Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: Bill Parcells

  1. -41
    Built2Win's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    2,938
    vCash:
    2762
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so parcells year 4 blueprint has us on track for the super-bowel this year!?
    even though he left his legacy lives on how they do next season..
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,946
    vCash:
    7708
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Bottomline line is if the Jets or Patriots had this much drama we would all be laughing!

    The team is younger means nothing when you lack talent at QB, OG, C, TE, RB, KR/PR
    The D-line is better yes
    The Line Backers are revamped liability in pass coverage, and still have a ghost as a ILB
    The receiving corps is impoved couldn't get worse
    The secondary is coming along improving yes
    The team has more draft picks NO SECOND THIS YEAR NOT THAT WE HAVE GOOD LUCK IN THAT ROUND
    The team has more moneyno thanks to failure free agent signs and Bill taking his GOLDEN PARACHUTE
    The team is finding talent in more locations like the cowboys trash can?
    The team has had structure in place longer then it has in years not a chance after Harbaughgate Ireland back stabbing and terrible hiring on the offensive staff
    How can you possibly say the receiving cops couldn't get worse? Really? You have one of the best slot receivers in the league and one of the best on the outside over the past four seasons and they both managed to do that with Henne in the pocket. Yes it needs a speedster and that will also address the kick return problem.

    Incognito will do just fine at Center and would have been more then adequate playing guard if Henning had stopped pulling him on every rushing play. This line was banged up last season no doubt about it but they seem to be healthy this season. I have not idea what everyones beef with Fasano is, he is a solid TE, he was 8th in the league in yards per catch out of all TE's with over 20 receptions and manged to post respectable numbers in almost every category despite lack of throws his direction. Kick returner - Yes it is a need. Running backs are a dime a dozen and Ricky and Ronnie needed to go, end of story.

    Dansby more then filled a roll that was missing since Thomas, it's about time. Crowder is Crowder and they drafted a pass coverage LB but unfortunately he was injured what more could they do???

    No second round pick huummm let me think about this in 2006 we didn't have a 1st or 2nd at least in the last four years Miami has had at least 8 picks or more in every draft some years Miami managed to pick 5 time if they were lucky.

    The money for Bill has no implication on cap space so i could give a damn about a golden parachute, what I do care about is getting the books in order so there was space to go after agents like Dansby and Marshal and more room this season if they need to address RB and/or QB via agency, there have been seasons where Miami was handcuffed by the cap. All I know is that when the cap returns Miami is still in great shape.

    Like Cam Wake, Davone Bess, Tony McDaniel, Randy Starks etc...

    It over with and the way it was handled wasn't the best but like it or not Sparano and Ireland are there for a 4th year and that is as long as any coach since Shula which is exactly why Miami is in this mess in the first place, failure to replace Shula.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    FinsNCanes's Avatar
    9-7

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    6,627
    vCash:
    1310
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    and finished 7-9, if sweeping the Jets makes your season congrats buit 2009 was not a successful season for Miami.
    and on a Miami board at 11 am in the morning. Congrats, you're all alone.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    RockyMtnPhinfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,498
    vCash:
    1235
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    You are sick of fans hating on Parcells. Well I am sick of HOMERS defending him! This is the 4th year we have no QB, 3 out of 5 spots on the oline are question marks, no play maker at te, no kr/pr returner, no quality at RB, and no speed at WR, our safety play is suspect and have up big plays and key first downs all season long. You know what he built us? A 1-7 team at home, that collapses down the stretch, and loses to 3 of the worst teams of the last decade!

    Great be happy with kind of good or mediocre! Real fans aren't and it passes us off to watch this fat fraud cash is 10+ million dollars then cut in run when the fruit if his labor turns bad!
    I think Parcells did what he thought was right to try and get our team corrected. It is hit or miss and i wonder if he could go back and get a do-over if he would still put Sparano in the head coaching position. Real fan eh? I am guessing YOU speak for all the real fans? Pretty funny post. We are all real fans, we just have different opinions. I don't harbor an ill will towards Parcells, and he wouldn't be invited to do a 1.5 hr long program if he wasn't considered one of the intelligent people in NFL circles. Show me someone who has had it go right every time and i'll kiss your ***. Whether or not you think he is any good is of no matter, it seems to me that folks in NFL circles hold him in high regard, and that holds a bit more water, i think, with the average football fan.




    Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    flynryan15's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    12,573
    vCash:
    222
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    How can you possibly say the receiving cops couldn't get worse? Really? You have one of the best slot receivers in the league and one of the best on the outside over the past four seasons and they both managed to do that with Henne in the pocket. Yes it needs a speedster and that will also address the kick return problem.

    Incognito will do just fine at Center and would have been more then adequate playing guard if Henning had stopped pulling him on every rushing play. This line was banged up last season no doubt about it but they seem to be healthy this season. I have not idea what everyones beef with Fasano is, he is a solid TE, he was 8th in the league in yards per catch out of all TE's with over 20 receptions and manged to post respectable numbers in almost every category despite lack of throws his direction. Kick returner - Yes it is a need. Running backs are a dime a dozen and Ricky and Ronnie needed to go, end of story.

    Dansby more then filled a roll that was missing since Thomas, it's about time. Crowder is Crowder and they drafted a pass coverage LB but unfortunately he was injured what more could they do???

    No second round pick huummm let me think about this in 2006 we didn't have a 1st or 2nd at least in the last four years Miami has had at least 8 picks or more in every draft some years Miami managed to pick 5 time if they were lucky.

    The money for Bill has no implication on cap space so i could give a damn about a golden parachute, what I do care about is getting the books in order so there was space to go after agents like Dansby and Marshal and more room this season if they need to address RB and/or QB via agency, there have been seasons where Miami was handcuffed by the cap. All I know is that when the cap returns Miami is still in great shape.

    Like Cam Wake, Davone Bess, Tony McDaniel, Randy Starks etc...

    It over with and the way it was handled wasn't the best but like it or not Sparano and Ireland are there for a 4th year and that is as long as any coach since Shula which is exactly why Miami is in this mess in the first place, failure to replace Shula.
    I meant the WRs couldnt be much worse then when he got here.

    Shocking blame Henning for Incognito. Ever think all that pulling is a product of our oline guru and his ultra conservative offense?

    They killed just as much cap space as the cleared with their free agent blunders.


    Saying Ireland/Sparano has us in our best coach GM position since Shula is laughable. These 2 are nothing more then fruit from a poisonous tree. Product of the Bill Parcells good old boy network. Wanny had back to back 11-5 seasons and a playoff win. Which is then the fist pumping moron will ever accomplish.

    Let's just go ahead and fire up the excuse train for the 2011 failures!
    1. We can't blame Ireland the lockout ruined predraft free agency.
    2. How can Sparano get a fair shake with Henne as a QB.
    3. Daboll doesn't have the talent on offense.

    bla bla bla it just gets old we are the same mediocre crap Parcells built in Dallas
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    flynryan15's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    12,573
    vCash:
    222
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnPhinfan View Post
    I think Parcells did what he thought was right to try and get our team corrected. It is hit or miss and i wonder if he could go back and get a do-over if he would still put Sparano in the head coaching position. Real fan eh? I am guessing YOU speak for all the real fans? Pretty funny post. We are all real fans, we just have different opinions. I don't harbor an ill will towards Parcells, and he wouldn't be invited to do a 1.5 hr long program if he wasn't considered one of the intelligent people in NFL circles. Show me someone who has had it go right every time and i'll kiss your ***. Whether or not you think he is any good is of no matter, it seems to me that folks in NFL circles hold him in high regard, and that holds a bit more water, i think, with the average football fan.
    Parcells is a ****ing joke! Did you watch that program? Did you see how arrogant and pompous he was? My phone has been blowing up nonstop, with comments about no wonder you guys falter look at him. All it proves is people are sheep! Guy has been falling flat on his face drafting since Dallas and people still listen to him.

    1. He wanted Spears over Ware.
    2. Barbie Carpenter
    3. Long over Ryan
    4. Merling
    5. Henne
    6. Pat White
    7. Pat Turner
    8. Jared Paper Mache Ordick

    These are all high picks he is missing on. His ego just never allows him to adapt which is why he has no real success calling the shots and ultimately quits before he is exposed.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    979
    vCash:
    2386
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Do you watch the Dolphins play? Our gameday coaching and clock management? Guess what we have no leadership! This regime is no better except they have failed the worst with FA failures like Gerbil, Grove, Smiley, Wilford, Green, etc. Not to mention just as many draft failures and question marks.

    The Parcells era is like a chicken with its head cut off. No one knew who was truly calling the shots, no on was held accountable.

