Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: ***Official NCAA Football 12 Thread***

1. -61
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Biello View Post
    im enjoying this game, worked alot this week so i havent put in a ton of time yet though. i love the new tackles, and the catch animations so far though.
    I've started playing again and I'm having a bit more fun. There is just a lot of bull**** that happens in game that makes it very frustrating.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I just played the most dramatic XBOX football game of my entire life.

Dynasty mode, 2012 season. So I'm ranked #2 and I'm @Arkansas and my offense hasn't done **** all day. Been down 7-0 all game. Finally Jeff Driskel nails Jordan Reed in the back of the end zone with less that 2 minutes left to tie it up. Couple sacks and a punt later I have the ball again on the Arkansas 45 with 0:04 left. Hail Mary. Caught. Andre Debose. Touchdown. Game. 13-7.
    I just now had a game like this. I'm playing at Florida and I'm the Hurricanes of course. This is my season opener in my 3rd season. Naturally, I start the game and it's just a torrential down pour. I contemplate quitting right there and trying to get it to not rain, but for some reason, I don't. If it aint hell, I aint happy I guess haha.

Anyway, my offense, like yours, wasn't doing **** all game. Sloppy conditions, Florida had been up 7-0 most of the game and I simply could not catch a break on offense. On multiple occasions on 3rd down I'd have run the ball for a first and get called for holding. I finally got on the board in the 3rd quarter after kicking a field goal. 7-3, they punt and as my luck would have it, I muff the punt and recover at my own 1 yard line. I break open the drive with an 8 yard run and then complete a pass for about 15 yards. From there, I move down the field steadily until about the 44. I run into 4th and 13 and the 4th quarter has just begun. I'm too far away to kick a field goal, too close to punt, and I need points. I go for it, and miraculously convert. Later on that drive I'd kick another field goal.

This is where things get crazy. Florida's ensuing possession after the field goal to make it 7-6 stalls out. I'm thinking game over. There is only about 2 minutes left, so I'm set. Thing don't get off to a good start, and 1 holding call and a sack later, I'm looking at about a 4th and 22. ****. game over. I don't convert and Florida has just 1:40 on the clock to kill. I had only 1 timeout at this point. I say **** it and just bring the house on the first 2 downs. I get them to 3rd and 8. There is only about 30 seconds left now. ALL THEY HAVE TO DO TO WIN IS RUN THE BALL AND THE GAME IS OVER... but they don't. They go for a pass and my corner deflects it. This was at approximately their own 40. They punt the ball and I return it 14 yards to my own 34. 25 seconds. no timeouts. Game over right? Wrong. I just throw a prayer downfield to my speed receiver and amazingly, he's got 2 steps on the corner and there is no safety help over the top. I catch it and am pushed out of bounds at their 27 with 11 seconds left. I simply kick the field goal and go up 9-7, kickoff, and watch them attempt a hail mary.

Why they didn't just run the clock out is beyond me. It's not like I'm playing on freshman either, this is All-American. Whatever though, 1-0 looks a whole lot better than 0-1. I'll take it. Better lucky than good.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im not a great player by any stretch, so this comes with a grain of salt, but i cant get anything going online at all. really gotta sharpen up my user control as far as defending bombs, seems like they are the weapon of choice aling with screens thus far. im still experimenting with teams and styles which is part of my problem, but then thats when i have the most fun with the game.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Biello View Post
    Im not a great player by any stretch, so this comes with a grain of salt, but i cant get anything going online at all. really gotta sharpen up my user control as far as defending bombs, seems like they are the weapon of choice aling with screens thus far. im still experimenting with teams and styles which is part of my problem, but then thats when i have the most fun with the game.
    I would consider myself a skilled player, but in this year's edition I usually just let the cpu control my defensive backs in deep ball situations. In previous games, I always would switch and go for the user pick, with a pretty high success rate. However, in this year's game it is particularly tough and more often than not ends in a big play for the offense.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree about switching to defensive backs for user picks. They don't strife very good at all... And I have auto strife off. Given up more than a few big plays trying to get user picks. Of course, the CPU seemingly never catches gimme picks either. I just try to to switch to the DB at the last second to pick it off.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I added Clemson and Texas A&M to the SEC in my dynasty so they bumped the SEC schedule to 9 game. Add that to Miami and FSU on the non-conference portion and my schedules are death. But I think I'm gonna have to bump the difficulty setting from All-American up to Heisman. I'm already going 14-0 with a sophomore QB.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i used to love dynasty on the old gens but for some reason now i cannot get into it. i love the idea of building up a crappy program and what not, but for some reason i lose interest very quickly, i think it is the complexity of recruiting ( maybe just how i perceive it?) and the time it actually takes to run through the offseasons. maybe i am just impatient but ive become more of a play it now type. one thing i can note as a positive in about 15 games so far online i havent really run into much "cheese" or annoying gameplay tendencies. I CANNOT JPWEVER GET OVER THE LACK OF CROWD NOISE AND IMPACT ON THE GAME. any of you guys on ps3 can add me... XXfueledbyhateXX
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i've enjoyed it more this year than I have in awhile, but agree, the defense is still pretty weak when you let the cpu take over...i've had quick a few long TDs against me b/c my CB was out of position badly....
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    follow me at @moejo31

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ALABAMA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have the new Ncaa football 2012 on ps3
    hit me for a game
    keep in mind Ill play anyone
    my record is 10-16