Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Network Mike Mayock

1. -1
    The Futures of the NFL

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

TV NFL Network Mike Mayock

I didn't wanna post this up since i didn't wanna add to the turmoil thats already taking place here in FH but i kept watching NFL network last night till about 2am and Mike mayock, Micheal lombardi, and so on were talking about how all the top coaches went out and drafted offensive lineman to protect their franchise qb. Mayock went on and used indy drafting costanzo to protect manning, then dallas drafting tyron smith for romo, NE taking solder for brady, philly taking watkins for vick, and chicago and green bay also drafted offensive line. Lombardi kept praising how important it is to have a strong line to protect your qb and running game, and then out of no where mike mayock threw a punchline at the dolphins saying "wait who do the dolphins have as qb?" while lombardi and all the other analysis couldnt help but just breakout laughing. I was so upset when i saw this as now for 2 years in a row we've been the laughing stock of the draft. Last year i remember them clowning us for the jared odrick pick and now this year their clowning us for the fact that we took an offensive lineman to protect who chad henne? cmon guys! henne's the only qb in the league that throws a pick on a check down play. Dont get me wrong offensive line was a need as it seems like its a need every year, and pouncey is a safe pick and he will fill a position we need but just like everyones tired of waiting so am i. I was optimistic coming into this draft that we would draft an explosive player without parcell in our war room and the fact that ross made it clear he wanted an "explosive offense" yeah explosive my *$$.. The only thing that made use more explosive with this pick is dan carpenter has better blocking to do what we do best as a team and thats kick some ******* field goals...
    1. Sign Mike Wallace
    2. Resign Smith, Hartline, Starks, & Fasano.
    3. Draft CB Rd. 1
    4. Draft FS & "Seam Threat" TE Rd. 2
    5. Draft WR & DE Rd. 3
    6. Draft LB

Hater's shake my hand, but i keep that sanitizer on DECK!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Suns and Fins superfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah I seen that too. It just enraged me even more that it seems everyone outside of the organization knows that these guys are a bunch of clowns. It's not just us that realize these guys are way to conservative, it's everyone. Infuriating that these guys settled for Pouncey. If they weren't taking a QB that's fine. Take Prince or Mark Ingram.

"But our interior line was horrendous last year!!!" Yes, that's very true, but people forget how valuable Nate Garner is to this team. Nate Garner was likely going to start at guard and help a tremendous amount. Even if he doesn't come back, guards can be had later in the draft or even in FA. I'm a big proponent of winning the battles in the trenches, but if you think the entire reason we were bad last year was because of a bad line you're kidding yourself. Good QBs overcome ****ty lines. Aaron Rodgers did it all year long last year and Ben Roethlisberger does it all the time.

If it was up to me, we would've taken Ryan Mallett last night at 15. I strongly believe in taking a chance on greatness. Clearly this front office does not. They would rather sit back in the 7-9 win range and settle by taking a solid guard who, in my mind, is living off his brothers reputation.

Now of course, if we somehow manage to snag Ryan Mallett at 79 or by trading up, I will be ecstatic. At the moment though, our outlook is very bleak with no 2nd round pick.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea the speak of Pouncey playing guard makes it sound even worse. Everyone knows you don't go guard in the 1st.

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Let's go and kill ourself..............so he's not eveyone's pick but he's a Dolphin now, so let's all get on board.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    See thread; "At least we're good for a laugh".
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we didn't take him someone would have done so in the 1st. Who cares. These guys make me laugh. If they were so good they would be making the hard decisions themselves. Their job is easy. They are not accountable for their million dollar mistakes. These guys are wrong a good 50 percent of the time. But their mistakes aren't life or death to an organization.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Outside USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    Yea the speak of Pouncey playing guard makes it sound even worse. Everyone knows you don't go guard in the 1st.
    pouncey will be the center.. he was the best pick at a position of need.

2010 Mike Iupati ( G) and m. Pouncey (C) were drafted first round.. and both were solid stars on the Oline...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well maybe just maybe..This regime has alot of confidence in Chad Henne?

If they think they can win with Chad Henne why not protect him?

If they think Pouncey can help him and the running game..why not draft him?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't trade down without a partner..., I think a trade down was the first choice it didn't materialize.

Why mortagage the future over these QBs when Luck and Barkley are superior?

There was not a reasonable ready QB in the first round even Cam who may be a franchsie type QB is not ready - Mallett will be available much later - maybe he will look at the millions he pissed away on character and actually re-calibrate... And be a playah

I know the backs will be happy that they won't get met in the backfield on the hand off
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Futures of the NFL

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER View Post
    Let's go and kill ourself..............so he's not eveyone's pick but he's a Dolphin now, so let's all get on board.
    Unfortunately i have no other choice but to get on board. I love my dolphins and i would probably never turn my back on them but as loyal fan how much crap can we actually put up with? Everyone is praising the day we get a new regime but honestly as the years have shown the next regime to come in here is probably gonna **** us over and next thing you know where rebuilding a whole new team...
    Quote Quote