Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official NCAA Football 12 Thread***

1. -1
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks

***Official NCAA Football 12 Thread***

Well, I'm starting to get that itch for the newest football game to come out, and this year, it looks so far like NCAA football 12 will be a home run. Today the first screenshot and video was released, and I have to say, It look spectacular. I've been calling for legitimate grass and for divets to be made in the turf as players run as well as chunks of turf flying off of players' cleats as they run. Well, NCAA is taking the big step and has finally done it. It looks fantastic. NCAA 11 was amazing, but I have the feeling NCAA 12 is going to be twice as good. Can't wait for July 12!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...l-12-game.html

Also, here is the link to vote for who should be on the cover, if you're interested.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...-12-cover.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Damn that looks good.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    Damn that looks good.
    yeah I'm pretty pumped about it. Don't know if I'll even buy madden this year. I normally buy both, but after last year, I'm beginning to think madden is truly a huge waste of money. NCAA is where it's at.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. Why does Lamar Miller have dreads?

2. How the hell did Ben Jones get on the field?

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    1. Why does Lamar Miller have dreads?

2. How the hell did Ben Jones get on the field?
    rest assured, it's a work in progress. I mean ****, Ben Jones on the field... unheard of.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i cant wait for this game, im glad i listened to some of the members here last year and bought it late, imo it def has passed up madden and was the best football game ive played in ages
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Biello View Post
    i cant wait for this game, im glad i listened to some of the members here last year and bought it late, imo it def has passed up madden and was the best football game ive played in ages
    No doubt. I typically don't buy NCAA, but I did last year for NCAA 11, and I'm not convinced on whether or not I'll even purchase Madden this year. NCAA is just an overall better product all around.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    yeah I'm pretty pumped about it. Don't know if I'll even buy madden this year. I normally buy both, but after last year, I'm beginning to think madden is truly a huge waste of money. NCAA is where it's at.
    I agree with you there. I always passed over the NCAA games for madden. But last years Madden really turned me off so I broke down and played NCAA and needless to say I think it is the better game. My 60.00 will be going to NCAA until the Madden franchise makes improvements to make it a more complete game.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    I agree with you there. I always passed over the NCAA games for madden. But last years Madden really turned me off so I broke down and played NCAA and needless to say I think it is the better game. My 60.00 will be going to NCAA until the Madden franchise makes improvements to make it a more complete game.
    I got both last year, but like I said, Madden is just an overall much worse game. How is it that Madden has yet to add the flags on top of the field goal posts? NCAA has had those for years now.

I also thought that last year, Madden was just too dumbed down. Gameflow was a terrible idea and ultimate team is stupid IMO. There was now real improvements to the actual game play, and it was really just too easy to the point that it was boring. I want it to be tough to make the playoffs in franchise mode. I want it to be difficult to keep all of your free agents. I want to have to negotiate deals with players. I want players to sometimes misbehave off field, earning suspensions, fines, or whatever seems fit in my eyes. Madden just lacks the depth that I want. Also, the NFL Draft shouldn't be so easy. It is waaaayyyyy to easy to find a good prospect anywhere you pick, in any round. I will end my rant after 1 more point... the OC, DC, and ST coaches should actually matter. They should influence the way that unit plays, and depending on how good of a coach they are, player should excel or regress.

One more thing before I quit bitching about this... It should be like NCAA dynasty mode where you are the coach and can leave your team at any time, or likewise, be fired after being a disappointment and not meeting expectations. Furthermore, attendance levels should drop when you aren't winning, just as they should rise if you are.

Sorry to continue the rant, but furthermore, defense needs to matter again. I found in Madden 11 that defense was simply atrocious. Offensively, I could do whatever I wanted. Defensively however, it was a different story. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, offense will prevail. Defense needs to be the focus. Good defense should be able to win games. I'm tired of seeing 49-45 games every time I play. What happened to 14-10, 17-13, 24-17, etc?

Finally, make weather matter! If it is blowing 30 MPH out there, you will likely run the ball more. If it is snowing, footing should deteriorate quickly and so should the field conditions. Same with rain. Why not have in game weather changes? Sunny to overcast to rainy? Also, why doesn't snow/rain accumulate? It ends the game with the same level it started with. It needs to matter if its snowing heavy or if it's just flurries. Why is it that it doesn't change?

Needless to say, these games frustrate the hell out of me. So many simply things they could do to make it better. Instead, they are more worried about player specific cleats and breast cancer awareness month gear. I'll tell you one thing, when 2k gets the license back, I will be promptly switching to them.

Again, sorry about the rant. This **** pisses me off if you can't tell.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.operationsports.com/news/...husker-y-post/

EA has been revealing 25 news plays that they're adding to NCAA 12. None of them look too ground breaking, but it's good to see they are expanding the playbook.
    Quote Quote