Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Guy Reminds Me of Brady...

1. -11
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: This Guy Reminds Me of Brady...

It's the hair.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Stanzi has the potential to be a very solid starter.. He doesn't throw off his back foot, but he also does not generate enough power with the throwing motion he has (which can be coached).. Most if not all his passes are touch passes or floaters but he is very accurate with them. I would like his throwing motion to be changed up a little in the bigs if it's at all possible would give him more velocity, just watch his back leg in the video they fairy out lessoning his momentum on the ball.. Overall a late round steal for someone.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    CK, I have seen many other places regard Yates as a quarterback that will be taken no earlier than the 4th or 5th round. Personally, my favorite 2nd or 3rd round option is Christian Ponder. If Ponder shows that he can fully recover from his throwing arm injuries, he has the smarts and the football IQ to do great things in the NFL.
    Being a UF fan, I have seen alot of Ponder. I remember when I first saw him I was thinking this guy is going to make it to the NFL. Ability wise, I do not think that anything has dissuaded me from that view. But here is the thing, his injury history is scary. He has been injured alot. The last injury to his throwing shoulder gives me more than a little pause. I have read reports that as long as he gets the rest he should be fine, but I do not like guys that have multiple injuries-especially at that position.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    CK, I have seen many other places regard Yates as a quarterback that will be taken no earlier than the 4th or 5th round. Personally, my favorite 2nd or 3rd round option is Christian Ponder. If Ponder shows that he can fully recover from his throwing arm injuries, he has the smarts and the football IQ to do great things in the NFL.
    Yeah. Well, there were many places that considered Jake Locker for shoe-in for top QB status, until they caught up to me. And there were many places that considered Cam Newton a borderline 1st/2nd rounder, until they caught up to me on that one. So what are they going to catch up to me on next?

Listen, if I wasn't comfortable making evaluations on my own that can stand quite apart from the rest of the crowd, I wouldn't do so. I'm pretty comfortable with that. So when someone comes at me on one of my opinions and says yeah but so and so rates the guy this way, I don't know what you expect me to say. You expect me to change my mind? If I change my mind, it's for my reasons, like I recently began changing my mind on Nate Enderle, because I'm tired of the bad decision making which keeps showing up over and over and over again.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Hey CK, have you ever kept record of your hits and misses over the past couple of years???

I'd be curious to see what your success rate has been.. as I really enjoy reading your perspective.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    i have been comparing him to brady for a while. i really hope we get this guy if a miricle doesnt happen and we land newton or gabbert
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice find I appreciate the video as well. You may be onto something it will be fun watching to see how he does at the next level. I do remember the first time I watched Brady Quinn I thought I was looking at the next great Qb.

But then over time a few college games I began to see the flaws. With this player I haven't seen enough games to know, But it looks like it is hitting the receivers and backs in the sweet spots. Which is something we haven't seen in Miami in sometime now. In all of these plays the receivers could run after the catch and that can't be overstated for its value.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we draft Stanzi as our answer at QB . . . I'll probably sit the season out.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I live in Big Ten country and have seen quite a bit of Stanzi. I've just never understood why he's viewed so highly by some people. I will give him decent mobility and ability to move around in the pocket. But I do not like his arm strength. Those balloon soft lobs that he throws just will not cut it against NFL speed.

If nothing else, we need someone special at qb, not another of these run of the mill guys.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    I live in Big Ten country and have seen quite a bit of Stanzi. I've just never understood why he's viewed so highly by some people. I will give him decent mobility and ability to move around in the pocket. But I do not like his arm strength. Those balloon soft lobs that he throws just will not cut it against NFL speed.

If nothing else, we need someone special at qb, not another of these run of the mill guys.
    I've seen stanzi make plenty of throws throughout the years that had plenty of zip on them. anywhere, from deep routes, to fireballs into the endzone. What is about him, that showed you his arm strength was questionable.
    Quote Quote