    You are sick of fans hating on Parcells. Well I am sick of HOMERS defending him! This is the 4th year we have no QB, 3 out of 5 spots on the oline are question marks, no play maker at te, no kr/pr returner, no quality at RB, and no speed at WR, our safety play is suspect and have up big plays and key first downs all season long. You know what he built us? A 1-7 team at home, that collapses down the stretch, and loses to 3 of the worst teams of the last decade!

    Great be happy with kind of good or mediocre! Real fans aren't and it passes us off to watch this fat fraud cash is 10+ million dollars then cut in run when the fruit if his labor turns bad!

    Don't try to lecture me about what you think I am content with. To me, every season is a failure unless you win the Super Bowl. I'm just saying that this team is a lot closer, talent wise, to being a Super Bowl caliber team than it was before he took over. The team has one of the best and deepest defensive lines in all of football. They have one of the best left tackles in the league. They have two young cornerbacks who are on the cusp of being elite. Parcells went out and signed an unknown linebacker from the Canadian football league, (Cameron Wake) who has turned into one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL. The front office signed one of the most versatile middle linebackers in the league (Karlos Dansby). You expect the front office to never make a mistake. Not a single front office in the whole NFL is perfect. You sight the free agent signings that were failures. So what? How did it hurt the franchise? They gambled on guys that they didn't have to give up draft picks to acquire, and signed them to contracts that wouldn't handicap the team with the salary cap if they had to cut ties with them. If the Dolphins find a franchise quarterback (the single hardest position to play in all of professional sports) they will be able to compete for a Super Bowl. Almost all of the other pieces are in place.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,911
    vCash:
    34325
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rickd13 View Post
    Don't try to lecture me about what you think I am content with. To me, every season is a failure unless you win the Super Bowl. I'm just saying that this team is a lot closer, talent wise, to being a Super Bowl caliber team than it was before he took over. The team has one of the best and deepest defensive lines in all of football. They have one of the best left tackles in the league. They have two young cornerbacks who are on the cusp of being elite. Parcells went out and signed an unknown linebacker from the Canadian football league, (Cameron Wake) who has turned into one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL. The front office signed one of the most versatile middle linebackers in the league (Karlos Dansby). You expect the front office to never make a mistake. Not a single front office in the whole NFL is perfect. You sight the free agent signings that were failures. So what? How did it hurt the franchise? They gambled on guys that they didn't have to give up draft picks to acquire, and signed them to contracts that wouldn't handicap the team with the salary cap if they had to cut ties with them. If the Dolphins find a franchise quarterback (the single hardest position to play in all of professional sports) they will be able to compete for a Super Bowl. Almost all of the other pieces are in place.
    any team should be closer to a superbowl than they were three years ago if thye were 1-15. we have improved from 1-15 to 7-9 in three years , not really that awesome
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    979
    vCash:
    2386
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Parcells is a ****ing joke! Did you watch that program? Did you see how arrogant and pompous he was? My phone has been blowing up nonstop, with comments about no wonder you guys falter look at him. All it proves is people are sheep! Guy has been falling flat on his face drafting since Dallas and people still listen to him.

    1. He wanted Spears over Ware.
    2. Barbie Carpenter
    3. Long over Ryan
    4. Merling
    5. Henne
    6. Pat White
    7. Pat Turner
    8. Jared Paper Mache Ordick

    These are all high picks he is missing on. His ego just never allows him to adapt which is why he has no real success calling the shots and ultimately quits before he is exposed.

    After seeing that comment about Odrick, tells me all I need to know about you. Just plain ignorant. You have the audacity to make a stupid comment like that and imply that Odrick is a bust because he had a broken bone in his leg during his rookie season? Yea, he is a bust already and he is injury prone based on one season. The Dolphins should just cut him now. Please.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    979
    vCash:
    2386
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    any team should be closer to a superbowl than they were three years ago if thye were 1-15. we have improved from 1-15 to 7-9 in three years , not really that awesome
    And why do you think that is? It is because the organization has failed to find a franchise quarterback. I am not letting Parcells off the hook for that. It is clearly his biggest downfall. He should be held accountable for that, but too many people on this board want to paint him as incompetent failure and that is just not true.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Bill Parcells - Say What You Will
    By NY8123 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 02:06 AM
  2. Bill Parcells
    By Keonxl in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 09:22 PM
  3. Bill Parcells...
    By dolpns13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 08:53 AM
  4. Bill Parcells says what we need!
    By MrEd in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 01:02 PM
  5. Bill Parcells....what do you think so far?
    By PhinPhan1227 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 11:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •