Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Dolphins unlikely to draft Mark Ingram?

  1. -1
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    369
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Dolphins unlikely to draft Mark Ingram?

    That's what a CBS Sports report is claiming, that sources would be shocked to see the Dolphins take Mark Ingram. All the while, the Herald seems to be making a case for the Dolphins to draft Ingram.

    Here's the link to the article. Heres the key paragraph:

    The real news of the weekend, though, comes courtesy of CBS Sports draft analyst Rob Rang. Rang writes that "though sources throughout the league certainly recognize the Dolphins' need at running back, they'd be surprised if Miami took Ingram."


    If the Dolphins have a huge need at running back and Ingram is the best back available in the draft, why would the Dolphins pass on him? Two reasons - and most of you are well aware of both already. One, there's a sudden injury concern regarding the health of Ingram's knee and possibly an arthritic condition that could be a long-term issue. And two, drafting any running back in round one that isn't an elite talent (think Adrian Peterson, for example) might be a poor draft philosophy.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,091
    vCash:
    129016
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    So reports say Miami is unlikely to draft Ingram or Mallett. So, who exactly would these sources not be surprised to see us draft? Unless these reports are just smokescreens.

    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    369
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    So reports say Miami is unlikely to draft Ingram or Mallett. So, who exactly would these sources not be surprised to see us draft? Unless these reports are just smokescreens.
    hmmmm...good point. sure could be just smopkescreens.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,758
    vCash:
    5682
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    So reports say Miami is unlikely to draft Ingram or Mallett. So, who exactly would these sources not be surprised to see us draft? Unless these reports are just smokescreens.
    At this rate I would be surprised if Miami drafts anyone according to the so called "Experts".
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Adam First's Avatar
    Don't Hate Miami

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    6,893
    vCash:
    1443
    Loc:
    FIU - Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17PS4 ControllerDolphins Homer2013 Dolphins Logo
    Total smokescreens. Unless they plan on drafting Mike Pouncey, it'll be Ingram.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    rev kev's Avatar
    ihaveprettyfeet

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    8,080
    vCash:
    9508
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyZ81 View Post
    That's what a CBS Sports report is claiming, that sources would be shocked to see the Dolphins take Mark Ingram. All the while, the Herald seems to be making a case for the Dolphins to draft Ingram.

    Here's the link to the article. Heres the key paragraph:
    Big surprse...
    Dmitri Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Akronfinfan36's Avatar
    Please win another title before I die

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,882
    vCash:
    1789
    Loc:
    Akron, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Smokescreen or not...I truly hope we do not draft a RB in the first round. This league is full of 'very solid' to 'very good' RBs that were drafted in late rounds. Drafting Ingram would be a bad move IMO...which would not necessarily be something that is unusual for the Dolphins.
    "So much hate for the Jets and Pats, so little time." - Me

    "My mother used to say 'When you win, say very little. When you lose, say less.' "Bart Scott said too much today. When a team beats you twice, give them credit and go home." - Tony Dungy
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    VManis's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2003
    Posts:
    567
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be surprised if the Dolphins draft Mark Igram at 15 but I'd be more surprised if they told any reporter that they weren't going to draft him.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2006
    Posts:
    4,316
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Smokescreens??????? What are you thinking?

    Smokescreens are engineered by the team. These articles and sources were written by people and agencies who have nothing to do with the Dolphin organization.

    The sources were quoted as being from around the NFL.

    The reports may not be accurate, but to suggest they are smokescreens is laughable.

    Unless a RB is the whole package and without the hint of a red flag, he isn't going to be drafted in the first round anymore.

    Wake up and catch up with the times.

    Ingram is slow, everyone acknowledges that. He isn't the whole package, and his knee condition may not be a full blown red flag, but it is a longevity concern. Again, not the full package.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,091
    vCash:
    129016
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post
    Smokescreens??????? What are you thinking?

    Smokescreens are engineered by the team. These articles and sources were written by people and agencies who have nothing to do with the Dolphin organization.

    The sources were quoted as being from around the NFL.

    The reports may not be accurate, but to suggest they are smokescreens is laughable.

    Unless a RB is the whole package and without the hint of a red flag, he isn't going to be drafted in the first round anymore.

    Wake up and catch up with the times.

    Ingram is slow, everyone acknowledges that. He isn't the whole package, and his knee condition may not be a full blown red flag, but it is a longevity concern. Again, not the full package.
    Who do you think feeds these people and agencies their information? That is right, the buzz originates usually from the teams these people are covering.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 11:44 PM
  2. Mark Ingram in a Dolphins Uniform
    By Gladsadmad in forum Graphics Talk and Requests
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 09:41 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 11:08 PM
  4. mel kiper 1/19 mock draft mark ingram to miami
    By hooshoops in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 10:48 PM
  5. Barry Sanders Jr. says Mark Ingram Jr. is NFL draft bound
    By etsudolfan in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 10:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •