Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Honestly, STFU already

1. -1
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks

Honestly, STFU already

I was pissed when we first made the pick, and then I realized a few things. Several teams were basically creaming themselves over the possibility of Pouncey sliding into the late teens and early 20's.

If 4 QB's were drafted in the first round (none named Mallett), obviously teams know something that we don't. Obviously this team has something else planned. We have 7 more picks in this draft, and with a solidified offensive line, we can finally address other needs.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    U cry about the $$$, we do the dirtywork

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Polk, La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Solidified O-line....with a guy that we don't even know what position he will play....I apologize if the pick doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me....
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Exactly how i fealt man. I think miami is gonna address the QB situation in FA. Though, I would like to see us dip in the 2nd round to pick up a RB (ryan williams) or a TE.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Classless Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How exactly do you know that teams were creaming themselves about the possibility of Pouncey slipping to them?

By the way, the teams who picked after us had:

Brady
    Rivers
    Peyton Manning
    Eli Manning
    Hasselbeck
    Cassel
    Freeman
    Flacco
    Cutler
    Sanchez
    Rodgers
    Roethislburger

So in other words, just because no one picked Mallet(or Dalton) after us doesn't mean that those teams knew "something". Four teams with shoe-in Hall of Famers, and there is quite a nice mix of quality Pro-Bowlers and promising young players(Freeman) in the mix. The only team you could make a case for that passed would be the Redskins, who have TWO 2nd round picks tomorrow. The Browns also pick 5th tomorrow and could get their guy there.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyFin7 View Post
    Solidified O-line....with a guy that we don't even know what position he will play....I apologize if the pick doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me....
    Pouncey played guard two years ago at Florida, which is his more natural position. He moved to center at Florida after his brother was drafted into the NFL. He will play guard in the NFL because he is an incredibly athletic lineman.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have supposedly now improved our offensive line. Whoever we draft in the third round will more then likely not be a impact player. 3rd rounders rarely are. For all intents and purposes, as we are doubtful to be heavy in free agency, our offseason is over.

Now: how much better is our football team? Is this team improved enough to take us from 7-9 to 11 or 12 wins?

If the answer is no: then i will not "stfu" yet.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    U cry about the $$$, we do the dirtywork

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Polk, La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    Pouncey played guard two years ago at Florida, which is his more natural position. He moved to center at Florida after his brother was drafted into the NFL. He will play guard in the NFL because he is an incredibly athletic lineman.
    hmmm....Ireland seems to think he's going to play C....well I'm sure eventually they'll find a place for him.

I hope it is C, god knows we cant draft guards for ****. We havn't failed at C yet...unless you count about 40 million in FA.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not for Miami.

Mike Pouncey will start out as a center. He is penciled in as a center on Ireland's depth chart. "He's big, he's tough, he's disciplined, he's smart. He's very athletic ... I can't say enough good things about the kid."
    Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...#ixzz1KtGcnVvT

And Pouncey stayed in college because he wanted to improve his game/position in the draft. He succeeded in one of those things. The other results were far more questionable.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ahh at first i wasnt too fond of the pick, but after an hour of coping with it I started to realize that this was for the best. This class wasnt so QB friendly to be honest (going by analyst rankings), and to fill a questionable need with a young questionable player would've been a** nine. I say bring in a veteran to battle with Henne and see where were at by gameday.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Several teams were basically creaming themselves over the possibility of Pouncey sliding into the late teens and early 20's.
    Soooo, how come the teams "creaming" over him wouldn't trade down to get him?
    Quote Quote