Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Grade The 2011 Draft!

Voters
369. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

49 13.28%
  • B

210 56.91%
  • C

73 19.78%
  • D

24 6.50%
  • F

13 3.52%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415

Thread: Grade The 2011 Draft!

1. -141
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The manner? Would it have been better to take Thomas at 15 and Pouncey in the 2nd round?
    It would have been better to not a take an OL in the first round when the real value was in the 3rd. It would have been better not to give up a 3rd, 5th and 7th when the strength of this draft was in the RB class and we could have got a comparable RB without mortgaging the house to get him.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -142
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    It would have been better to not a take an OL in the first round when the real value was in the 3rd. It would have been better not to give up a 3rd, 5th and 7th when the strength of this draft was in the RB class and we could have got a comparable RB without mortgaging the house to get him.
    Mortgaging the house? Dude it was a 5th and 7th round pick. lol.

Quote Quote  

3. -143
    Fins4life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    winter park fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as of now I would give the draft a B but i hope thomas can become a threat because we will need him to.

Here's hoping for the new look dolphins offense.
    Quote Quote  

4. -144
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    B or B-
    Quote Quote  

5. -145
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Why is it surprising that Dolphins fans give good scores on a Dolphins fan site? One would think there would be more A's and B's by default.

Regarding "89 percent give or team a C or above", that's just another way of saying that 89% of the fans didn't dislike the draft. That's quite a bit different than saying 89% of the fans out there liked the draft. As it stands, 68% of those that voted gave the draft a B or better (out of 305 votes). If an A is 4 points, a B is 3 points, a C is 2 points, a D is 1 point and an F is 0 points, the average vote so far is 2.68 points. That's not great and it's not terrible. I'd consider that average/above average (to this point).
    2.92 now.

Quote Quote  

6. -146
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nor.Cali
    Thanks / No Thanks
    GUD solid football players more hit Dan mise!! A
    DOMINATION & DEVASTATEION 72.:bling:
    Quote Quote  

7. -147
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WSE View Post
    pretty much agree with this yahoo rating

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl..._grades_050111

I dont care at all for the first two picks. Think we reached on both. After that I like Gates, but dont like picking a no position player like Clay. I like Williams story, but wished we actually adressed speed. I would of loved a pick of Noel Devine in the last round to get a kick returner once and for all.

We need to stop investing in the line. We suck at it and it is using all of our resources. Get players who could actually score the ball, an area we have neglected for years. Also, this running think is not going to win us anything. Its not 20 years ago.... we need a qb, we need a te, we need another running back, preferably one with speed who could catch out of the backfield. We need another wr. We have oh so many holes
    Yes - Yahoo nailed it.....

Grade: C-
    Analysis: The Dolphins started in a hole since they had already traded their second-round pick in the 2010 deal to get WR Brandon Marshall(notes) (a trade that is trending badly right now). But the Dolphins, a team in desperate need of team speed, then continued their trend of thinking offensive line almost to the exclusion of everything else. Mike Pouncey is certainly a good player and will be a terrific center or guard, but the Dolphins continue to pour resources into the line. After missing with the likes of Justin Smiley(notes) and Jake Grove(notes) in free agency, not to mention a handful of interior line draft picks, the Dolphins keep chasing their tail, neglecting speed at the skill positions. Thomas was a need (both Ronnie Brown(notes) and Ricky Williams(notes) are free agents), but he runs a 4.6 40 and required three draft picks for the team to get back into the second round. Fourth-round pick Gates can run, but he’s making a big jump in level of play.
    Quote Quote  

8. -148
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisiDressing View Post
    Yes - Yahoo nailed it.....

Grade: C-
    Analysis: The Dolphins started in a hole since they had already traded their second-round pick in the 2010 deal to get WR Brandon Marshall(notes) (a trade that is trending badly right now). But the Dolphins, a team in desperate need of team speed, then continued their trend of thinking offensive line almost to the exclusion of everything else. Mike Pouncey is certainly a good player and will be a terrific center or guard, but the Dolphins continue to pour resources into the line. After missing with the likes of Justin Smiley(notes) and Jake Grove(notes) in free agency, not to mention a handful of interior line draft picks, the Dolphins keep chasing their tail, neglecting speed at the skill positions. Thomas was a need (both Ronnie Brown(notes) and Ricky Williams(notes) are free agents), but he runs a 4.6 40 and required three draft picks for the team to get back into the second round. Fourth-round pick Gates can run, but he’s making a big jump in level of play.
    Bingo!!!!
    But some of you guys,keep on thinking this was a great/good draft.
    Bull crap...
    All I hear is "Hey we drafted for needs"
    This franchise has only two needs.
    (1)We NEED a QB
    (2) This regime NEEDS to be fired!!!!
    That's it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -149
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    United States
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    2.92 now.
    I doubt it was ever as high as 2.92.

49 X 4 + 207 X 3 + 73 X 2 + 24 X 1 + 13 X 0 = 196 + 621 + 146 + 24 + 0 = 987

987/366 = 2.70

I liked the players Miami selected, I just hate that the Dolphins passed on Mallett multiple times. That, IMO, is enough to knock the draft down to a D. Regardless of how Mallett turns out, if NE is able to trade Mallett 2-3 years from now for more than what they orginally spent on him, it's a win for them. This draft hinges on two players. Ryan Mallett & Daniel Thomas . . .
    Quote Quote  

10. -150
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    yeah, as soon as those teams went up for those guys, it was all over. It was just like Belichick said, this draft will go as the qb's go. It ended up screwing up his draft IMO. Nate Solder? You needed pass rusher, well all the other teams took your guys based on what i was hearing.
    the Patriots graded him as a top 10 prospect and the best tackle in the draft. Had NE not taken him the Colts or G-Men probably would have. Given their track record with developing olinemen and the need to upgrade the oline I trust them with this pick. My biggest gripe was trading the 28th pick when Cam Heyward was there. BB said the reason they didn't go front 7 was because of the young players they took the past few years (brace, cunningham and spikes). I trust their ability to develop young players, but I don't agree with that draft approach; I would have continued to add talent to the front 7. I gave NE a C right now, but had they taken Hewyward I'd have given it a B+/A. For Miami I'd give them a C
    Quote Quote