Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Grade The 2011 Draft!

Voters
369. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

49 13.28%
  • B

210 56.91%
  • C

73 19.78%
  • D

24 6.50%
  • F

13 3.52%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade The 2011 Draft!

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I gave it a C, not very impressed at all.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It sucked and I am disappointed
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    A-

We filled MOST of our needs....interior lineman, speed receiver, strong/physical runningback. PLUS we got a couple guys that can make an immediate impact on defense/special teams with the last couple picks. I love the fact the several of our draftees have a history of versatility, meaning they can play multi positions if needed.

I have a feeling we will bring in a veteran QB to compete or even take over the starting spot from Henne. Palmer, Orton, VY, and Kolb have all been mentioned. IMO, Orton would benefit from a change of scenery and would do well with Marshall and the rest of our receiving corps, which got a HUGE speed upgrade with Gates.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I gave it a c... Wasnt Really impressed but sky isnt falling either... wish we had picked up Yeates... OH Well...
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisiDressing View Post
    You give it an A when it leaves us looking for a vet stop-gap QB which you say you don't want?
    Never said that, don't put words into my mouth. And I'd rather sign a vet stop gap than draft one. Also, I have to pee, I might piss in your cheerios a little more if you'd like.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Proverbs 3:5-6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    B. I liked this draft. They played it smart. The OL now has the 3 1st round picks and 2 3rd round picks. That's a lot of talent. It's hard to ask for more than that on the OL. Daniel Thomas can come in and start making a name for himself right away at RB. We need a free agent next to him to help out while he gets his feet wet in the NFL. But Thomas could carry much of the load at RB.

Gates is the homerun WR we needed. He can return kicks as well. He could push Hartline for a starting WR spot as well.

Charles Clay is an interesting pick. He could end up being a playmaker on offense. He probably won't be ready to start anywhere this season. Fasano still has a hold on TE. But Clay has skills at TE and can run the ball. So he will be another weapon for the offense.

The late picks on defense are question marks. A big NT and a DB. The DB has personal issues in the past where he was charged with murder in a domestic dispute. That's awful, but he seems to be innocent and trying to get away from that turmoil. I don't know what will happen with those 7th round picks. But they'll compete. And who knows?

Overall, good draft. Made the most out of what you had. I would have liked to see at least one superstar on offense, but they played it safe. And you never know if Thomas or Gates will blow up and be something.
    Show me the playoffs. No excuses!
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would give this draft a A-. We drafted our needs, even though they weren't sexy picks. We got speed at WR, which we really could use. We got a good interior lineman along with what looks to be like a solid RB. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this draft.

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Given the missing second round pick, I give the draft a B-. I would have preferred taking the best player available, but the focus on offense will help the team a lot. Ireland and Sparano are clearly focused on short term success. It is hard to blame them, but it might end up hurting us in the long term. I gave them the B- minus for not reaching and for the Pouncey and Gates picks. I do not know enough about Thomas to comment.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its been the same way the previous draft have been ran by this FO, safe picks, staying away from speed etc. I have not liked how the previous drafts made by this FO have turned out so I expect the same from this, I hate the 2nd pick btw...
    Fire Dan Henning From the Miami Dolphins facebook page(soon to be Fire Jeff Ireland) (join it!): http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...64341396924028

How Philbin aka Mr. Mackey reacts when other coaches make in game adjustments:
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    F for **** this FO and their offensive philosophy.

Missed out on Mark Ingram only to trade away too many picks for a 2nd-3rd tier RB. Then watched the Redskins grab our #2 WR in Hankerson with our original selection.

The individual picks are solid but the big picture looks bleek. Not a lot to be happy about here. Still obviously going with a ground and pound 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. Gates has speed but will only be a 4th WR at best just like speedy Hartline.

We have the same offensive tools we always have the past few years to trudge down the field and settle for 3 points.

The one thing I am excited for in Miami... The Golden Era []_[]
    Quote Quote