Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Depp: I Am A Huge Dolphins Fan

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My son loves this fact more than I do... LOL...
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I really do hate the dolphins but I have grown to like many dolphin fans on this site through the years. What message boards have shown me is that we are all the same, we just root for different teams.
    I agree. Every fan base acts the same.

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Depp plays creepy guys better than any actor other than maybe Nicholas Cage. Cool that he likes the Phins. I am sure Ross
    will offer him a share of the team if he hasn't already.
    1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    2. ILB: Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
    4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
    5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
    6. QB: Connor Shaw, South Carolina
    7. RB: Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he needs to focus more on being a Dolphins fan and less on those POS POC films.

Good actor. Been in some good stuff.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Really?

“France, and the whole of Europe have a great culture and an amazing history. Most important thing though is that people there know how to live! In America they've forgotten all about it. I'm afraid that the American culture is a disaster.”
    -Johnny Depp

I'm not sure how he is saying he hates America here? It sounds like more so that he is (was) disappointed with his fellow citizens.

“I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it. It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it. I have benefited greatly from the freedom that exists in my country and for this I am eternally grateful.”
    -Johnny Depp
    In reality he's just another ignorant celebrity who is nothing more than a useful idiot for the left. It is a known fact that he wears a locket with an image of Che Guevara. He has been quoted saying that he thinks Che Guevara is a cool dude and he liked his style.
    Obviously a quote like that will stir up a lot of emotion from the Cuban community. For example, my mother was Cuban (passed away 4 yrs ago). She lost an uncle during the revolution. He was executed by Castro/Guevara (firing squad).
    I personally have no use for the guy.
    [SIGPIC]The cynic knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing
    -Oscar Wilde
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Your next .000348% owner of the Fins. Johnny Deep!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Nice to hear one of my favorite actors is a Phins fan.

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    There's nothing wrong w/ liking Depp but let's not make him out to be something he isn't just b/c he roots for the team you like(not at you, just in general).

I would like Mark to go out w/ older women even though he did nothing illegal. If ou don't put yourself in abd situations bad things usually will not happen.
    Just be glad that dirty is starting to show an interest in the opposite sex. It's probably just a cover though, albeit a little late; I'd say his preference for the shlong is pretty much common knowledge at this point.
    Dolfan4life!

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm still waiting to read what he said that was so wrong. People need to get over this "I bleed red, white & blue, and dream in star spangled banners". I'm a proud America, love this country, and couldn't see myself living anywhere else, but "to criticize anything American means you're un-American" rhetoric really pisses me off.

Let's face it, our culture is somewhat jacked up, our education is below par, and we are, and have been slipping as the world leader in a wide array of various measured categories. Because someone like Johnny Depp comes out and says that he would prefer to raise his daughter outside of this country is his right as an American. I've lived in several different cities, states and in another country and I still have a lot to see and learn. Someone like Johnny Deep has the kind of exposure that I'm sure I will never have. So who knows what he has seen in his travels that shapes his opinion of where he believes is best raise his children.

I'm not questioning this guy's love for this country, and I share his criticism of it. I see, hear and read things every day that makes me not so proud of my people, society, and culture, does that make me un-American? If you don't question or challenge, it means you think and believe everything is fine the way it is. The people tearing him down should go visit countries like Germany and Norway and just pay attention to the simple things it's citizens do and then compare that to the average american state. Until you demand better, the status quo is what you'll get.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhinzFan View Post
    I'm still waiting to read what he said that was so wrong. People need to get over this "I bleed red, white & blue, and dream in star spangled banners". I'm a proud America, love this country, and couldn't see myself living anywhere else, but "to criticize anything American means you're un-American" rhetoric really pisses me off.

Let's face it, our culture is somewhat jacked up, our education is below par, and we are, and have been slipping as the world leader in a wide array of various measured categories. Because someone like Johnny Depp comes out and says that he would prefer to raise his daughter outside of this country is his right as an American. I've lived in several different cities, states and in another country and I still have a lot to see and learn. Someone like Johnny Deep has the kind of exposure that I'm sure I will never have. So who knows what he has seen in his travels that shapes his opinion of where he believes is best raise his children.

I'm not questioning this guy's love for this country, and I share his criticism of it. I see, hear and read things every day that makes me not so proud of my people, society, and culture, does that make me un-American? If you don't question or challenge, it means you think and believe everything is fine the way it is. The people tearing him down should go visit countries like Germany and Norway and just pay attention to the simple things it's citizens do and then compare that to the average american state. Until you demand better, the status quo is what you'll get.
    Traveling around the world makes you neither wordly nor wise. Human nature is the same wherever you travel. All politics is based on some form of philosophy (Western, Eastern, Modernist/Post Modernist).
    Those that you accuse of 'bleeding red white and blue' probably have a MUCH better appreciation of the principles that founded this country than you do.
    There certainly are many reasons to criticize this country, but many of the issues that you cite are precisely due to a deviation from the founding principles and an acceptance of post-modern (progressive) principles.
    Every country has experienced events in their history that one shouldn't be proud of. However, everything should be placed in its proper perspective and judged in the balance of things. In that regard, there is no other country that even comes close to this country in terms of generosity or sacrifice for the good of other countries. One has only to study history to understand this.
    Now with respect to Depp, I certainly wouldn't consider him an intellectual or wordly individual. As I stated in an earlier post, it is well known that he is an admirer of Che Guevara and he wears a locket with Guevara's image. Anyone who has even a cursory knowledge of Guevara would find the man morally repugnant. Depp obviously is either an ignorant individual or he admires mass murderers/ totalitarianists.
    Quote Quote