Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Grade The 2011 Draft!

Voters
369. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

49 13.28%
  • B

210 56.91%
  • C

73 19.78%
  • D

24 6.50%
  • F

13 3.52%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade The 2011 Draft!

1. -71
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    I wouldn't bank on them still being there for long, this FO will probably throw them away as fast as they can on one of Palmer, Kolb or Orton.
    Don't be so sure about that .. not with a potential bonanza at QB in the 2012 draft ..
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    First off, Pouncey will be the center not a guard. He went were he has been projected to go for weeks, so he was not a reach.

Also, Thomas is not an average back, he went were most projected him to go and most draft "experts" think he is going to be pretty good. He put up big numbers at Kansas State and Pete Prisco predicted he is a 1,400 yard back in the NFL. Mike Mayock called him a gifted back and praised the pick. ESPN Fantasy Football columnist Christopher Harris predicts he will be the top fantasy rookie this upcoming season. Brian Billick compares him to Matt Forte and predicts big things. Though, I guess he is just average.
    Nubs...I like you...you always have a good positive outlook.
    But you don't take a center in the first rd unless he is the next Dwight Stevenson.
    Hell,Pouncy isn't even a Nick Mangold.
    I would have traded down to the bottom of the first and taken Mark Ingram....and please don't
    compare Thomas to Mark,then with the 2nd that our GM should have got,if he was competent,
    grab a guard then.
    Now,not having to trade away our 3rd,we could taken a chance on Mallett or another player.
    See,what chaps me off about our front office....is the draft was dictated by us not having a 2nd round
    pick because Jeff overpaid for Marshall....never should have given two 2's for him..a 2nd and a 4th should have done it.
    Denver would not have got that deal from anyone else...Jeff panicked.
    I've got a bad feeling they are going to do something stupid with some of our picks next year...causing the same
    problem in next years draft.
    It's just a silly incompetent cycle with these buffoons.
    It's Wanny all over again.
    I think some of these players will be good,I just don't see greatness.
    I've watched all most all of Pouncy's games...He isn't his brother.
    My Tide manhandled him...He isn't that strong or elite.
    Just the way i feel...been a Dolphin fan since 1970....this is getting old.

Oh yeah...Matt Forte is a average NFL back...I expect better.
    Last edited by Namor; 04-30-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    one question....just one...does this draft remove all doubt about this front office to you?
    yes or no.
    You shouldn't have to convince yourself.
    No draft is going to remove doubt from this FO/coaching staff. Doesn't mean I don't still feel it was a pretty good draft, and that the only thing I would consider a reach is the Pouncey pick even though I feel he'll make multiple pro bowls in his career. Gives the next regime, and hopeful franchise QB some good pieces to work with on the offensive side of the ball.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoevans7 View Post
    and edmond gates running a post-out in the slot OMG
    what is a post-out?

anyway...being completely fair, B would be an above avg draft and im not sure you can really say that compared to the rest of the league. at best this was an avg draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm positive & gave it a B, 15% rated it an A?? ... GROINK!!! Yet, on paper means nothing, BUT ...

Everyone is all crazy over the "Trees", but let's look at the "Forest" ....

Ireland has wrestled near absolute power & made some BOLD moves (yes, it takes balls to pick interior lineman #15 & then make a lot of trades for "YOUR GUY") ...

So, NOW we can JUDGE Ireland ... & he's the future of the Franchise much more than a QB or any other person (Tony was emasculated by Harbuagh-gate) ... Ireland also has Free Agency so his job is only 1/2 done this year ...

If Ireland chooses STUDs ... its just a matter of time before we're good, as he is picking needs.

If Ireland chooses DUDs ... freakanomics deja vu of the last decade.

Can't wait to find out ... we'll have a good idea in the last half of next season.

Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaldude View Post
    I'll give it a "B".

If we end up trading for Carson Palmer, then I'll give it an "A".
    I'm on that line, I say a "B+"...

But moreover than the name being Carlson Palmer, if the coming guy over performs Henne or pushes Henne into stardom this draft deserves an "A".
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Too all you Mallett babies, I will point you to the OSU game to see how he handles pressure up the middle. Pouncy is a top tier talent and graded very high, so he wasn't a reach.

D Thomas with a solid oline will be a nice fresh start from Ronnie IMO.

People really need to get over not drafting Ryan Leaf v2.0. The guy will be buried away through his rookie contract. Next year franchise QBs will be in abundance IMO. And with this talent should we need one, will make his transition easier.

Either way this season will be judgement day for the FO and Henne. And I do believe this team got better.

Solid B.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tennessee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think a solid B as well.If you dont think theirs a top notch QB to have a future with,then why draft one and waste the pick. Henne has shown potential at times,what he has to do is do it consistently ! So,put players around him and give him the possible chance to suceed, and maybe address a QB to back him up,compete with him in FA.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I feel B is fair, and those who are giving it a C is also fair. I just can't help but feel people are more concerned about who we DIDN'T draft rather than who we did.

Look, drafting Pouncey was lackluster, but it filled a need. He is a very good player and should be a very good player for us in the long run. I've said all a long I was not a huge fan. I felt better after seeing the rest of the first round (which was a meat and potatoes 1st round), and again, Pouncey should be an above average starter for us for the awhile..

Daniel Thomas isn't fast, but I feel people are looking too much at his workout numbers and not his play on the field. It was a solid pick, but again I feel people are more worried about us not taking Mallett. Thomas will contribute and fits with Daboll's philosophy.

Edmond Gates is a speed demon (who I have known about for months for the poster who said nobody knew about him before last night) who gives us that vertical threat we lack. Sure he is raw as a route runner, but when you have Bess, Marshall, and Hartline he doesn't need to be great at it. He just needs to catch and use his speed.

Charles Clay is an interesting pick. I didn't know much about him, but he is a name I kept in the back of my head thanks to CK and TedSlimm. He is a vertical threat at TE/FB/H-Back, and can be used to create several mismatches. Very Raw as a player, but with Fasano (and even Polite) he doesn't need to be a great blocker, just a threat in the open field.

Kearse I'm not committed either way. Nice project player that COULD develop into a backup NT, and in a 34 defense you can never have enough NTs in your camp.

The Montana pick I can't get behind cause of the depth we have at CB.

We filled needs at C, RB, WR, TE, and backup NT with guys with potential so I can't call it a failure. Aside from Pouncey and the 2 7th rounders everybody was begging for offensive playmakers and we got 3 potential playmakers for the offense. We just have to be patient.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a Jets fan, but I don't get why some of you guys are upset. You need a QB, but there wasn't one worth drafting at your position. Would you have rather done what the Titans and Vikings did? Pouncey and Thomas will be very good players and you'll soon be telling me how they're better than Mangold and Greene.
    Quote Quote