Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins showing "significant interest" in Alabama RB Mark Ingram

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphins showing "significant interest" in Alabama RB Mark Ingram

A source tells Profootballtalk.com that the Dolphins, Giants, and Patriots are showing "significant interest" in Alabama RB Mark Ingram.
    The Dolphins worked out Ingram on Monday, and he may have workouts or visits set with the G-Men and Pats at later dates. In mock drafts, Ingram is widely sent to Miami as the team risks losing Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams to free agency. If the Fins don't bite on Ingram at No. 15 overall, it's possible he could fall deep into the 20s our out of the top 32 altogether.
    www.rotoworld.com
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here is a video collection of RBs in the draft to compare style:

http://www.cbssports.com/video/playe...gQXmrzeN29NofU
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd take the Giant's nineteenth and their second (52nd i think) for the chance to get him at 15...........

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No harm in doing all your homework. Could really see this as a Jared Odrick situation. Get a great offer to trade down, then grab the highest rated player still left on your board.

Seems to be very little chance of Ingram busting. So why not show interest in a solid and productive player?
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For once let's just identify the BPA at a position of need and go get him rather than trading back and crossing our fingers that our 2nd or 3rd choice might be there later.

Mallet and/or Ingram or bust
    AFC: **MIAMI DOLPHINS**
    NHL: *** BOSTON BRUINS***
    NBA: Boston Celtics
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why not show interest?? It's the darkest smokescreen in the NFL right now.

Nobody has a clue what the Dolphins are going to do. I seriously doubt if they really do either, but I would bet the farm that they aren't drafting a RB in the 1st round.

They will draft a couple in the mid or late rounds and make a move in the belated free agency period if necessary.

I really think they like either Sheets or Hilliard to compete for the #2 and #3 positions.

With about 30 RB's available in free agency this year, there won't be any problem filling the depth of your roster.

Dolphins are no where near as desperate as the media declares.

There is more and more talk of Ingram sliding right out of the 1st round because the Dolphins are the only team that appears really needy at the position. I have a huge problem with all the analysts talking about how the Dolphins are going to draft Ingram and every one is ignoring the charging Rhino.

What does all this mean?? It means that for the same reasons that Ingram may slide and the Dolphins are supposed to be interested, it also means that the Dolphins are going to have little competition when it comes to signing a free agent.

Who is going to get into a bidding war with the Dolphins for D.Williams or Bradshaw or Bush etc.?? Probably nobody.

There are ton of FA RB's out there this year. Ricky and Ronnie on the market as well just makes it easier for the Dolphins to sign whatever RB they like.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bpa this year or bust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Been saying it forever . . . Ingram just FITS what Miami is trying to do and they have a major need at the position. Whether they take him or not is another story . . . but you damn right they better be interested in him.

I think both the Giants and the Patriots interest is legit as well . . . but doesn't mean they will take him at their respective spots. I do believe this is the year New England will pull the trigger on guys they want, and Ingram is a guy I think they want.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    there's no bigger nightmare in this draft for us that i can think of than mark ingram a new england patriot...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    there's no bigger nightmare in this draft for us that i can think of than mark ingram a new england patriot...
    Yeh but didn't we get caught in that trap with Pat White? It was rumored we took him because we didn't want the pats to get him later in the second round?
    I hope this FO doesn't let "who may draft who" figure into their decision. I hope they take the BPA (as long as it is a RB or QB)
    Quote Quote