Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry Jackson: Draft News

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Barry Jackson: Draft News

• Although possible Dolphins first-round pick Mark Ingram ran just a 4.62 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine, he was the fastest of any running back in the first 10 yards — indicative of his great initial burst. Mel Kiper and some others believe he’s the logical choice at No. 15, but NFL Network’s Mike Mayock advocates Miami waiting until the third round and taking “a change-of-pace-back. There are so many good ones.” … Miami didn’t tell Richie Incognito, who re-signed, if he’s playing center or guard because it wants to keep its options open. The draft and free agent class have a bunch of quality guards.
    Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/0...#ixzz1Fmq054vh
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    imo mayock is the best draft guy, kiper is crap. wouldnt mind ingram, but ita with mayock. we could grab powell and the kid from pitt and be set.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ingram is gonna be a star

he wants it bad

give him #32 if he's on the dolphins
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone34 View Post
    ingram is gonna be a star

he wants it bad

give him #32 if he's on the dolphins
    I think Ingram will be a very good and productive back, but he doesn't have the top end speed to be great. He will be an asset to any team, but he's not going to be the type of back that defensive coordinators design gameplans around IMO. He's not in the mold of Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders or Eric Dickerson etc.
    I would be satisfied (but not ecstatic) if we draft him because he certainly won't be a waste of a pick. He has virtually no chance of being a bust because of his work ethic, quickness and vision. However, if this FO is looking for high reward/high risk and are swinging for a homerun in the 1st round, they will have to go QB.
    Ingram or O-line would be safe picks.
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    I think Ingram will be a very good and productive back, but he doesn't have the top end speed to be great. He will be an asset to any team, but he's not going to be the type of back that defensive coordinators design gameplans around IMO. He's not in the mold of Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders or Eric Dickerson etc.
    I would be satisfied (but not ecstatic) if we draft him because he certainly won't be a waste of a pick. He has virtually no chance of being a bust because of his work ethic, quickness and vision. However, if this FO is looking for high reward/high risk and are swinging for a homerun in the 1st round, they will have to go QB.
    Ingram or O-line would be safe picks.
    Go to the list of top 20 rushers in NFL history and you will realize not even half of them probably ran a 4.4 or better. Ingram's 10 yard split is all I need to know about his speed.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    I think Ingram will be a very good and productive back, but he doesn't have the top end speed to be great. He will be an asset to any team, but he's not going to be the type of back that defensive coordinators design gameplans around IMO.
    i agree with your analysis. ingram will probably be a solid team guy.

they may not game plan around him but they'll likely pay if they can't stop him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Barry Sanders didn't have great top-end speed.

I believe Ingram will be elite.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we let Incongito have another shot at guard (and god forbid at left guard), I'm going to be pissed. Pretty much all of his weaknesses are exposed at LG, and we saw that this season. Stick him at center, and even if you do keep him at guard it can only be on the right side.
    Every year big ten schools are forced to make tough decisions due to scholarship limitations... Nick Saban ,along with the the rest of SEC, has a better solution; oversign.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Barry Sanders didn't have great top-end speed.

I believe Ingram will be elite.
    Barry Sanders ran in the 4.3's. I like Ingram, but he's not even in the same stratosphere as Sanders
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Remember when the Bills had Thurman Thomas, and he used to run all over us and the rest of the AFC East with four yards here, five yards there, over and over and over again? Yeah, count me in as one of the guys who would like to have our version of THAT. It would work wonders for whoever our QB is. In fact, funny enough, it's probably the best way to upgrade our QB position this off-season.
    Quote Quote