Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Roman's Mock (First Day)

1. -1
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks

Roman's Mock (First Day)

Here is my Mock (first four rounds, based on us trading down and recouping our 2nd round pick):

Round 1. Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois (I think LeShoure will be at least as good as Rashard Mendenhall. It is time to to say so long to Ronnie Brown, or Ricky Williams, or both and get some young legs in there. Hilliard can be the #2 back.

Round 2. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada (I doubt Cam Newton or Gabbert will be there at pick #15, and I think there are too many uncertainties about Mallett, Locker, Dalton to make them first rounders. We still are going to need a QB or two and I like Kaepernick. He has great size, speed, mobility and I think a lot of upside. Not many guys can throw and run for 1,000+ yards in a season. He had a great Senior Bowl, so if we recoup our 2nd rounder, I think we should take Kaepernick with it.

Round 3. Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy (We could use a speedy slot receiver and a great kickoff/punt returner.

Round 4. Sione Fua, NT/DE, Stanford (Looks like Soliai could be leaving for bigger $$$. Fua would be a great replacement to stuff the middle.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love the Leshoure pick, unsure about the Kaepernick pick, indifferent about Jernigan, and like the Sione Fua pick. I think if we were to draft a receiver in the first four rounds, it would be a guy that would come in and challenge Hartline, rather than just a speedy kick returner.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think LeShore will be solid in the pros..he is a little bigger than Ingram and not as brittle.

Kaepernick is kind of a crap shoot. I just think we may not have too many better options if we do go with a QB in round one, or round two (if we trade down). I like what I saw out of Kaepernick in the Senior Bowl.

Jernigan would give us a fast return man, something we haven't had since Ted Ginn. I know Ginn had some issues, but he occasionally was able to break a long one. Jernigan is great on punts and kickoffs, and he has pretty good hands. I think he would be our 4th or 5th WR behind Marshall, Bess, Hartline and Moore? He looks really good on the YouTube videos I have seen him in. I also got to see Troy play in their bowl game and Jernigan was great.

I doubt Fua will drop to Round 4, but if he does he would be a solid run stuffer up the middle in case we lose Soliai.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kaepernick will be a beast i hope we get him......
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Forget trading down.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like it. I think Colin Kaepernick fits what the Dolphins want from their next starting quarterback and I really think the offense can get very creative with a guy like that under center. I really look for Miami to take either Cam Newton (trade up), Jake Locker (at 15) or Colin Kaepernick (15 or slight trade down/not sure if he makes it to round 2) all who have the insane ability to move in the pocket and make big plays under pressure. Jerrel Jernigan would immediately help the return game another area of huge need. I like LeShoure as that big, grind it out guy.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    if hilliard is our 2 back we are screwed
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he's lucky, Kapernick might be as good as Thigpen in 4 years.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    if hilliard is our 2 back we are screwed
    This. I would love either Ingram or LeShoure in round one, but Hilliard hasn't shown he can be anything in the NFL. I remember that screen play against the panthers. That's it. We need to draft another one later in the draft.
    Prov 3:6
    : in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
    Quote Quote