Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok...Final Draft Thoughts!

1. -11
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Unlike the Pat Whites, Teddy Ginns and Shawn Murphys of the recent past, these are good players who will fill specific needs immediately. I don't think anyone can debate that. However, I fault this Regime for providence placing them in the position to do even better with or without burning 2 draft picks, and not seizing the opportunity.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hemidemon View Post
    It's true Matt Ryan is a franchise QB, but there were no frachise QBs in this draft. This was not the year to pick a QB.
    Thats your opinion, doesn't mean your right. Time will tell.

If Mallett takes over for Brady in a few years and beats us like a drum, it will not go unnoticed by everyone. And will certainly be a stain on Ireland's legacy.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Thats your opinion, doesn't mean your right. Time will tell.

If Mallett takes over for Brady in a few years and beats us like a drum, it will not go unnoticed by everyone. And will certainly be a stain on Ireland's legacy.
    I have no faith this regime would develop Mallet so I am not going to play the what if game on him. Honestly I am ok they didn't take a QB this year none really excited me and like I said a couple times before " do we really need a roster full of developmental or project QBs being developed by a QB coach with no experience?"
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hemidemon View Post
    It's true Matt Ryan is a franchise QB, but there were no frachise QBs in this draft. This was not the year to pick a QB.
    That's fine...don't get a QB...But don't overpay for a GUARD...
    Don't trade picks for a average RB.
    Don't say we won't take a chance on a QB with 1st rd talent
    in the third because of character concerns after we overpaid
    for a primadonna,wife beating psychopath wideout with known
    character issues.
    This isn't about a QB...It's about a incompetent front office that
    is still Parcells Jr...all the way down.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    I have no faith this regime would develop Mallet so I am not going to play the what if game on him. Honestly I am ok they didn't take a QB this year none really excited me and like I said a couple times before " do we really need a roster full of developmental or project QBs being developed by a QB coach with no experience?"
    Well if you are correct, then this regime shouldn't even be here.

I really think we have to go with the assumption that this regime knows how to coach in regards to drafting stradegy.
    Last edited by BlueFin; 05-01-2011 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Well if you are correct, then this regime shouldn't even be here.

I really think we have to go with the assumption that this regime knows how to coach in regards to drafting stradegy.
    I am going to give you a mulligan! Carl Dorale has never coached QBs at any level, and do I really need to point out Sparanos blunders.

But NO they shouldn't be here.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    For Earth Below

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just curious how you would have graded the Patriots draft compared to the Dolphins. Passing on Ingram for Vereen. Questionable pick of CB instead of a pass rusher in round 2. Not sure what they will do will Mallett. Will they even be able to develop him for trade value when Hoyer has done well as their #2 QB? If Ireland had a conviction on Daniel Thomas then I'm glad they got him because I'm sure he would've gone soon to the Packers or Bengals. And if teams like the Seahawks, Redskins and Cardinals didn't have any conviction on the QB's in this class then it is understandable why the Dolphins didn't either. I guess the bottom line is whether you would rather have Pouncey & Thomas vs. Solder & Vereen.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyashfan View Post
    Just curious how you would have graded the Patriots draft compared to the Dolphins. Passing on Ingram for Vereen. Questionable pick of CB instead of a pass rusher in round 2. Not sure what they will do will Mallett. Will they even be able to develop him for trade value when Hoyer has done well as their #2 QB? If Ireland had a conviction on Daniel Thomas then I'm glad they got him because I'm sure he would've gone soon to the Packers or Bengals. And if teams like the Seahawks, Redskins and Cardinals didn't have any conviction on the QB's in this class then it is understandable why the Dolphins didn't either. I guess the bottom line is whether you would rather have Pouncey & Thomas vs. Solder & Vereen.
    :imho:
    Me, I would have preferred Ingram and Mallett (and an RB like the kid from Oregon to be named later)
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyashfan View Post
    I would rather have had Pouncey and Mallett or Ingram and Mallett. Resign Ronnie if you took Pouncey.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just sign Devine as a udfa kid is Sproles 2.0.
    Quote Quote