Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danny Watkins at OG over Pouncey!

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would say Watkins is definitely in play for us after trading down (and it's highly likely they trade down again - maybe out of the 1st round completely). Watkins is probably more in keeping with the sort of linemen they seem to go for than Pouncey. Just as versatile as Pouncey in that he can probably play right tackle as well as Pouncey can play center.

As for being 27, well Ireland isn't going to care much about that. Guards can play forever anyway
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i say this year if they go qb, it will be one daboll likes, look what he did with mccoy in cleveland
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I dunno, I think purely as a Guard I probably would rate Watkins over Pouncey. But the age figures into it.
    I like Watkins fine. I think he has a nice mean streak. I just don't see what REALLY separates him from Moffitt. I absolutely see what separates Pouncey. He plays just as strong as - if not stronger than - either, and he has that balance and athleticism that sets him apart.

I could be missing something. You, hoops, and Mayock speak very highly of Watkins. In what ways do you see him pulling ahead of Pouncey?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    for my money watkins has better feet and is a better athlete than moffitt...i have a 4th round grade on moffitt...i see a limited athlete personally...

watkins has powerful hands and sits down well with good knee bend in pass pro...powerful straight line run blocker as well ...terrific prospect...can find the target at the 2nd level and makes solid sustained contact...has a mean streak...consider he's only been playin football for like 4 years after trying his hand as a fire fighter and his wrestling background and this isn't a finished product...despite the age...if this kid was 22 he might be that rare exception for me with a top 20 interior player grade...versatile also...i think he can play some tackle but not great height or length for the position despite playing a mean left tackle at baylor

outstanding work in the senior bowl...i keyed him and was highly impressed...i'm hearing the patriots have major interest

i would to use a mayock term bang the table for danny watkins as a pro
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    times sure change dont they, saw this as a suggested thread at the bottom of the thread saying we had signed him
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    UCF
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And interesting that hoops mentioned in the previous post that he had a "mean streak" when one of the reasons given for why he got cut was his lack of mean streak. Hopefully it was the pressures of being a 1st round pick that negated that mean streak and he can regain some of that fire to prove himself again... especially with John Jerry getting thrown around last week.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Retnuhrace View Post
    And interesting that hoops mentioned in the previous post that he had a "mean streak" when one of the reasons given for why he got cut was his lack of mean streak. Hopefully it was the pressures of being a 1st round pick that negated that mean streak and he can regain some of that fire to prove himself again... especially with John Jerry getting thrown around last week.
    he had some fire to him at baylor...but this ones got me puzzled as to why he hasn't been a solid pro
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    he had some fire to him at baylor...but this ones got me puzzled as to why he hasn't been a solid pro
    I'll venture a guess, same reason Chris Weinke flamed out at Carolina. Older player is a man-among-boys and leadership comes easy.

Older player hits NFL and it's not called leadership, it called being an arsehole and everybody tunes him out.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    Back when he was released someone on ESPN commented that he lost that fire once he got paid. Money does that to some people.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know what the hell happened to him??? Honestly.....the guy looked great when he was coming out.
    ANGELOfinsFAN
    Quote Quote