Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 578

Thread: NCAA Tournament Thread

  1. -41
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    UNLV won it once. A commuter school in the middle of a casino town. EVERYONE in Vegas was a fan back then, and many still are. People still talk about those games, even if the team in question didn't go on to win the whole thing. ****, even Duke, they're a small private university in North Carolina.

    Michigan's Fab Five. People still talk about them, even if they didn't win the whole shooting match. You probably couldn't name any of the UNC players (well Junc probably could) that played against Michigan in that 1993 title game.

    It goes on and on like that.

    The games, the atmosphere, that's why people watch it. I really don't care who wins it, mostly because my team (Miami) is never in it, I just enjoy watching it for the craziness surrounding the whole thing.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Villanova beat Georgetown.

    NC State beat Houston

    UNLV kicked *** from the 70s to the early 90s.

    Not what I'd consider "major" basketball powers.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1001
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    UNLV won it once. A commuter school in the middle of a casino town. EVERYONE in Vegas was a fan back then, and many still are. People still talk about those games, even if the team in question didn't go on to win the whole thing. ****, even Duke, they're a small private university in North Carolina.

    Michigan's Fab Five. People still talk about them, even if they didn't win the whole shooting match. You probably couldn't name any of the UNC players (well Junc probably could) that played against Michigan in that 1993 title game.

    It goes on and on like that.

    The games, the atmosphere, that's why people watch it. I really don't care who wins it, mostly because my team (Miami) is never in it, I just enjoy watching it for the craziness surrounding the whole thing.

    im not a carolina fna but montross played for them, donald williams who i think was the ncca tounrye mvo that year also brian reese and i think phelps was the point guard








    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Ricky_Fan34's Avatar
    Suns and Fins superfan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    4,797
    vCash:
    1060
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    UNLV won it once. A commuter school in the middle of a casino town. EVERYONE in Vegas was a fan back then, and many still are. People still talk about those games, even if the team in question didn't go on to win the whole thing. ****, even Duke, they're a small private university in North Carolina.

    Michigan's Fab Five. People still talk about them, even if they didn't win the whole shooting match. You probably couldn't name any of the UNC players (well Junc probably could) that played against Michigan in that 1993 title game.

    It goes on and on like that.

    The games, the atmosphere, that's why people watch it. I really don't care who wins it, mostly because my team (Miami) is never in it, I just enjoy watching it for the craziness surrounding the whole thing.
    Somebody watched the ESPN documentary on Sunday Night.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1001
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    anyone watching the uab-clemson game tonight? should be a good one. I am calling it now and saying uab will win.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    Namor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,505
    vCash:
    7197
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey!!! Bama spring football practice starts next week!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,325
    vCash:
    6237
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    You know, I was a bit hesitant on them going into the MWC Tourney, but they "wowed" me, especially in that title game. They've got everything, plus a coach that's won it all before.

    That's my favorite, but this year, it's really anyone's game.
    Because I like the way they're playing so much, I have them going to the Final Four.

    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,325
    vCash:
    6237
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    anyone watching the uab-clemson game tonight? should be a good one. I am calling it now and saying uab will win.
    I think it will be a close game, but I think Clemson will win that one.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1001
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    clemson looking good so far but they may still blow this lead
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    JCane's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,958
    vCash:
    9075
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Are you just playing devil's advocate or do you really believe this?

    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-fizzles/45367

    Dude, A LOT of people watch NCAA basketball. College basketball is different that college football. People LOVE the little guy in the tournament, but they don't really watch them in football. If you really hate this tournament as you say you do, go find another thread to post in. There are plenty of them. You're in the minority here in this one.
    Get over it.

    People argue about Chad Henne on this site everyday in threads that support that bum. This is the IN-TER-NET. People debate and argue here all the time.

    And yeah, I do believe it. The tournament sucks. It has for years. Partly because there are too many teams and partly because there aren't any great teams anymore because the great players bounce after one year. That's easily a fact.

    Those ratings for the first round of the tournament last year were terrible. 3's? Even the World Series (baseball sucks remember) was capable of pulling 8's. Game three pulled a 6.7 and the Series overall had a 14 share. 3's? For a tournament that is so "great." That's pretty weak.

    Upsets, eh?

    Here's what you should do in the first round of your bracket.

    The #16 seed....ZERO chance at beating a #1 seed. In 104 matchups, the #1 is 104-0 against #16 seeds.

    #13 and #14 seeds only win 18% of first round matchups.

    In the second round, advance #1 seeds. #1 seeds win their first two games 88% of the time. Seeds lower than #12 in the second round DO NOT win. Only 6 out of 4-416 have ever won lol.

    Third round. Advance three (or more) #1 seeds into Elite Eight. 72% of #1 seeds advance into the 4th round (that's a higher percentage than #5 seeds who win a single game). Seeds lower than #11 DO NOT advance to the Elite Eight. 24 have made it to the Sweet 16, but only 1 has ever advanced. Great odds for the little guy.

    Only TWO of the 104 teams to get to the Final Four have been lower than an eight seed.

    The Final Four has included exactly one or two #1 seeds 21 of the last 26 years (meaning that only 5 times on 26 years has there been either zero, three, or four number one seeds).

    For 22 straight years the champion has been a #4 seed or better!

    About the only real "upset" you can point to is that #9 seeds beat the #8 seeds 54% of the time.

    Man, that little guy has incredible chances. Keep believing that they do though.

    LET'S GO WOFFORD TERRIERS!

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Official NCAA Tournament Thread
    By COphinphan89 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 03:13 PM
  2. *** Official Mens 2010 NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread***
    By Ricky_Fan34 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 287
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 12:37 PM
  3. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 03:23 PM
  4. NCAA Football tournament!
    By Skeet84 in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 04:02 PM
  5. NCAA Tournament Pickem
    By iceblizzard69 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 09:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •