Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Parcells

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VaFinsFan84 View Post
    I just hate to see him get credit on ESPN for all of these great football turnarounds and they include the dolphins... one winning season and parcells running with the money is hardly considered a turnaround... He hasnt done anything relevant in a long time.
    Ummmm it WAS a great turn around. No other way to look at it really. It's considered the greatest franchise turn around in NFL history. From 1 win to 11 wins in ONE season. Folks here are ungrateful. Get over it guys.

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roonnette View Post
    I have no problem with him coming in and leaving. I have a problem with who he brought in and left us with, at GM.
    It's funny you say that because he has been relatively successful at our drafts. He's also finally gotten rid of some parts that were stinking up the place. (Ted Ginn/Jason Allen)

Really, i'd like to see some proof - tangible proof of your point. Let me know of players in FA that we have let go that have gone on to become super stars. Donald Thomas, yeh? No. Justin Smiley? Nope. Ted Ginn? Nope.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnPhinfan View Post
    It's funny you say that because he has been relatively successful at our drafts. He's also finally gotten rid of some parts that were stinking up the place. (Ted Ginn/Jason Allen)

Really, i'd like to see some proof - tangible proof of your point. Let me know of players in FA that we have let go that have gone on to become super stars. Donald Thomas, yeh? No. Justin Smiley? Nope. Ted Ginn? Nope.
    anyone bashing jeff Ireland before the upcoming draft is just drinking hatoraide.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rickd13 View Post
    I'm so sick of all the whining about Bill Parcells. He took a franchise that had no leadership, no direction, and a huge void in talent and provided stability, and direction, and built a fairly talented roster. His failure to find a franchise quarterback is a major blemish, but overall, I am grateful for the work he did in Miami. He didn't hit on all of his draft picks, but no one does. I think he has built the team into a solid, tough, young team that is on the right track. If the Dolphins can somehow find their franchise quarterback, you would be surprised how much better the talent Parcells assembled on this team looks.
    He did what he is known for, he turend around an awful franchise(at the time) and made them respectable but left before he could finish the job. He did the same the thing in NE, w/ NYJ and in Dallas. He also turned around the Giants but he won 2 SBs b/c George Young was picking the players not BP. He's an all-time great coach but a mediocre GM type.

Quote Originally Posted by VaFinsFan84 View Post
    I just hate to see him get credit on ESPN for all of these great football turnarounds and they include the dolphins... one winning season and parcells running with the money is hardly considered a turnaround... He hasnt done anything relevant in a long time.
    He deserves credit for the turnarounds, he DID turn around Miami but he didn't finish the job. How quickly people forget, you guys were 1-15 the year before and hadn't been a true playoff contender since 2002 and hadn't been in a playoff game since 2001. he deserves credit for helping turn Miami into a decent team. if people expected him to build a champion their expectations were far too high, I explained that at the time. The only time he has won big is when he was coaching and not picking players, it was unrealistic to expect him to build a champion in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    I'm just angry he left the project unfinished. He bailed when he thought the ship was sinking. It was a ***** move to try and protect his reputation. Instead of staying and attacking the problem, he ditched all his friends and essentially said good luck.

I have no problem with the roster he built, my problem is with him going out the way he did. Lost a lot of respect for him.
    You should have expected it. That is what he has done everywhere. This is a man who won the SB in jan of '87 and tried to leave the Giants. If it was up to him he would have been the falcons HC after that season. He was talking w/ the Jets while preparing for a SB w/ NE, he left the Jets after just 3 years and cost us Bill Belichick in the process, he jilted TB TWICE and he walked out on Dallas as they looked ready to be a SB contender. This is who he is and has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Bill didn't do one damn thing for this organization. I also laugh at those of you who think he was the reason we went from being a 1-15 team to an 11-5 team. All Bill did with Miami was collect a fat paycheck and make bad personnel decisions. Good riddance Bill.
    He was the biggest reason Miami went from 1-15 to 11-5. They were going to improve regardless but getting to 11-5 and winning the division was b/c of BP. Sparano and Ireland did good jobs and he brought them in and he signed Pennington who was the most important piece on the field.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    anyone bashing jeff Ireland before the upcoming draft is just drinking hatoraide.
    Anyone not bashing Ireland before the draft is just drinking Fanboieraide sorry couldnt resist.
    Chubbs
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnPhinfan View Post
    Ummmm it WAS a great turn around. No other way to look at it really. It's considered the greatest franchise turn around in NFL history. From 1 win to 11 wins in ONE season. Folks here are ungrateful. Get over it guys.
    great turnaround then two back to back 7-9 seasons yay
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    ***** in the House!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the turnaround from 1-15 to 11-5 wasn't Bill Parcells. It was Chad Pennington falling in to our laps.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rickd13 View Post
    I'm so sick of all the whining about Bill Parcells. He took a franchise that had no leadership, no direction, and a huge void in talent and provided stability, and direction, and built a fairly talented roster. His failure to find a franchise quarterback is a major blemish, but overall, I am grateful for the work he did in Miami. He didn't hit on all of his draft picks, but no one does. I think he has built the team into a solid, tough, young team that is on the right track. If the Dolphins can somehow find their franchise quarterback, you would be surprised how much better the talent Parcells assembled on this team looks.
    Its kinda hard not to improve from 1-15. He did little IMO and the team is as consistent at winning at the rest of the decade
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So Parcells is supposed to get tons of credit for a single winning season, combined with an absolute thumping at home in the first round of the playoffs? Fine, but then he should also get tons of "credit" for his role in the subsequent two consecutive losing seasons (something that hadn't happened in Miami since the 1960s), to say nothing of this year's impending debacle.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    I'm just angry he left the project unfinished. He bailed when he thought the ship was sinking. It was a ***** move to try and protect his reputation. Instead of staying and attacking the problem, he ditched all his friends and essentially said good luck.

I have no problem with the roster he built, my problem is with him going out the way he did. Lost a lot of resYou nailewd pect for him.
    You nailed it Couldn't have said it better.
    Quote Quote