Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: Official Yankees Thread

  1. -1
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,609
    vCash:
    4651
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91

    Official Yankees Thread

    Might have to eventually rename this to the Official BobDole and tylerdolphin Discussion Thread, but hopefully there are other Yankee fans here.

    Colon is looking sharp tonight. Im thinking he could be this year's Aaron Small. And Jeter still cant get a ball out the infield.




    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,609
    vCash:
    4651
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Has Jeter hit a ball in the air yet for the year?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    BobDole's Avatar
    Paddy's Pub

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    6,969
    vCash:
    1179
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    colon and garcia have been a pleasant surprise. hughes is the head scratcher that has me worried he's going the way of wang. not good. nova and soriano are also scaring the hell out of me.

    i hate to say it but jeter looks done man. looks old out there - even more so than last season. posada can't seem to get a hit either - and gardner ... well ... needs to pick it up quick or he won't have a job real soon.


    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,609
    vCash:
    4651
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    colon and garcia have been a pleasant surprise. hughes is the head scratcher that has me worried he's going the way of wang. not good. nova and soriano are also scaring the hell out of me.

    i hate to say it but jeter looks done man. looks old out there - even more so than last season. posada can't seem to get a hit either - and gardner ... well ... needs to pick it up quick or he won't have a job real soon.
    I saw a stat on Posada that said he has by far the lowest batting average on balls in play of anyone in the MLB this year. That indicates that he has been very unlucky so far and will eventually trend towards the mean.

    I said in the offseason when they gave Jeter that big contract that they would regret it sooner rather than later. He has been done at short for a few years now. He has zero range. Now it looks like his bat is done too. You could see it coming though...the guy is old and coming off the worst statistical season of his long career. Thats not a coincidence. Players get old. The guy just cant lift a ball anymore. hes killed a million worms around home plate so far this year. We were dumb to give him that contract...no team was going to even come close to paying him that kind of money. We should have called his bluff.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    BobDole's Avatar
    Paddy's Pub

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    6,969
    vCash:
    1179
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I saw a stat on Posada that said he has by far the lowest batting average on balls in play of anyone in the MLB this year. That indicates that he has been very unlucky so far and will eventually trend towards the mean.

    I said in the offseason when they gave Jeter that big contract that they would regret it sooner rather than later. He has been done at short for a few years now. He has zero range. Now it looks like his bat is done too. You could see it coming though...the guy is old and coming off the worst statistical season of his long career. Thats not a coincidence. Players get old. The guy just cant lift a ball anymore. hes killed a million worms around home plate so far this year. We were dumb to give him that contract...no team was going to even come close to paying him that kind of money. We should have called his bluff.
    posada will come around. just needs some to adjust to not being an everyday catcher. it takes some time - he doesn't have me worried yet.

    it's so tough when someone like a derek jeter is on the outs and not ready to relinquish their 'king of the yankees' role. where would we be w/o his bat in the last umpteen post seasons? clutch as it gets in crunch time. i'm just glad we didn't give him the contract he was expecting. personally, i would hate to see him pushed out like mattingly was. love me some jeter - hope he can regain some of that former confidence - been playing some timid ball.

    i'm hoping we can move him to the outfield (i know) and keep him around a few more years. after all, he's not THAT old.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,609
    vCash:
    4651
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    posada will come around. just needs some to adjust to not being an everyday catcher. it takes some time - he doesn't have me worried yet.

    it's so tough when someone like a derek jeter is on the outs and not ready to relinquish their 'king of the yankees' role. where would we be w/o his bat in the last umpteen post seasons? clutch as it gets in crunch time. i'm just glad we didn't give him the contract he was expecting. personally, i would hate to see him pushed out like mattingly was. love me some jeter - hope he can regain some of that former confidence - been playing some timid ball.

    i'm hoping we can move him to the outfield (i know) and keep him around a few more years. after all, he's not THAT old.
    Up until about 07, the wasnt a better SS in the game. Until even last year he was still top 5 at least. I feel like he just dropped off a cliff the last two years though. Hes almost 37 and not many player stay productive even as long as he has. Its gonna be sad to watch if this year really is the catastrophic year that does him in. I feel bad for my youngest brother who is 12 and wasnt really watching Jeter in his prime. He really was incredible.

    Speaking of age though, when is Mo going to finally realize he is 100 and shouldnt be good anymore? i mean, its gonna happen someday, right?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    BobDole's Avatar
    Paddy's Pub

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    6,969
    vCash:
    1179
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Up until about 07, the wasnt a better SS in the game. Until even last year he was still top 5 at least. I feel like he just dropped off a cliff the last two years though. Hes almost 37 and not many player stay productive even as long as he has. Its gonna be sad to watch if this year really is the catastrophic year that does him in. I feel bad for my youngest brother who is 12 and wasnt really watching Jeter in his prime. He really was incredible.

    Speaking of age though, when is Mo going to finally realize he is 100 and shouldnt be good anymore? i mean, its gonna happen someday, right?
    man i hope that doesn't happen. but sometimes when its gone - its gone. just ask shaun alexander. i figured if ozzie smith could do it forever, then so could jetes. not looking so good right about now.

    that's the great thing about being a reliever - you can do it forever. i'm still waiting to see that cutter not have the same motion - not so much. but i do think i read somewhere last year that he would be hanging them up after this season. if he hasn't lost any motion or velocity by the time the season's over - i doubt he will though. you don't walk away from that kind of money when the goods are still fully intact. stupid barry sanders.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1033
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let's go Red Sox!!!








    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,609
    vCash:
    4651
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Damn Gardner, you fast!

    Nigga just turned what is a single for anyone else into a double. I didnt even dream he'd go for second.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    33,079
    vCash:
    37943
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    **** the yankees
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. ###Official New York Yankees Thread###
    By NY8123 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 04:35 PM
  2. The Official 2008 New York Yankees Thread
    By rdhstlr23 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 02:31 PM
  3. The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!
    By FinsNYanksFan13 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 2166
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 07:17 PM
  4. The Official Red Sox vs. Yankees bickering thread
    By PressCoverage in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 07:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •