Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ***Official NCAA Football 12 Thread***

1. -41
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I went to the midnight release and got the game, and I gotta say, I have mixed feelings about it. For example, there are way too many interceptions in my opinion. I rarely ever see a defensive back drop an interception, which just isn't realistic. Guys always drop interceptions. I like that you can't just pass the ball at will and that scoring is more difficult, but I think they need to tweak the defender catching. For example, I threw an interception to a defensive end that jumped a route... how many defensive ends do you know of that jump routes and have the hands of a wide receiver?

Another problem I've been having is the throwing on the run. It's just horrible this year. I play as the Hurricanes and Jacory Harris is just atrocious when trying to throw a football on the run. I've had a Guy running wide open on crossing patterns in the end zone and Harris just unloads a horrendous pass even though he is simply rolling to his right... I realize that throwing on the run shouldn't be perfect, but most QB's can improvise a little and get off a reasonable pass.

I also think the QB releases are a bit slow. I never have any success on screen passes because of this. I try to dump the ball to the runningback on a screen and Harris will simply get pile drived into the ground because it takes him forever to get a ball off.

For now, those are really the only things I don't like about the game that I can think of. I will say, the game is a bit laggy, but so was NCAA 11. I really like the new tackling system and I also like the fact that defense matters more now. I just won a game 6-0 against Georgia Tech because of how well my defense played. All in all I think it's an excellent game, there are just a few areas that, IMO, need to be tweaked.

I started 0-3 in my dynasty but have rallied to 4-3 and first place in the coastal division of the ACC. I play on All-American and I do like that games are actually challenging now. In ncaa 11 I would just roll over my opponents on All-American.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Game is ****ing good. Better than last year. So far I've only played a couple exhibition games against friends, and Road to Glory. Road to Glory is much better so far, and I'm not even in college yet. We played like *** during the regular season of my senior year of high school, now we're in the state championship. Can't wait to try dynasty and the couple online dynasties I'm part of as soon as the named rosters get released.
    http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/13...e-for-xbox-360
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another problem I've noticed... the game will often cut to highlights while my team is lining up which gets very annoying. I also just had a play where I was on defense and the cpu called a screen pass. Well they threw the ball, and suddenly things started going in slow motion and it cut to a highlight... as a result, when things got back to normal, the cpu had a first and goal. After that I said **** it and quit playing.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Getting my copy in a bit, going to do groceries then stopping to get it...will let you know what I think
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Finally got the game, so far so good. Played a couple of exhibition games and I love the running game. Lamar Miller is beast!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And I've just discovered my first major glitch of the game! I just got done playing Auburn in my offline dynasty and I won the game 16-0. So I'm waiting for the game to take me to the menu where I can close out the game and move on to next week, but it never pops up. It just keeps showing infinite random shots of the stadium. So I have to bail out back to the dashboard. I don't want to replay the game, so I simulate to the next week, and lo and behold they simulate me having lost the game. Thanks EA!
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And now it just cut my game off because my game disc is "unreadable". This happens literally every year with every EA sports game I buy. It doesn't happen with any other game and it happened on my XBOX and now it happens on my 360. Had to know that hadn't changed.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    And now it just cut my game off because my game disc is "unreadable". This happens literally every year with every EA sports game I buy. It doesn't happen with any other game and it happened on my XBOX and now it happens on my 360. Had to know that hadn't changed.
    That's why I ditched the xbox. That **** happened from the beginning with my 360 so I said to hell with it and got a PS3 and have never had any system problems. I would reccomend you do the same if you're able to.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    And I've just discovered my first major glitch of the game! I just got done playing Auburn in my offline dynasty and I won the game 16-0. So I'm waiting for the game to take me to the menu where I can close out the game and move on to next week, but it never pops up. It just keeps showing infinite random shots of the stadium. So I have to bail out back to the dashboard. I don't want to replay the game, so I simulate to the next week, and lo and behold they simulate me having lost the game. Thanks EA!
    This has happened to me a few times, but all I have to do is simply hit start and the menu will come up. Not sure if that'll help, but that always works for me when that happens.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    im enjoying the game so far but i spend more time trying to find a team to play with than i do actually playing. i love sampling all the rosters and stadiums. i actually find AA to be more difficult than in years past, which i think is a welcome change. i have seen an increase in interceptions, but my biggest issue right now is with the audio. i was expecting big things especially since they told us as much, but the levels of field noise and crowd is so low it sucks, even with the sliders all the way up.
    Quote Quote