Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: Bill Parcells

  1. -1
    Chubby's Avatar
    SUPERFAN
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    6,859
    vCash:
    4710
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty

    Bill Parcells

    Parcells is a fraud! Talks with one hand acts with the other.
    FU Parcells.
    Chubbs
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!
    Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

    In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Scout Team
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    1,376
    vCash:
    7587
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    I'm so sick of all the whining about Bill Parcells. He took a franchise that had no leadership, no direction, and a huge void in talent and provided stability, and direction, and built a fairly talented roster. His failure to find a franchise quarterback is a major blemish, but overall, I am grateful for the work he did in Miami. He didn't hit on all of his draft picks, but no one does. I think he has built the team into a solid, tough, young team that is on the right track. If the Dolphins can somehow find their franchise quarterback, you would be surprised how much better the talent Parcells assembled on this team looks.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Chubby's Avatar
    SUPERFAN
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    6,859
    vCash:
    4710
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by rickd13 View Post
    I'm so sick of all the whining about Bill Parcells. He took a franchise that had no leadership, no direction, and a huge void in talent and provided stability, and direction, and built a fairly talented roster. His failure to find a franchise quarterback is a major blemish, but overall, I am grateful for the work he did in Miami. He didn't hit on all of his draft picks, but no one does. I think he has built the team into a solid, tough, young team that is on the right track. If the Dolphins can somehow find their franchise quarterback, you would be surprised how much better the talent Parcells assembled on this team looks.
    A
    fairly talented roster
    = Good enough to win a few but not going to get you far. Ya now that you mention it, thats the Fins.

    Why oh why didnt Huizenga just let him go to the Falcons.
    Chubbs
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    VaFinsFan84's Avatar
    Rookie
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    126
    vCash:
    1466
    Loc:
    Richmond VA
    I just hate to see him get credit on ESPN for all of these great football turnarounds and they include the dolphins... one winning season and parcells running with the money is hardly considered a turnaround... He hasnt done anything relevant in a long time.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Ricky_Fan34's Avatar
    Suns and Fins superfan
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    4,804
    vCash:
    1198
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    I'm just angry he left the project unfinished. He bailed when he thought the ship was sinking. It was a ***** move to try and protect his reputation. Instead of staying and attacking the problem, he ditched all his friends and essentially said good luck.

    I have no problem with the roster he built, my problem is with him going out the way he did. Lost a lot of respect for him.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Waterlogged
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2010
    Posts:
    1,123
    vCash:
    1000
    I have no problem with him coming in and leaving. I have a problem with who he brought in and left us with, at GM.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Rookie
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    787
    vCash:
    5343
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roonnette View Post
    I have no problem with him coming in and leaving. I have a problem with who he brought in and left us with, at GM.
    Not nearly as bad as who he brought in, and left us with, at head coach.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    JerryD's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2009
    Posts:
    2,870
    vCash:
    20489
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    I'm just angry he left the project unfinished. He bailed when he thought the ship was sinking. It was a ***** move to try and protect his reputation. Instead of staying and attacking the problem, he ditched all his friends and essentially said good luck.

    I have no problem with the roster he built, my problem is with him going out the way he did. Lost a lot of respect for him.
    This

    He's a big talker. He did some good things ... but his achievements aren't even comparable to his talk.

    If you didn't know he ran Miami, you would never guess looking at the roster & coaches.

    On ESPN he made himself look like a know-it-all, who has it all figured out.

    Note .. Parcell's talked up QBs Newton & Dalton ... so will be fun to see if he's right. Wonder of Ireland agrees??




    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Roman529's Avatar
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    36,493
    vCash:
    18043
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17DeVante Parker's 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Bill didn't do one damn thing for this organization. I also laugh at those of you who think he was the reason we went from being a 1-15 team to an 11-5 team. All Bill did with Miami was collect a fat paycheck and make bad personnel decisions. Good riddance Bill.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Scout Team
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    1,376
    vCash:
    7587
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    This

    He's a big talker. He did some good things ... but his achievements aren't even comparable to his talk.

    If you didn't know he ran Miami, you would never guess looking at the roster & coaches.

    On ESPN he made himself look like a know-it-all, who has it all figured out.

    Note .. Parcell's talked up QBs Newton & Dalton ... so will be fun to see if he's right. Wonder of Ireland agrees??

    Big talker? He didn't say a word the whole time he was in Miami. I think everyone takes what the media says about him and attributes it to him talking about himself. I have NEVER heard him brag "about" his accomplishments. As a matter of fact, I heard him question his own decision to not take Matt Ryan with the first pick, and he blamed himself for the Pat White pick. How does that make him a big talker? Parcells is one of the most respected people in all of the NFL. Whether you want to admit it or not he turned four franchises around,(Giants, Patriots, Jets, and Cowboys) while he was there, and I believe, set the Dolphins on the right course. People forget how bad the state of those franchises were before he got there.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. thank you, bill parcells.
    By thecoordinator in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 10:29 PM
  2. Hey Bill Parcells I got something to tell you!!!
    By Fin_Frenzy_84 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 01:39 AM
  3. Where is Bill Parcells???
    By fin-atic in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 04:29 PM
  4. Bill Parcells
    By finfan66 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 04:08 PM
  5. Bill Parcells
    By Newyork2050 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 11:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •