Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bill Parcells

Hybrid View

1. -1
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bill Parcells

Parcells is a fraud! Talks with one hand acts with the other.
    FU Parcells.
    Chubbs
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm so sick of all the whining about Bill Parcells. He took a franchise that had no leadership, no direction, and a huge void in talent and provided stability, and direction, and built a fairly talented roster. His failure to find a franchise quarterback is a major blemish, but overall, I am grateful for the work he did in Miami. He didn't hit on all of his draft picks, but no one does. I think he has built the team into a solid, tough, young team that is on the right track. If the Dolphins can somehow find their franchise quarterback, you would be surprised how much better the talent Parcells assembled on this team looks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rickd13 View Post
    I'm so sick of all the whining about Bill Parcells. He took a franchise that had no leadership, no direction, and a huge void in talent and provided stability, and direction, and built a fairly talented roster. His failure to find a franchise quarterback is a major blemish, but overall, I am grateful for the work he did in Miami. He didn't hit on all of his draft picks, but no one does. I think he has built the team into a solid, tough, young team that is on the right track. If the Dolphins can somehow find their franchise quarterback, you would be surprised how much better the talent Parcells assembled on this team looks.
    A
    fairly talented roster
    = Good enough to win a few but not going to get you far. Ya now that you mention it, thats the Fins.

Why oh why didnt Huizenga just let him go to the Falcons.
    Chubbs
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    He did what he is known for, he turend around an awful franchise(at the time) and made them respectable but left before he could finish the job. He did the same the thing in NE, w/ NYJ and in Dallas. He also turned around the Giants but he won 2 SBs b/c George Young was picking the players not BP. He's an all-time great coach but a mediocre GM type.

Quote Originally Posted by VaFinsFan84 View Post
    I just hate to see him get credit on ESPN for all of these great football turnarounds and they include the dolphins... one winning season and parcells running with the money is hardly considered a turnaround... He hasnt done anything relevant in a long time.
    He deserves credit for the turnarounds, he DID turn around Miami but he didn't finish the job. How quickly people forget, you guys were 1-15 the year before and hadn't been a true playoff contender since 2002 and hadn't been in a playoff game since 2001. he deserves credit for helping turn Miami into a decent team. if people expected him to build a champion their expectations were far too high, I explained that at the time. The only time he has won big is when he was coaching and not picking players, it was unrealistic to expect him to build a champion in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    I'm just angry he left the project unfinished. He bailed when he thought the ship was sinking. It was a ***** move to try and protect his reputation. Instead of staying and attacking the problem, he ditched all his friends and essentially said good luck.

I have no problem with the roster he built, my problem is with him going out the way he did. Lost a lot of respect for him.
    You should have expected it. That is what he has done everywhere. This is a man who won the SB in jan of '87 and tried to leave the Giants. If it was up to him he would have been the falcons HC after that season. He was talking w/ the Jets while preparing for a SB w/ NE, he left the Jets after just 3 years and cost us Bill Belichick in the process, he jilted TB TWICE and he walked out on Dallas as they looked ready to be a SB contender. This is who he is and has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Bill didn't do one damn thing for this organization. I also laugh at those of you who think he was the reason we went from being a 1-15 team to an 11-5 team. All Bill did with Miami was collect a fat paycheck and make bad personnel decisions. Good riddance Bill.
    He was the biggest reason Miami went from 1-15 to 11-5. They were going to improve regardless but getting to 11-5 and winning the division was b/c of BP. Sparano and Ireland did good jobs and he brought them in and he signed Pennington who was the most important piece on the field.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its kinda hard not to improve from 1-15. He did little IMO and the team is as consistent at winning at the rest of the decade
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Its kinda hard not to improve from 1-15. He did little IMO and the team is as consistent at winning at the rest of the decade
    Of course you had nowhere to go but up but going from 1 win to 11 wins and a div title is better than just improving.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Do you watch the Dolphins play? Our gameday coaching and clock management? Guess what we have no leadership! This regime is no better except they have failed the worst with FA failures like Gerbil, Grove, Smiley, Wilford, Green, etc. Not to mention just as many draft failures and question marks.

