I would be interested to see how people rank the dolphins priorities in the offseason and the best, most realistic way to go about addressing them:
1. O-line: Resign nails (better next season with ACL fully healed), sign John Tait, Draft Vernon Carey (or wait on a jacob rogers, michael munoz type)
2. WR: Sign Isaac Bruce or northcutt (bonus of kick returns and could take over the role mcknight played with our few trick/speed plays), Draft one of the plethora of good young receivers (woods, evans, clayton etc...)
3. QB: Keeping peyton out of this i think we draft one (maybe rivers if he is on the board at 20) or maybe wait til later rounds and go with one of the second tier guys. Either way i say we bring in Brunell for a year or two if the big ticket item isnt there for us (either FA or Draft)
4. DE only if ogun is gone: Not many options here, not too many late round draft picks that could help a little(Kalen Thornton maybe?), and no free agents we would waste our little bit of money on. If he leaves i expect it to be rotating DEs and hope they can do just enough to compliment taylor.
5. S - marion or freeman, take your pick. Can't waste a high draft pick on defense with our WR/OL/QB needs (maybe Dexter Reid in a later round) and i dont see a FA signing.
6. CB: Not many options out there in the draft, and i am really not high on the projected first rounders at this position. This is clearly not an immediate need, but we are not getting any younger there, and it would be nice to do that maybe in the later rounds or if we could restructure enough contracts to make a splash with one of the MANY top, young free agent corners out there.