the point where his accuracy warrants a completion percentage above 60. I'm more worried about his head. Of all the QB's anyone's talking about drafting in the top three or four rounds, he seems the slowest (again, speaking of his mental ability). He reminds me a little of Chad Henne in the way he has this gloss over his eyes - like, if you were to slap him in the face, he'd react a second late. I also haven't seen him make many touch throws.

Well, the reality is... all quarterbacks who come out of college and enter the draft have a very small chance for success in the NFL.

If you want to get serious about it, none of them stand better than a 25% chance of ever being anything more than a footnote. Jake Locker has as good a chance as any of them to be honest...

However, I will have to disagree on the kid's mental ability... In other words, I won't have to be sitting down to brace myself for the shock if Jake Locker somehow manages to almost double whatever Scam Newton is able to muster up on the Wonderlic at the combine..

I've always liked Jake Locker and made note of that several times.. Quite frankly I didn't realize it was that big of a surprise.

These are my "favorite" prospects... which allows for not only what I think of their skills and how they project to the next level, but also the kid's who I enjoy watching play the game.

Guys that I pull for and HOPE do well... I hope Jake Locker does well..
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Newton will have the better Wonderlic, but maybe I'm reading Locker wrong.

Anyway, I knew you liked Locker, and my post wasn't meant to knock him at all. Just trying to understand your reasoning a little better.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Who are your favorite draft prospects?

Denarius Moore.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jake Locker, Mark Ingram, Kyle Rudolph are my top 3 right now.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These are my favorite prospects for each positions they are all in realistic range for us.

Qb- Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Greg Mcelroy (Did i spell that right?)
    Rbs-Mark Ingram, Demarco Murray, Da'Rel Scott, John Clay.
    Wrs-Jerrel Jernigan, Titus Young, Leonard Hankerson.
    TE- Lance Kendricks, D.J. Williams.
    OT- Anthony Castonzo, Nate Solder.
    OG- Mike Pouncey, Rodney Hudson.
    C- Stefen Wisniewski
    DL- Marcel Dareus, JJ Watt.
    OLB- Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Jeremy Beals, Sam Acho (Converted DE like Wake and a cool name)
    ILB- Colin McCarthy, Casey Mathews, Mark Herzlich
    CB- Price Amukamara, Chimdi Chekwa, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Ryan Hill (Both DvD and Hill are sleepers similar to Sam Shields from last year)
    S- Rahim Moore, Ahmad Black.
    K/P (Just for the hell of it) - Matt Bosher
    Quote Quote