The Parcells era is like a chicken with its head cut off. No one knew who was truly calling the shots, no on was held accountable.

You are sick of fans hating on Parcells. Well I am sick of HOMERS defending him! This is the 4th year we have no QB, 3 out of 5 spots on the oline are question marks, no play maker at te, no kr/pr returner, no quality at RB, and no speed at WR, our safety play is suspect and have up big plays and key first downs all season long. You know what he built us? A 1-7 team at home, that collapses down the stretch, and loses to 3 of the worst teams of the last decade!

Great be happy with kind of good or mediocre! Real fans aren't and it passes us off to watch this fat fraud cash is 10+ million dollars then cut in run when the fruit if his labor turns bad!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    You are sick of fans hating on Parcells. Well I am sick of HOMERS defending him! This is the 4th year we have no QB, 3 out of 5 spots on the oline are question marks, no play maker at te, no kr/pr returner, no quality at RB, and no speed at WR, our safety play is suspect and have up big plays and key first downs all season long. You know what he built us? A 1-7 team at home, that collapses down the stretch, and loses to 3 of the worst teams of the last decade!

Great be happy with kind of good or mediocre! Real fans aren't and it passes us off to watch this fat fraud cash is 10+ million dollars then cut in run when the fruit if his labor turns bad!
    I think Parcells did what he thought was right to try and get our team corrected. It is hit or miss and i wonder if he could go back and get a do-over if he would still put Sparano in the head coaching position. Real fan eh? I am guessing YOU speak for all the real fans? Pretty funny post. We are all real fans, we just have different opinions. I don't harbor an ill will towards Parcells, and he wouldn't be invited to do a 1.5 hr long program if he wasn't considered one of the intelligent people in NFL circles. Show me someone who has had it go right every time and i'll kiss your ***. Whether or not you think he is any good is of no matter, it seems to me that folks in NFL circles hold him in high regard, and that holds a bit more water, i think, with the average football fan.

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnPhinfan View Post
    I think Parcells did what he thought was right to try and get our team corrected. It is hit or miss and i wonder if he could go back and get a do-over if he would still put Sparano in the head coaching position. Real fan eh? I am guessing YOU speak for all the real fans? Pretty funny post. We are all real fans, we just have different opinions. I don't harbor an ill will towards Parcells, and he wouldn't be invited to do a 1.5 hr long program if he wasn't considered one of the intelligent people in NFL circles. Show me someone who has had it go right every time and i'll kiss your ***. Whether or not you think he is any good is of no matter, it seems to me that folks in NFL circles hold him in high regard, and that holds a bit more water, i think, with the average football fan.
    Parcells is a ****ing joke! Did you watch that program? Did you see how arrogant and pompous he was? My phone has been blowing up nonstop, with comments about no wonder you guys falter look at him. All it proves is people are sheep! Guy has been falling flat on his face drafting since Dallas and people still listen to him.

1. He wanted Spears over Ware.
    2. Barbie Carpenter
    3. Long over Ryan
    4. Merling
    5. Henne
    6. Pat White
    7. Pat Turner
    8. Jared Paper Mache Ordick

These are all high picks he is missing on. His ego just never allows him to adapt which is why he has no real success calling the shots and ultimately quits before he is exposed.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Parcells is a ****ing joke! Did you watch that program? Did you see how arrogant and pompous he was? My phone has been blowing up nonstop, with comments about no wonder you guys falter look at him. All it proves is people are sheep! Guy has been falling flat on his face drafting since Dallas and people still listen to him.

1. He wanted Spears over Ware.
    2. Barbie Carpenter
    3. Long over Ryan
    4. Merling
    5. Henne
    6. Pat White
    7. Pat Turner
    8. Jared Paper Mache Ordick

These are all high picks he is missing on. His ego just never allows him to adapt which is why he has no real success calling the shots and ultimately quits before he is exposed.

After seeing that comment about Odrick, tells me all I need to know about you. Just plain ignorant. You have the audacity to make a stupid comment like that and imply that Odrick is a bust because he had a broken bone in his leg during his rookie season? Yea, he is a bust already and he is injury prone based on one season. The Dolphins should just cut him now. Please.
    Quote Quote