Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joined the Gym today.

1. -11
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am looking to put on a little muscle but I have been trying to get most of my protein through the food I eat. In the mornings, I eat a 4 egg omelet with only one yolk. I put mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and deli sliced turkey in it as well. That get me around 30 grams to start the day off.

That is the only thing that is the same every day. I eat a lot of white meat with the occasional red thrown in there too. Lots of veggies. When I eat turkey burgers or sandwiches, it's wheat or grain bread.

I have never tried soy milk. I will grab some this week when I go to the store and try it out.

Right now the whey I have is EAS brand from Sam's Club. I had been looking at that Gold Standard believe it or not. I think I am gonna grab it next time. You have me intrigued about the casein blend. Are those shakes you mentioned those pre mixed shakes or ones you make from the whey and soy milk?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They make casein protein mix that you can buy in tubs like the whey you buy at Sam's. But be warned, straight casein tastes AWFUL. That's why I buy a whey/casein blend. d-day turned me on to this stuff from xfmuscle.com. He said it was the best tasting stuff ever and he wasn't kidding. Literally incredible ****.

http://xfmuscle.com/product_info.php?products_id=11

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am gonna get me some of that. That would be great to take before bed as you said since it is slow releasing
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    thanks for the explo jcane,and also try gasparri myofusion.........awesome protein,i mix it with greek yogurt and granola..........
    Just about any day that you are hiking is A good day
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    I want a Bacon sandwich...........

wow 3000 posts........
    Last edited by ROADRUNNER; 04-03-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo 90 View Post
    thanks for the explo jcane,and also try gasparri myofusion.........awesome protein,i mix it with greek yogurt and granola..........
    I've heard good things about the Myofusion. I'm actually pretty surprised at the number of people who recommend it since I thought it was a very generic brand.

I was in a rush one day after I ran out of protein and needed some ASAP. Ran into the local grocery store and grabbed a $15 bottle of the EAS Soy Protein.

*barf*

I've had two scoops of that **** in about two weeks. Then again, I took it with regular 2% milk once and water the next. Both times it was just horrible. I'm on my last glass of Dymatize and I'm gonna go back to the EAS tomorrow until I can order some protein Friday. I just hope my soy milk makes the EAS tolerable.

And that bacon sandwich gave my eyeballs heartburn.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I've heard good things about the Myofusion. I'm actually pretty surprised at the number of people who recommend it since I thought it was a very generic brand.

I was in a rush one day after I ran out of protein and needed some ASAP. Ran into the local grocery store and grabbed a $15 bottle of the EAS Soy Protein.

*barf*

I've had two scoops of that **** in about two weeks. Then again, I took it with regular 2% milk once and water the next. Both times it was just horrible. I'm on my last glass of Dymatize and I'm gonna go back to the EAS tomorrow until I can order some protein Friday. I just hope my soy milk makes the EAS tolerable.

The EAS is pretty bad. It just doesn't mix very well is my biggest problem with it.

Man my calves are sore from running last night. It's been a while since I have did much running.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post

*barf*

i also like the oats and whey from optimum nutrition,i seem to get a really good burn off that brand
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So I lost ten pounds while doing P90X and Insanity. Since I joined the gym only a few days ago, (I have only been three times), I have lost three more pounds. All the cardio should pay off pretty quick. The way I got it figured, I think I need to drop close to 30 more pounds.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    great start wevie.......also just a tip from experience,dont forget to mix up your routine
    your body will adjust to your training and your results will drop off,besides it helps you from becoming bored and non motivated
    Quote Quote