Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Grade The 2011 Draft!

Voters
369. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

49 13.28%
  • B

210 56.91%
  • C

73 19.78%
  • D

24 6.50%
  • F

13 3.52%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade The 2011 Draft!

1. -31
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm pretty happy. Think free agency is where are other needs can definitely be filled. I really hope Mark Herzlich will be looked at as a possible UDFA when we are of course allowed to sign em.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    B-

We still need help and depth at the QB spot. I just hope we don't bring in an over-the-hill free agent QB, but we may have to as we decided not to draft a QB. Looks like another year of Henne.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    It is never fair to give a draft grade directly after the draft, you truly do need at least three years to really see how well they did.

With that said, it wasn't a "sexy" draft and simple minded fan will see they didn't draft a QB and instantly think this was a failure of the draft. For the rest though, we realize that solidified a lot of need areas with very good players with some of them being at the top of their respective position.

We needed interior line help, enter Pouncey. We needed a stud running back, enter Thomas. We needed a speed receiver to stretch the field and take pressure off of Marshall and Bess, enter Gates. They needed help at tight end and a player that can create mismatches, enter Clay. Wilson and Kearse were late 7th round picks, and the success or failure of this draft does not hinge on how well they do. Most of these late 7th round picks were brought in for depth, create competition or play on special teams.

Wasn't a "sexy" draft, but they accomplished exactly what they needed to do. They got GREAT value with most of their picks and refrained from the temptation of reaching and drafting one of the mediocre quarterbacks(not including Newtown and Gabbert) that went between the first and fourth round. Besides Newton and Gabbert(even those two have some big question marks) there was no real franchise quarterback to build around. Kaepernick is really the only one I would have considered as having true potential to be a star? The rest have big question marks and in the case of Mallett scary off the field issues. There just wasn't really a QB this year worth investing your entire franchise in. I understand the Dolphins still have an unsettled QB position, but you can expect them to be major players in the free agent/trade market. Palmer or Orton could potentially be on the Dolphins radar and would offer a much better instant impact than any of the rookies in this year's draft.

I hate to grade drafts, but since you asked I will give it a solid B+. They filled a lot of need areas with some very good talent. I am satisfied and can't wait for the start of the league year so we can go free agent shopping. This team isn't done yet, they just got started.

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HurriPhin View Post
    F for **** this FO and their offensive philosophy.

Missed out on Mark Ingram only to trade away too many picks for a 2nd-3rd tier RB. Then watched the Redskins grab our #2 WR in Hankerson with our original selection.

The individual picks are solid but the big picture looks bleek. Not a lot to be happy about here. Still obviously going with a ground and pound 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. Gates has speed but will only be a 4th WR at best just like speedy Hartline.

We have the same offensive tools we always have the past few years to trudge down the field and settle for 3 points.

The one thing I am excited for in Miami... The Golden Era []_[]
    The only thing I liked from this post.

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I gave it a C

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    C+ if Charles Clay pans out it's B- but the last two picks were priority free agents. why not take a chance on an semi elite player in Mark Herzlich? Everyone wants C Palmer but he just is not that good anymore.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HurriPhin View Post
    F for **** this FO and their offensive philosophy.

Missed out on Mark Ingram only to trade away too many picks for a 2nd-3rd tier RB. Then watched the Redskins grab our #2 WR in Hankerson with our original selection.

The individual picks are solid but the big picture looks bleek. Not a lot to be happy about here. Still obviously going with a ground and pound 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. Gates has speed but will only be a 4th WR at best just like speedy Hartline.

We have the same offensive tools we always have the past few years to trudge down the field and settle for 3 points.

The one thing I am excited for in Miami... The Golden Era []_[]
    Mark Ingram is not noticeably better than D. Thomas, from what I have seen. Again, in most cases, the OL makes the RB, not the other way around. Ingram would probably be no more effective than R. Brown with the 2011 OL. Pouncey + D. Thomas is probably a better deal than Ingram at 15. JMHO,
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mmikel30 View Post
    C+ if Charles Clay pans out it's B- but the last two picks were priority free agents. why not take a chance on an semi elite player in Mark Herzlich? Everyone wants C Palmer but he just is not that good anymore.
    Mark Herzlich went undrafted.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd give our draft a "SOLID B"!!!! And I really feel those that hated it......will be pleasantly surprised. And I also think that we'll be a player in free-agency when it finally commences. And I'm still not ready to shut the door on Henne yet. I truly believe that Henning was our problem. I absolutely "LOVE" the Pouncey/Thomas/and Gates picks!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    PHINZ4LIFE!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    TAMPA,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i give it a c- maybe even a d+ pouncey was the real only pick i really liked i thought we gave up way to much for thomas and gates is still learning the wr position. they say speed kills well see but i thought we could have got him later also and didnt need to trade up i really wanted a true te like d.j williams and we needed to draft anther speed rusher. a true saftey would have been nice also as for the rest of the picks let me just say im not thrilled i really would have liked taking mark herzlick with one of the last picks what a great story that guy is about never giving up a true warrior. p.s.s at the end of the draft they ratteld off a bunch of teams they thought had a great draft and to no surprise the dolphins did not come up in the conversation!!!!
    Quote Quote