Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: lets talk dline and lb...

1. -1
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks

lets talk dline and lb...

all i got to say is the talent that was on display in that first group of dlineman was rediculous...the numbers those big guys were running was downright nasty...too bad we don't need a 43 dt or end or a 34 end cause the first round is LOADED with em...

sorry guys but mark herzlichs 5 second 40 was the last straw for me...i wouldn't touch him in the first 5 rounds...no matter how great a locker room guy and teammate he is he just doesn't have any explosion...he dropped weight to run the 40 and was slow as hell...no thanks

robert quinn underachieved in my book...i still think off the talent and upside he goes top 10 worse case...i just expected some better numbers

give me marcel dareus over nick fairley any day...

i don't know what scott lutrus ran but he looked pretty darn fluid to me in lb drills...good hips good change of direction...i'm intrigued...almost 6 ft 3 240 plus lbs... i know mayock said he's had stinger issues but whats that kid look like on tape???

martez wilson explosive but stiff hipped and not great change of direction...a lot of straight line in him

ilb crop as a whole pretty meh...i'm skeptical about a top 50 pick in the group...martez wilson likely the guy if any

brooks reed in the only standup drill i got to see him drop in showed he's a 34 olb convert all the way...pretty much what i expected...good hips good change of direction...ran well...by the end of the 3rd round i think he's gone

von miller...as advertised...looked a little too much in a hurry in drills...but you can see the fluidity is all there...

chris carter is the pass rush convert i think we need...i just don't know how long he stays on the board...looked pretty good in field drills to me...explosive get off

akeem ayers nice 4.8 40...get out of the 1st round discussion please...lol...i so think that kids overrated

thoughts??? lets name names and talk the talk
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dontay Moch running a 4.45 at 250lbs was unbelieveable!
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sam Acho may be better than most thought. He is very similar to Brandon graham. Same height and weight. Acho has is actually faster(4,6's) with much longer arms(33.6). Acho is also known for a huge motor and he is an academic all-american. Graham had 10 sacks his senior year,Acho had nine.

I don't know if Acho has moved up any boards. They say he may have trouble in space, but they say that about almost every player.

Ya, tons of talent, and IMO the Dolphins do need a pass rushing OLB; Misi should move inside where I believe he would eventually become an elite ILB.

I think Kerrigan showed plenty of athleticism to play OLB in the 3-4. I would love a real playmaker like Kerrigan on the Dolphins. The guy is a turnover machine.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    how did Aldon Smith look? I didn't get a chance to watch any of the drills today. Did they have him stand up any? How was his 40?

Also heard Markus White ran like a 4.9 . . . I was expecting a better time and looks on him in the drills? Did they ask any of these DE's to stand up at OLB for 3-4 purposes? Quinn, Romeus, Beal, Kerriganl? Heard Cam Jordan really had a great day . . . gonna be hard for this regime to pass up on that 5 technique . . . though they probably won't get the chance now.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    Dontay Moch running a 4.45 at 250lbs was unbelieveable!

I agree that is remarkable, but there have been others. Thomas Howard ran in the 4.4's at 240 something and he hardly saw the field last year. He is a free agent and we could probably sign him for dirt cheap.http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...006&genpos=OLB
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Not really interested in any of the traditional LB's inside and out . . . like hoops said the ILB crop is blah, and Von Miller will be long gone.

Herzlich will make it in the NFL, he is going to be an incredible get for a team on day 3. Hell I hope we roll the dice.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    kerrigan did look good in stand up drills but he played so much with his hand in the dirt at purdue that i think he's gonna get scooped up by a 43 team...thats where i would take him...better 43 end than 34 olb convert to me...kerrigann weighed more than i would have thought also at 267...looking at him in pads at the senior bowl i would have sworn he was a max 255 guy
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seeing this class just shows me that Ireland does everything assbackwards. This class is ABSOLUTELY LOADED AT DL and very solid at LB and WR, but weak at TE. Last year was LOADED at TE and WR, but not very deep at DL and LB.

So what did Ireland do? Draft DL (Odrick) and LBs (Misi and Edds) last year, and ignore great WRs (Dez Bryant, Mike Williams, etc., etc.) and TEs (too many to name).

Now we need TE and a speed WR and this class is thin there. But we don't need DL which is this class's strength. Again, Ireland = assbackwards with no foresight.

Last year we needed Odrick so badly b/c we had to find a makeshift NT by moving an undersized-Starks over to NT (with Soliai being an afterthought) but one year later, Soliai is worth $12m per year. Ireland shows that he doesn't know what he has on his own roster.

Another example; one year ago Henne is our franchise QB, and one year later Ireland states that "Henne is our guy right now b/c right now he's our ONLY guy". Just feels like we're a ship at sea without a rudder.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ayatollah of rock and rolla

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There were a bunch of poor 10 yard splits that I saw. Virtually no one cracked 1.6, which is significant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...thetimes031109

Other than that it was cool to watch these guys, but since neither is a position of need I'm not sure even one of them ends up a Dolphin, though unlike hoops I'm still buying on Mark Herzlich. If we replaced Channing Crowder with that guy I'd be a happy camper. I doubt it's going to happen, though.
    A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brooks Reed in the 3rd would be amazing. Kid is good and has a never-ending motor.
    Quote Quote