Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: barry jackson...a great read on miami draft happenings

1. -1
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks

barry jackson...a great read on miami draft happenings

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/2...#ixzz1H6ya59OF

what the heck...a 3rd visit with colin kaepernick after his pro day
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm looking at that list of players and the interest we are showing and the whole thing reeks of a want to trade down to me...unless a top rated qb was to fall to them at #15

it completely says they are in trade down mode to me
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.W. GA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well,if we trade down,we trade down..i'm glad they're doing their homework on these QB's..i'm very curious to see which of these QB's we're gonna draft..
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The more I've watched Kaepernick, the more I just don't see him as a good pick until the 4th round. The loop in his delivery scares the hell out of me. He also looks like he is built very top heavy...thin legs. I just don't see him being as elusive a scrambler as much as just a pure runner once he escapes.

Maybe we're looking to see how much of a playbook he might be able to absorb or how coachable he might be. I would have loved to see him working with a QB coach to shorten his release, but I guess he didn't want to mess with that in the predraft process.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Selecting Kaepernick is the worst thing the Dolphins could do. I envision some team with an established QB looking to try ad develop a youngster may take him. For me, his slow delivery will preclude him from ever being a franchise QB.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Ayatollah of rock and rolla

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's going to be a feeding frenzy over Kaepernick at the top of the second round, imo. Though God knows why. My guess is that the Vikings win it. They loved Tebow last year and we all know Spielman is willing to be taken in a draft day trade. The runner up will get Andy Dalton... and also get a guy I don't particularly like.
    A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hopefully the third interview with Kaepernick is because they want to see that awful delivery once more. Hey if that's the case schedule as many interviews as necessary to remind them not to draft him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I no longer view Newton or Gabbert as realistic possibilities - the way this FO approaches the draft. Some would say that's a good thing. i just hope we end up with Mallett or Ponder. I feel pretty good about both of their chances - in the right environment.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All things are possible. The people that viewed this regime as too conservative to go out and get what they want, what they feel they need...probably still haven't gotten word yet that Brandon Marshall is a Miami Dolphin.

They're scheduling visits with the top QBs like Newton, Gabbert and Mallett for a reason. If they decide that one of them is going to be THE franchise, they could go out and get him. They could also decide that Christian Ponder is the goods, and go out and get him. That wouldn't necessarily be a "We can't afford Newton/Gabbert/Mallett" scenario. If you're a guy that cares very strongly about intangibles, intelligence, toughness, leadership, etc...you're a guy that loves what mobility can do for you at the quarterback position...you're a guy that cares about whether a guy has shown that he can make NFL reads and throw with NFL timing and anticipation, processing the field quickly pre-snap and post-snap...then you're probably a guy that thinks Christian Ponder is in all actuality the best quarterback in this Draft.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Has anyone studied which of the qb prospects is best on 3rd down and in the two minute drill?
    Quote Quote