Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: hooshoops coors light cold hard nfl draft day facts

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How did Miami screw it up hoops?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    interior oline with a top 15 pick is screw up...guess who else in the league has used a top 15 pick on interior oline in the last 10 years??? no one...we're the only ones...its bad value...this kid better be steve hutchinson or nick mangold or this sucks...end of story

and watching the way the board unfolded i think miami kind of panicked a bit...moving up into late round 2 for daniel thomas when the value at rb was headed to round 3 and 4 anyways...losing the 5th round pick which could have landed us a te in dj williams that fits like a glove the h back role...trading to 6ths for some reason to come up and get charles clay...meh

i do like daniel thomas the player...best feet on a big back in a draft no doubt...but let me present something to you

pouncey at #15...delone carter at #79 edmond gates at #111 dj williams in the 5th...thats pretty damn good

i just think we panicked a bit...and gave up that 5th when we didn't need to...i know why they did it but i don't agree with it...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and seattle...pete carroll must have been stoned when they put their board together...lmao
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    and seattle...pete carroll must have been stoned when they put their board together...lmao
    Their draft didn't seem to match any of their needs.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    interior oline with a top 15 pick is screw up...guess who else in the league has used a top 15 pick on interior oline in the last 10 years??? no one...we're the only ones...its bad value...this kid better be steve hutchinson or nick mangold or this sucks...end of story

and watching the way the board unfolded i think miami kind of panicked a bit...moving up into late round 2 for daniel thomas when the value at rb was headed to round 3 and 4 anyways...losing the 5th round pick which could have landed us a te in dj williams that fits like a glove the h back role...trading to 6ths for some reason to come up and get charles clay...meh

i do like daniel thomas the player...best feet on a big back in a draft no doubt...but let me present something to you

pouncey at #15...delone carter at #79 edmond gates at #111 dj williams in the 5th...thats pretty damn good

i just think we panicked a bit...and gave up that 5th when we didn't need to...i know why they did it but i don't agree with it...
    Dont like Delone Carter that much. I like Thomas much much better. Gates is a great pick and I rather have Clay than Williams.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertHorry View Post
    Dont like Delone Carter that much. I like Thomas much much better. Gates is a great pick and I rather have Clay than Williams.
    well then this draft was right up your alley...
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well then this draft was right up your alley...
    Yeah it was. I loved this draft. May be the only one on this board, but it was great to me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    is isn't so much that i love delone carter...i think he's solid...limited feet not much make you miss big downhill back...but i just wish we didn't give up that 5th...of course daniel thomas showed he can take a direct snap so i'm sure these guys that love the damn wildcat couldn't resist that

that probably put them over the edge...that and those ballerina feet of daniel thomas
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Ayatollah of rock and rolla

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertHorry View Post
    I also like Thomas better than Carter. Wasn't big on Carter -- didn't like his lateral agility, in particular -- and wouldn't have been very enthused to go into the season with him as the starter. I have my reservations about Thomas, as well, which I brought up in the Gates thread on the main forum. I'm going to watch the UCLA game tonight to get a better hold on him, though. I spent more of the time pre-draft looking at the quicker guys like Hunter, Powell, White and company.

In retrospect I should have known better.
    A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Steelers, Seahawks, and the 49ers. So 3 times in the past 10 years. Maybe 4 if you consider Robert Gallery, but he was selected to play tackle but failed and plays guard now.
    Quote Quote