take your time, don't live too fast
Who are your favorite draft prospects?
These are in no particular order.
1. Cam Newton - The guy has been a playmaker at every level. If he can polish his passing, and have a pass first mentality in the NFL, he should be a dangerous addition to any team.
2. Mikel Leshoure - Some people like Ingram, and some like Ryan Williams, but Leshoure is my favorite prospect at running back. I see a guy that has a super consistent game, and does incredible things when he has the ball. I don't think you can go wrong with either of those top three backs, but Leshoure definitely tops my list at running back.
3. Leonard Hankerson - This guy is immensely underrated. He played in a troubled offense in Miami and still managed to put up good numbers. He would be a great target to go along with Marshall.
4. Casey Matthews - The guy kind of reminds me of Zach Thomas. People are doubting Matthew's speed, size, and ability to translate his game to the NFL. I think for a late-round prospect he has a lot of upside.
5. Greg Salas - Another Hawaii receiver, like Davone Bess. Some will mention that he is a product of the system, but I think receivers get the bad end of it when they are talking about a system like Hawaii. Receivers can make a QB look really good, or bad. The fact that this guy is in an offense like Hawaii shows that he has had more experience catching footballs than other receivers in more run-tailored offenses.
6. Dwayne Harris - I got a chance to see Harris play a few times because ECU plays in the same conference that UCF does. This guy has no problem being the person with the ball. He fights for every yard and he is just a solid player. He may be a tad short at 5'10, but that doesn't mean that he can't play.
7. Vai Taua - Haven't really seen him play much, but the few times that I did, he stood out. Plays with a low center of gravity, and does a good job getting the necessary yards. He is a solid north-south runner. He doesn't have the speed or explosiveness as the top three guys, but if he is sitting there late in the draft, he should definitely be considered.
8. Christian Ponder - One thing that I really like about Ponder is his intelligence. Jimbo Fisher has been quoted saying that Ponder is the smartest player he has ever coached. I don't like the injury history he has had, or the rumors of his struggle putting some power behind his throws. If he shows that his arm is fine, he is one of my favorite qb's in this draft.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken." - Colonel Sanders