Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Floyd to the Supplemental Draft?

1. -1
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

FH Michael Floyd to the Supplemental Draft?

Floyd was arrested early Sunday for DUI, giving him two alcohol-related arrests in the past 14 months. Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly announced in a Monday statement that Floyd has been suspended indefinitely from the program.

Kelly encouraged Floyd, a team captain, to “get his life in order” as he awaits further potential discipline from Notre Dame’s Office of Resident Life.

If Floyd’s suspension extends into the season or results in his expulsion, he could consider transferring to a lower-level, FCS school or begin training for the possibility that the NFL will hold a supplemental draft.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...chael-floyd-2/

I really like Michael Floyd as a WR. Ideal Measurable and athleticism and he is very much a difference maker on the field. As great as Golden Tate was in 2009 for the Irish, Michael Floyd stood out even more when both WR's were on the field. Michael Floyd also did major damage to a first round CB prospect Brandon Harris in the bowl game this past season.

Obviously a first is just about out of the question for any team to give up in the supplemental . . . what do you think his worth is . . . and if available, what 2012 draft pick would you like Miami to put a bid in on getting this kind of talent in the draft? First round talent, but the off the field stuff is very concerning. I'm thinking a 4th is where I would put my bid for Floyd.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think you'd get trumped on a 4th...i like him...i think his draft value this year would be 2nd round but i'd be interested in a 3rd rounder in 2012...absolutely

the alcohol stuff could hurt him but if its a pick in 2012 but you get the player in 2011 to help you i think someone would offer a 3rd easy...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    super high risk...super high potential reward, and I find it hard to believe a team like the Bengals, Browns, Panthers, Raiders or Lions will not come up with at least a 3rd rounder for him (a 2nd is out of the question due to the risks), so in my opinion, he might be out of our reach.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Works for me.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Contortionist: Language I: Intuition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Bc...cFcJcoyqt1u2zg
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i don't believe the risk is as high as people might think...the picks in 2012...this is "i would gladly pay you on tuesday for a hamburger today" scenario...i could see someone ponying up a 2nd rounder even in 2012...

provided there was even a supplemental draft
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    The risk is real high . . . he has a history of off the field stuff, and I believe this is his 3rd alcohol related problem on his record. I remember Jared Gaither being talked up as a first round pick in 2008 had he met academic requirements in Maryland . . . and he dropped down to the 5th round in the 2007 Supplemental Draft. I think if the Dolphins really wanted him, a 3rd could do it . . . a 4th maybe asking too much, though I don't know if I feel comfortable giving up a 3rd with all the issues surrounding this kid . . . but I would embrace that talent if we got our hands on him.

He should have came out in this draft anyways . . . he is still dealing with Jeffrey and Blackmon next year for starters, he cost himself some money by not entering this draft (though who knows with the lockout in full swing). He was the clear #3 WR if he came out.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm not so sure jeffrey is a better pro wr prospect than floyd..blackmon no argument there...the risk is you burn a 2012 3rd rounder for a guy who helps you in 2011??? to me thats not too risky...

if he stays in school in 2012 you won't get him in the 3rd round...at least i don't think so...even with the alcohol issues...unless it continues
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Michael Floyd is a nice prospect, but he was never really able to overshadow or outproduce Golden Tate even when he was healthy... Tate dominated when Floyd was on the field, but dominated even more when Floyd was out..

It's not only the repetitive alcohol related incidents that raise red flags, he also has durability concerns going back to his freshman year.. Last year was his only year playing a full season since he's been at Notre Dame..

Michael Floyd is legitimately talented and capable of dominating smaller DB's with his size and physicality... his body control and ability adjust to the football in the air would be virtually almost on par with A.J. Green in this draft class. The right team in desperate need of a #1 caliber receiver might be willing to come off as much as a 3rd round pick. I'd give it serious consideration IF he does indeed enter the supplemental draft and I thought I could get him for a 4th rounder in 2012.

He was always a better prospect than Jonathan Baldwin in my opinion, he should've entered the draft anyway.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On the field he's nothing short of a 1st round caliber wide receiver and has been since 2009.

But if he's an alcoholic, he's just another Koren Robinson.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    On the field he's nothing short of a 1st round caliber wide receiver and has been since 2009.

But if he's an alcoholic, he's just another Koren Robinson.
    ahhh...good example
    Quote Quote